Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Issac Bruce..

TheSteve

If the rumors are true and he is let go, he would be an excellent, and I repeat, excellent addition. Right now, with all that is going on, we don't need a "me" guy to come in at WR. We need a capable veteran who is cost effective but one who produces at the same time. Someone who can bide us time while we develop our younger WR's.

I think Jacobs has the potential to be good. And our #9 pick probably will too. But we need a carry over player. If Bruce is released then I'm all for going after him as long as he is not asking for mo' money than we can afford. Ofcourse, we can afford anything, but you get the point.

Originally posted by skinsarethebest

hey, his 2004 numbers were better than anything coles has ever put up in his career at ANY given year

I like Bruce too, but remember his numbers also reflect playing all home games inside a dome, and the Mike Martz "I'll pass 60 times if I want to!" offense.

I could have gotten yards in the situation. I agree with you though Steve, it would be a good situation.

It's hard to say about Bruce, he's plays most of his career on the fast turf under a dome. And lost a step. And knicked up a bit. He clearly had become a cmplementary receiver with the rams. I want to see the whole plan first and not decide piece by piece. That plan clearly has to involve 2 - 3 players and having them compliment each other's talents. We have to see the whole package before we will know the plan.

Of course never forgeting that we still have a ton of our own fa's to resign or replace AND we have to get a veteran center.

Originally posted by Phat Hog

I still say no.... find a young talent.

That's what the draft is for. There are no "young talents" that are proven. This is not a good WR class this offseason. Unless you wish to go after Moss. We need a veteran WR to sheppard the younger players. Bruce can be what Ellard was in his later years. Solid possession WR who we can goto to move the chains until our WR's develop.

Archived