Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Fans rate the sports franchises...

cfujskins

http://proxy.espn.go.com/espn/sportsnation/franchiseRanks?sport=null#nba24

We're no. 60:doh: This is among the ranking of ALL the sports franchises except hockey.

Washington Redskins

overall: 60th

Bang for the buck: 87th

fan relations: 60th

Ownership: 49th

affordability: 90th

Stadium experience: 60th

Players: 54th

Coach/Manager: 10th

Championships: 22nd

Coach and championships are pretty darn impressive.

washington should be a lot higher. its one of the most prestiges franchises out there,. and its the only billion dollar franchise in ANY sport

:bsflag:

I'm

not going to argue the ranking, we have had 1 playoff season since Gibbsdeparture, we haven't had a winning season since 1999, we pay some of the highest ticket prices in the nfl, I can't recall the exact ranking but it's way up there, the club fights so people can't walk to the stadium so they can rake in even more money on the already high parking, as bb said the

mastercard stunt and admission to training camp were very poor

decisions and showed no appreciation for the fans, is it really that hard to

see us ranked low, hell after rereading my post I'm sorta stunned we

got as high as that, I mean as a fan who followed this team in the

early 90's but didn't really become a hardcore fan until around 93/94

when i entered my teens what the difference between my experiences and

the cardinal fan living in arizona except I pay more to be miserable.

I love the Redskins, but I hate the way the franchise has been run the

past 12 years or so. Especially the last 5.

I can't describe the joy I feel that the Cleveland Browns are dead last. I'm living in Cleveland now finishing my law degree, and I hate this town. I went to the Browns-Redskins game last season, and I was called horrible names, which I can't repeat here, about every 5 seconds for 4 hours. They were not anti-Redskins comments, they were anti-me comments. The fans in Cleveland are very bitter, angry, hateful fans. They are the worst I have ever experienced. I love going to Redskins games, and inevitably there's going to be the guy with the Cowboys hat, or how overrun we get by visiting fans. Sometimes things get ugly, and they often get loud, but it's always about how their TEAM sucks, and not those fans personally. It's just another reason why I am proud to be a Skins fan.

Best fans in the NFL!!!

I dont see how you can argue this... I have been to a few games I live in upstate NY.. I love the skins and catch alot of BS for being loyal to them, but when I have been to the games I see alot of others fans in our stadium what does that say about us... i went to the Buffalo game a couple of years ago I felt like i was going to be killed... I know when i have been to our stadium(because the tickets are being scalped like crazy so a regular fan cant go all the time) I see alot of other fans there and I'm not talking about just the visitor section. We need more of us in there. It almost like some of the people buy the tickets just to make money off of them and in opinion that is wrong for us. :logo:

Originally posted by EvoSkins

The Red Sox are 46th on the list and the Bengals are ahead of the Skins. The list in BS.

I don't think the Bengals pay nearly what skins fans pay to see their team play like crap. The skins play like the cards/bengals yet with the way we are gouged for every dollar you'd think we had just won 3 out of 4 sb's and not the Pats.

Originally posted by rdskns n 05

I see alot of others fans in our stadium what does that say about us...

What that says about us is that the Washington area is like no other in the country or world, because of the fact that the country is run from here, and if you want a job in government, law or politics you come here. Because of this, there is always "transplants" - people who move here because of their profession.

This is also a big reason there are so many Redskins fans in other parts of the country - they may have once lived here.

Our casual fans are horrible, and Dan Snyder caters to them by creating luxury boxes and tailgate clubs. I have only sat in the club level once in my life, and seriously some of the wine and cheesers that come in there are ridiculous. Go up to the nosebleeds and you see some great fans, but even they are selling their tickets to fans of other teams because our team hasn't given us anything to cheer about.

Doc Walker said something great on the radio a while back in reference to these people that come to the game to discuss their weekend plans and party's that they will attend. He said basically you should not be able to go into the club level bars once the 3rd quarter hits, because you are there to see a freakin football game and that's where the attention needs to be paid! I agree 100% with PR11Fan's post.

Archived