Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Chad Lewis out for the Super Bowl

poidog22

I just heard on the 12:20 ESPN Radio SportsCenter update that Chad Lewis is going to have foot surgery on Wed. and will not play in the Super Bowl.

I hate the Eagles as much as anyone here, but to contribute like he did in the NFC Championship game (2 rec. TD's) and not be able to play in the Super Bowl would suck beyond all belief. :doh:

Lewis done for season

Originally posted by ntotoro

Ehhh... ? What happened? Did he get injured during the game? I don't remember seeing anything happen like that.

Nick

He was injured during his second TD catch, was seen limping off the field right after his celebration.

wow...that makes me want to root for the eagles in the super bowl now because chad lewis is going to miss it

SIKE!!!!!!!!!!!!!

that does suck the for Lewis and the Eagles...L.J Smith is aright but he doesnt have the experience and the respect from opposing teams that lewis might have

"Lis Franc sprain of his left foot"

I love how articles say this stuff expecting us all to know what that is. In case you were wondering:

LISFRANC (Tarsal-Metatarsal) FRACTURE DISLOCATION

The Lisfranc injury to the forefoot is thought to have originated with Napoleon's surgeon. During that time, if a rider was thrown from his horse and the foot was caught in the stirrups, the rider often suffered a severe fracture of multiple bones in the midfoot region with dislocation of the fragments. The resulting trauma often resulted in an amputation of the forefoot at a specific level called the Lisfranc joint, after the French surgeon who first noticed the pattern of this injury. Fortunately, although the injury is still called a Lisfranc injury, amputations are rarely done for this injury.

In modern times, a Lisfranc injury indicates an injury to the normal alignment of the cuneiforms and metatarsal joints with the loss of their normal spatial relationships.

The most common injury to the Lisfranc joint occurs at the joint involving the 1st and 2nd metatarsals and the medial cuneiform. If the ligaments between the medial and mid cuneiforms are disrupted, or between the 1st, 2nd mt and the medial cuneiform, then the bones separate and the normal alignment of the joints is lost.

http://www.arthroscopy.com/sp09022.htm

Originally posted by IbleedBurgundy&Gold

I love how articles say this stuff expecting us all to know what that is. In case you were wondering:

LISFRANC (Tarsal-Metatarsal) FRACTURE DISLOCATION

The Lisfranc injury to the forefoot is thought to have originated with Napoleon's surgeon. During that time, if a rider was thrown from his horse and the foot was caught in the stirrups, the rider often suffered a severe fracture of multiple bones in the midfoot region with dislocation of the fragments. The resulting trauma often resulted in an amputation of the forefoot at a specific level called the Lisfranc joint, after the French surgeon who first noticed the pattern of this injury. Fortunately, although the injury is still called a Lisfranc injury, amputations are rarely done for this injury.

In modern times, a Lisfranc injury indicates an injury to the normal alignment of the cuneiforms and metatarsal joints with the loss of their normal spatial relationships.

The most common injury to the Lisfranc joint occurs at the joint involving the 1st and 2nd metatarsals and the medial cuneiform. If the ligaments between the medial and mid cuneiforms are disrupted, or between the 1st, 2nd mt and the medial cuneiform, then the bones separate and the normal alignment of the joints is lost.

http://www.arthroscopy.com/sp09022.htm

ouch...that's gotta hurt. while i despise the eagles, i appreciate chad lewis's play every week. he's a good player and a hard worker for the eagles. really too bad for him.

Originally posted by IbleedBurgundyNGold

for what it's worth, most Philly fans are familiar w/ this injury so that's prob. why it was written that way. Duce Staley had a Lis Franc injury that kept him out a year and it was another year after that before he finally got back to form.... not a very high success rate of coming back from this type of injury..... I think in Chad's case, with his age, this very well may be career ending.

Sucks for him.

Originally posted by TerpsEagles

for what it's worth, most Philly fans are familiar w/ this injury so that's prob. why it was written that way. Duce Staley had a Lis Franc injury that kept him out a year and it was another year after that before he finally got back to form.... not a very high success rate of coming back from this type of injury..... I think in Chad's case, with his age, this very well may be career ending.

Sucks for him.

I was pretty shocked when I read that this used to be the type of injury that would result in an amputation. This no small deal, so you may be right.

Archived