Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Washington Redskins logos

No... I'm not wrong... here is a description from Wiki that is fairly good:

====

GIF (Graphics Interchange Format) is an 8-bit-per-pixel bitmap image format using a palette of up to 256 distinct colors from the 24-bit RGB color space. The format was introduced by CompuServe in 1987 and has since come into widespread usage on the World Wide Web due to its wide support and portability. It also supports animations and even allows a separate palette of 256 colors for each frame.

A GIF image employs lossless data compression so that the file size of an image may be reduced without degrading the visual quality, provided the image can be rendered with only 256 colours. (However, there is a hack that can overcome this limitation under certain circumstances; see true colour.) This limitation makes the GIF format unsuitable for color photographs (which are more commonly seen in the JPEG format) and other images with continuous color, but well-suited for more simple images such as graphics or logos with solid areas of color. Monochrome photographs can be represented well as GIFs but still suffer from file size bloat due to the inappropriate compression technique.

Many software developers were surprised when it was revealed that the compression algorithm used by GIF had been patented by Unisys, and that they would have to pay royalties for writing programs that generated GIF files. The desire for a comparable format with fewer legal restrictions (as well as fewer technical restrictions such as the number of colours) led to the development of the PNG (Portable Network Graphics) standard.

The Software Freedom Law Center had stated that since 1 October 2006, there are no significant patent claims interfering with employment of the GIF format [1]

Although the original GIF and related patents have expired, PNG is still touted as a technically superior alternative, and has become the third most common image format on the web.

====

You need to brush up on your research before you assume someone is wrong.

Key phrase is "It also supports animations and even allows a separate palette of 256 colors for each frame."

That is what I am talking about. And why else would you use a GIF if not to animate???

You are still wrong

how can a key phrase contain "it also" when your trying to make an absolute statement? That there doesnt make any sense.

You said "A gif is more tha one image... in other words it "moves"."

"A gif can be only one image... by why??? It wasn't created for just that purpose... it was made to move!"

A GIF image has some major advantages over JPEGS as "one image" as you say.

GIFS are smaller, more then half the size of the same file in JPEG format, both saved at its best quality. Cuts down on downloading time, monthly server quotas, etc.

GIFS allow you to add translucent backgrounds. That there is a HUGE reason why to use GIFS over JPEGS.

Those 2 reasons alone are "why" you want to use GIFS over JPEGS.

If you cant understand that, I dont know what else to say to help you.

You are still wrong

how can a key phrase contain "it also" when your trying to make an absolute statement? That there doesnt make any sense.

You said "A gif is more tha one image... in other words it "moves"."

"A gif can be only one image... by why??? It wasn't created for just that purpose... it was made to move!"

A GIF image has some major advantages over JPEGS as "one image" as you say.

GIFS are smaller, more then half the size of the same file in JPEG format, both saved at its best quality. Cuts down on downloading time, monthly server quotas, etc.

GIFS allow you to add translucent backgrounds. That there is a HUGE reason why to use GIFS over JPEGS.

Those 2 reasons alone are "why" you want to use GIFS over JPEGS.

If you cant understand that, I dont know what else to say to help you.

So hey... great... still a waste... try to animate a JPEG... you can't.

I can do those 2 things with the right tools to a JPEGS... knowing your toys and tools.

I can squash the resolution on a JPEG to whatever size resolution I want. Like thumbs are better to click on that displaying the picture in full... etc...

I can translucent a background on a JPEG with web/non developement tools.

For that matter I can use CSS to play with things that affect both.

You still can't animate a JPEG!!

End of story. Peace.

Hello,

I hate to say this but.......Does anyone know who I got this photo from?

I got it developed 4X6 from Kodak and it looks great.

However the 20X36 was horrible.

I can get that fixed NP,but what I'd like to know is does anyone have this in a high resolution image?

If I have to buy it from a web site selling them thats fine too.

I just don't remember where I got it

• 7 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
Here's one for Redskins fans who also love the Grateful Dead:

syfredskinslarge.jpg

I couldn't get this one to open so I made my own. came out OK I think. kind of a newish color scheme but oh well. whats wrong with a little change. I was able to find a digital copy of the original wood cut print that the guys that designed the "steal your face" made and used it. I made a couple of shirts with this about 6x6 in a higher resolution that came out really sweet. if any one is interested in one pm me. I'm sure that we can work out something. cheers and Hail them SKINS!!!

Here's one for Redskins fans who also love the Grateful Dead:

syfredskinslarge.jpg

I couldn't get this one to open so I made my own. came out OK I think. kind of a newish color scheme but oh well. whats wrong with a little change. I was able to find a digital copy of the original wood cut print that the guys that designed the "steal your face" made and used it. I made a couple of shirts with this about 6x6 in a higher resolution that came out really sweet. if any one is interested in one pm me. I'm sure that we can work out something. cheers and Hail them SKINS!!!

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

In case some of you were wondering...

The sites official color scheme for the redskins colors are coded below:

Burgandy is "#660000" (red:102 green: 0 blue: 0)

Gold is "#ff9900" ( red: 255 green: 153 blue: 0)

If you are using Photoshop you can punch these codes (minus the # signs) into the color picker in the box at the bottom with the "#" sign next to it. It is the coded number that the web browsers use to create the color we see on this site. I figured if you all are making signatures, you could use this infor for site matching purposes.

Thought it would help.

(I'm new to the site, but I'm also a website designer and read through the CSS codes for the table borders to see what the specific colors were here on the site.)

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 8 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...
Does anybody know where I can find a high resolution pic of the R logo from this helmet?

thanks.

Is this what you're looking for?

RLogo.jpg

Tell me when you're finished saving a copy so I can take it down.

• 2 weeks later...

Since people seem to be keeping logo questions here, I'll ask here. I'm bidding on this hat on ebay http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=300318679374&_trkparms=tab%3DBidding but, I can't find any history of this ever being a logo. However, it's a new era hat with the oldschool official TeamNFL logo, so I'm figuring it has to be legit. Does anyone know when or if we've ever used that as a logo?

Since people seem to be keeping logo questions here, I'll ask here. I'm bidding on this hat on ebay http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=300318679374&_trkparms=tab%3DBidding but, I can't find any history of this ever being a logo. However, it's a new era hat with the oldschool official TeamNFL logo, so I'm figuring it has to be legit. Does anyone know when or if we've ever used that as a logo?

You should post this in the Classifieds, I 100% sure you'll get an answer there. I have never seen that logo before, here is a link to all the helmets the redskins have had and that is not on there http://www.nationalchamps.net/Helmet_Project/

go to the left and click on NFC East > Go to the bottom of the page

• 3 months later...

Archived