Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

An Open Letter to Clinton Portis

Dead Money

I was on Clinton's website and thought I'd drop him a line after his recent press clippings about going down south to live it up!

:soapbox:

Hey Clinton,

Pretty good job this year... My-Oh-MY wasn't that the toughest 1300 yards ever?

Well next year Jansen will be back, Gibbs seems committed to resigning Samuels and we will probably upgrade at center too! The line should be better, which should help the run game out, don't you think?.

Ramsey looks to be getting the offseason/preseason nod and we hired a new position coach to help him out with a few of his more noticable tendancies. His overall performance was light years from his preseason play and his action in the first Giants game so we should all be excited to see him take the next step soon. All in all, I think the passing game will improve, which should help open up the run game a bit. Who knows, maybe we'll draft or sign a FA speedster at WR to open it up a bit?

All in all you've got a lot to look forward too:

• *The most expensive coaching staff in the NFL ever!
    *An owner who will spend anything and everything for his team!
    *A fan-base that is about as big & loyal as possible (in todays on-demand world)
    *A pretty good backup in Betts that can adequately fill in for you should you be injured, tired, whatever!
    *The returning #1 Defense in the NFC that shouldn't suffer too many cap casualties in the offseason!
    *A Pretty good supporting cast on offense with Coles, Cooley, Ramsey, Royal, etc...

This should all give you piece of mind that the entire organization is NOT on YOUR shoulders and loosen you up to roll next year. Sorry you didn't get the rushing title, pro-bowl invite, your record of 1500 in first 3 years - it was a tough year and that would have been nice for you but you can assume some of the blame for not winning too, there is definitely enough of that to go around.

Well enjoy the offseason and your fat signing bonus/contract Clinton, your days in Denver definitely got you that to hold onto. And after Roland Bailey's awful season you shouldn't have to hear that many trade comparisons any more....

Have a good time in Miami my friend and live it up; you're young, talented and rich bi`atch!

BUT, do us all a favor here in Redskins-land will ya????? Stay in shape, maybe get a little stronger and come back here in the spring and just work brother... Put your silly belt from your Denver Days away, wear what the team wants you to wear and save all of the guarantees, challenges and record-talk, and critiquing the coaching staff for the fans - we will take care of promoting you all you want.

Just take care of YOUR job running the football, and we the fans will make you bigger than life.

Its time for you to part with the props, (leave them for Carrot-Top he sure could use them.) Show up this spring with a good attitude and your lunchpail and the rest will take care of itself. You don't have to shout from the hills that you are the best. If you're really the best running back around (or Heavyweight Champion) you don't have to tell ANYONE because they will already know it.. If your belt is a fascination with wrestling then get a WWF lunchpail but thats the only prop that an NFL running back should need.

Oh yeah and if you haven't already, you should get Gardner's email... His address and phone number have probably already changed.

All the best,

Some dumb fan in Jersey

:dj:

I liked them in Denver when he was winning....

Don't you think all players should shun the gimmicks and such until they actually win?

And wasn't that belt meant to address everyone on P. Holmes jock last year. That picture was from the game against KC when he ran all over them like a madman wasn't it?

I don't mind the belt, it has to be at the right time though.

CP is what, my age?!? I'll be honest, as level headed as I think I am, I'd be all over the place also if I had the ability and money CP has.

He will be back better then ever next year though. The kid is too much of a competitor and anytime he has faced adversity in his athletic career (after this freshmen season, barely being recruited) he has bounced back strong.

I expect big things from this guy next year, even if he is a Cane

CP,

Have fun this off-season, but don't get too many chick pregnant cuz we don't want any Portis Jr's runnin around distracting you from the game. See you next year when you silence all the haters and bust for 1800 yards and get us to the playoffs.

-illone

Originally posted by illone

CP,

Have fun this off-season, but don't get too many chick pregnant cuz we don't want any Portis Jr's runnin around distracting you from the game. See you next year when you silence all the haters and bust for 1800 yards and get us to the playoffs.

-illone

short and to the point......................I like it!!!!!!!!!!!:notworthy :notworthy

I know I know, I guess you guys missed the part about winning...

It WAS cool when he did it in Denver because he ran all over KC and spanked them silly (twice). He proclaimed himself the champ because everyone in the media was discounting him as a system back and the entire media was for Priest Holmes at the time.

It mattered then, now its a joke. He didn't win anything this year. And it should have been shelved with his bronco jersey.

You guys have fun with it in the parking lot though, that's really where it belongs, in the fans hands!

I think this letter demonstrates what we are all nervous about pertaining to a certain Mr. Portis which is that he may be:

A punk

What disturbs people even more is that Sean Taylor may turn out to be a punk too. This is not Gibbs football. The only punk on Philly is Owens, the only punk on New England is Ty Law. No room for that here and now. We want performance and wins. Then Rod Gardner can do all the first down thingies he wants to do. Get wins guys and then we'll let you get away with acting like your punk a$$es every once in a while. Until then put a sock in it. Leaders don't do that type of crap.

Archived