Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

We are ALL in trouble -- copywrite infringement.

Art

Originally posted by Art

Not just Eagle fans, sadly. Responsible people who are REDSKIN fans -- usually from smaller sites -- like to speak on topics they don't understand far more often than they should. We see this kind of stuff and just shake our heads in laughter.

I recall seeing it pop up here from time to time in the past. The last one I remember was some guy claiming to be a mod from another site & he kept saying this site could or would end up getting sued. :rolleyes:

Originally posted by buzzlightbeer81

well they sell the rights to NFL films who does make a profit off of selling games on dvd and cilps and such. But your right, your fine until you interfear with their ability to make money, but selling DVDs of the games is the best way to piss em off

That's also why they don't sell them. They do, however, take donations! :)

Originally posted by Art

Just TALKING about the game puts is in violation of the NFL's copywrite policy.

http://www.glossynews.com/artman/publish/jailed-written-consent-979.shtml

Actually, this is a joke piece, but, it is true that some very stupid people think providing clips of the games or a written assessment of the game is a violation of the NFL's policy. It's not, but, I can't tell you how many times very ignorant people threaten Extremeskins for violation of the rules they don't even understand.

Zeb, all, keep doing what you're doing :).

Isn't that law supposed to only apply when someone is trying to sell or resell NFL material? This is not a pay site, so I don't see where anyone would have a leg to stand on anyway. Silly liberals. :nono:

:D

Archived