Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Chad Lewis out for the Super Bowl

poidog22

I met Chad Lewis the other day when Orem High School did some sort of presentation to him at halftime of our game vs him. Sucks for him.

Derek Smith (49ers) went to American Fork. Another local whose face we see in their trophy cage everytime we play vs them.

Man.......Chad in the biggest of games has always been Donavan's secruity blanket...and has been since they started back in 1999, they basically grew in this offense together.

What sucks is that on the day the McNabb needed his go-to-guy, there was Chad, ever reliable, ever open when Donny needed him. This is a loss that hurts really Eagles fans who remember for years it being Vincent, McNabb and Lewis going to the Pro Bowl year after year......

Thanks for everything #89..........hope you'll be back next year!

Number5,

Personally I don't think anything will be taken away from Chad Lewis if the Eagles go on to win the Super Bowl. He can rest easy knowing that his big game two weeks before put them in position to win it all if they can pull it out.

Granted it sucks that he can't suit up and play, but how cool will he feel if they win it all thanks to his huge game in the NFCG??

Oh yeah, just so there's no doubt......:eaglesuck

Originally posted by TD_washingtonredskins

Number5,

Personally I don't think anything will be taken away from Chad Lewis if the Eagles go on to win the Super Bowl. He can rest easy knowing that his big game two weeks before put them in position to win it all if they can pull it out.

Granted it sucks that he can't suit up and play, but how cool will he feel if they win it all thanks to his huge game in the NFCG??

Oh yeah, just so there's no doubt......:eaglesuck

You do have a very good point. My concern as would be if Cooley went down for you guys would be in the red zone.......that takes another option away from our QB. Now granted TO is going to be back, but I'd still want Chad out there. Inside the 10 he has always been deadly.

Originally posted by SILKYSMOOTH

It has nothing to be with being mormon. Why would you think that?

Well, it was sort of a play on what he said. Apparently chad had some bad karma coming his way. So I said, perhaps becuase he is mormon, and doesn't believe in the eastern religions.

Although, I knew what he was getting at. I believe that karma commment was supposed to be addressed at eagles fans, not lewis.

Anyway, I disagree that Lewis IS McNabbs security blanket. In the past, yes, becuase he was the best receiver on the team. But now, Westbrook is the main guy. Thats why I argued, when Owens went down, his role was less important then Westbrooks. Whenever Donovan is in a jam, Westbrook seems to be the guy all year that got the ball dumped off to him.

Archived