Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

P.King take on Trade Portis-Bailey

afparent

Originally posted by jrfriedm
He's still a good to very good player at a position where the Broncos were destitute.

And what Trung was something special?

Thank you!! Good lord, the analytical skills of some of these "experts" is ridiculous...not to mention that Bailey has now been downgraded from "elite shutdown corner" to "good to very good player" who has had his effectiveness "quasi-neutered" by a rules change...

For me, I would answer the question by asking another one: Which team improved the most at the position they aquired in the trade, and lost the least at the position they gave up??

Originally posted by wskin44

Would Denver have been a better team with Portis and Springs? Absolutely.

Would Washington have been a better team with Bell and Bailey? No.

Anyone who says different is out of their minds.

So anyone that disagrees with you is crazy. I hope someone with a biased opinion doesn't reply...:rolleyes:

Springs would've done nothing substantial to make that defense any better. Portis would've had a better season behind their OL though. They should would've been punked by the Colts and sent home in the wildcard.

The difference is Portis. Bailey and Springs might be a wash but Portis was a monster in the Denver O. Denver could have had Springs for a lot less than the paid Bailey. Heck maybe they could have had enough left over to buy a second CB. They only fielded one against the Colts. Denver screwed up.

Archived