Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Would Coles sit out the season if not traded or released?

EvoSkins

Based on the recent Post article, Gibbs won't give up Coles without something in return. Gibbs will not release him and looks to probably live with taking the cap hit for trading Coles. I know the reworking Samuels contract is a big hurdle, but would Coles sit out in protest? Would he be that cheap and petty? Everyone says what a professional Coles is, but would he honor his contract even though he is unhappy?

Would Coles sit out if not traded or released or will he man up and play?

Coles would play and play hard.

This isn't a personal matter. Coles simply wants to go where he feels he'll get more deep passes (like he won't get any here :rolleyes: ).

The Redskins just want fair price in a trade for him.

Were Coles to sit out, it would make him look like a cancer-type guy that would cause REAL trouble for a team the moment something doesn't sit right with him.

No way anyone would give him decent money if he were to get a reputation like that. :):wewantd:

Originally posted by EvoSkins

Would Coles sit out if not traded or released or will he man up and play?

I think Coles would man up & play. He has nothing to gain by showing other prospective teams that he cannot be professional about this whole thing, especially since he is still getting paid. He has a lot to offer by getting the surgery now & playing hard during the rest of his time here. He can show other teams what he is worth & should perform to the highest level so that he can get a big contract somewhere else. That would be the smart way to go for him.

I'm not sure what to think of Coles anymore. Sure he played his heart out, but I never would have expected him to want to leave the team. He's only been here one year and he's frustrated with the offense. Why don't he stop and realize that if we get the run going and the short passes, it will open up the big play. It's not like Gibbs to be this conservative. I remember their last Super Bowl run all the times Rypien went deep to his receivers.

you can't play football forever. i think the man is clearly very focused on playing football and maximizing his potential - the last thing he is going to do is waste a year in his prime (minus the toe). And if he really does want out, no team will ever trust him if he doesnt play hard for us this year

Archived