Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Look who is getting married!

MaddogCT

http://www.thesmokinggun.com/archive/0214051maryk1.html

FEBRUARY 14--You'd be hard-pressed--on Valentine's Day no less!--to find more romantic news than this: Convicted boy lover Mary Kay LeTourneau and her former sixth-grade student have set an April wedding date. The 43-year-old LeTourneau, who spent more than seven years in jail for the rape of Vili Fualaau, is scheduled to tie the knot with her now 22-year-old lover on April 16, according to a Macy's wedding registry. TSG is tapped out, or we'd spring for that KitchenAid mixer ($249.99) or those Kate Spade drinking glasses ($20.00). However, we're not touching that $12.50 Villeroy & Boch pickle dish.

:logo:

As a woman who has always dated younger men than myself, I applaud a 43 year old woman who has the love of a man of 22.

Reverse the roles and there would not be a word.

I do not applaud how the two got together in the first place. She has paid her debt.......and lost a lot in the process.

I also wonder how much counseling these two have had and how much more they will need over the years.

Blondie

Didn't Keith Richards, at the age of 48, marry his 19 year old girlfriend who he had been dating for six years?

Helps to be a rock star I guess.

Still, this relationship has ick written all over it. Had they met when he was 22 and she was 43 that wouldbe one thing, but considering the guy was 13 and she was married with children when they began their relationship, I don't have high hopes for their future together.

Don't know how Richards' marriage is going. Maybe I don't know what I'm talking about. :)

Originally posted by Blondie

As a woman who has always dated younger men than myself, I applaud a 43 year old woman who has the love of a man of 22.

I do not applaud how the two got together in the first place. She has paid her debt.......and lost a lot in the process.

I also wonder how much counseling these two have had and how much more they will need over the years.

Blondie

When I was 22 my 43 year old mother had my love and still does. (Isn't a son always supposed to have a soft spot for his mom? :) )

I understand your point Blondie and while it's a free country I think their relationship is improper and would so even if the roles were reversed. Something about a 43 year old "man" finding companionship with a 20 year old "girl" has always struck me as odd.

That's kinda' my point, though. You really can't separate how they got together and the fact that she was a teacher and he a student was and will aways be.

If it was a male teacher going after a student, he'd rightfully be a sexual predator until the day he died and never stop paying for his mistakes. The press would be skewering him over this instead of trying to find out what's "wrong" with him and understanding him like they try to do with this woman.

I have no problem with an older woman and a younger man. I was 27 dating a woman older than my Stepmother. That's all we'll say about her age... ;)

You can't change their past, though. How they got together was how they got together. It's not a fairy tale May-December romance.

Nick

Originally posted by Monte51Coleman

Companionship?:laugh:

If a man that age was looking for companionship he could join a regular poker game.

I was vexed in finding the right word there given what I think a man that age would really be looking for.

Question is, what in blazes do you do at your poker games? :)

Blondie

I'm all for older women being able to date younger men. My wife is older then me(4 months) ;)

HOWEVER, this woman molested him as a boy and I think this relationship isn't based on love or anything normal for that matter.

Originally posted by Johnny Punani

I'm all for older women being able to date younger men. My wife is older then me(4 months) ;)

HOWEVER, this woman molested him as a boy and I think this relationship isn't based on love or anything normal for that matter.

AGAIN.........I will say I agree that this relationship began as something illegal.

MY first statement about dating and marrying younger men stands. I think that is great.

I never can get the rules straight around here on where to put what smiles so people can understand two separate thoughts.

Blondie

I just find it odd to date younger/older people overall. The most id prefer is 5, maybe 6 years old. Id prefer a younger women, but I mean, within that age difference, I wouldnt mind older.

I admit society's changing now, and in earlier times it was alright for 30 year olds to marry 14-19 year olds (just read a book that discussed Greek and Roman marriages). However, I just feel it odd to have that much of a difference.

Archived