Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Peter King:MMQB- Mentions Skins and FA pickup at WR

DieselPwr44

Plaxico is the choice if we go after just one splashy free agent! Mike Williams won't be a difference maker in his first year and isn't a threat for the big play. Burress is already a playmaker and still pretty young. We should trade down in the draft and make it a priority to grab Mike Bass and Chris Canty. As for the rest of FA, we should grab the center from Seattle as he is a grizzled veteran and we could get him cheap. This would give space for Bass to grow into the system. Of course we should resign Pierce and Smoot as well.

Muhammed would be a terrible choice, maybe if he were 5 years younger. The guy is going on 32 we can' afford another huge salary bonus for a vet who is not gunna be on the team in 3 years, this move would be vintage Snyder and it would make me sick. PLEASE NO MUHAMMED.

We need to get value FA/draft choices.

Please no more "early 30s, I peaked 2 years ago but I heard Danny will pay me big money as I quickly decline" players!

New England and Philly have pointed the way to success in the cap era: a core bunch of players, lots of value/depth at non-core positions. (Though I wonder if Philly deviated recently with TO and Javon).

Originally posted by D'Pablo

Plaxico is the choice if we go after just one splashy free agent! Mike Williams won't be a difference maker in his first year and isn't a threat for the big play. Burress is already a playmaker and still pretty young. We should trade down in the draft and make it a priority to grab Mike Bass and Chris Canty. As for the rest of FA, we should grab the center from Seattle as he is a grizzled veteran and we could get him cheap. This would give space for Bass to grow into the system. Of course we should resign Pierce and Smoot as well.

I think Mike Williams is better in his first season than Plax right now. He is a very inteligent person and will work on what he needs to in order to be great.

please, no old receivers we dish money out to. Plus, I hope he remains a Panther, Im always for players finishing out long careers. It was a contract year, huge pass. Difference between him and Burress or Porter, they are younger and in their prime.

Archived