Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Jason Witten > Every other TE

HeavyHitta31

Originally posted by HeavyHitta31

You cant lead with your helmet kid :doh:

What picture are you looking at? :rolleyes: Doesn't look like he's in the act of launching himself at your beloved Troy. Only a boyz fan would think that was illegal.

By the way, it's been a very long time since someone called me kid. Thanks.

OVEERRATED.......That guy mailed it in against Maryland when he was at Tenn...no character. You'll see. He'll mail it in again at some point.

That hit was pure and inocent as the driven snow.

Nova..who? If you want to compare Witten to great tight ends...the LAST team you use is DALLAS...Use the Browns, or KC or San Diego or the GIANTS....you see Bavaro was a man. Witten aint even close.

:logo:

Originally posted by SlinginSammy HOF '63

*yawn* enjoy the offseason like us. Yours begins in 2 minutes....after going backwards by three games.

That's fine, two more wins over the skins helps make it a little better.

Maybe you guys can win one again next year.

Witten's not the game's best tight end.

If you want to see the best, look no further than Kansas City. Gates in San Diego isn't far behind.

I think it's fair, and realistic, to consider Witten as the league's third best -- and the NFC's best -- tight end, but not the best in the entire league.

Witten finishes the season second in the league in catches and yards among tight ends, and fourth in touchdowns. Not bad for a second-year player.

Originally posted by Dale

Witten's not the game's best tight end.

If you want to see the best, look no further than Kansas City. Gates in San Diego isn't far behind.

I think it's fair, and realistic, to consider Witten as the league's third best -- and the NFC's best -- tight end, but not the best in the entire league.

Witten finishes the season second in the league in catches and yards among tight ends, and fourth in touchdowns. Not bad for a second-year player.

That is true Dale, but Witten did outperform the skins top 2 receivers he has more yards than both coles and gardener and has as many tds as both of them combined. So we can at least admit that he is better than the skins WR's :laugh:

Player Rec Yds Yds/G Lng Avg TDs 20+ 40+

Laveranues Coles 90 950 59.4 45 10.6 1 10 1

Rod Gardner 51 650 40.6 51 12.7 5 7 3

Jason Witten 87 974 60.9 42 11.2 6 13 1

Originally posted by DallasInDC

That is true Dale, but Witten did outperform the skins top 2 receivers he has more yards than both coles and gardener and has as many tds as both of them combined. So we can at least admit that he is better than the skins WR's :laugh:

Player Rec Yds Yds/G Lng Avg TDs 20+ 40+

Laveranues Coles 90 950 59.4 45 10.6 1 10 1

Rod Gardner 51 650 40.6 51 12.7 5 7 3

Jason Witten 87 974 60.9 42 11.2 6 13 1

And this supports the argument that he is or isn't the best TE how? What a useless post.

Witten is a great player. Probably the best player on the Dallas offense. Parcells knows his TEs, that's for sure.

Right now, though, I wouldn't say he's the very best in the NFL. Top five for sure. But I could think of one or three I'd take ahead of him.

Originally posted by Oldskool

HH31.

Witten is a good solid TE but he is far from being one of the top TE's in the league.

Oh really?

He's the 3rd best TE in the entire league, but according to you, that is far from being one of the top huh? :dunce:

These are the stats for TE's not including Wittens performance tonite.

http://www.nfl.com/stats/playersort/NFL/TE-RECEIVING/2004/regular

Originally posted by ClownPuncher

Oh really?

He's the 3rd best TE in the entire league, but according to you, that is far from being one of the top huh? :dunce:

Well there's a difference when Gonzalez has all the weapons around him in KC, Gates in SD, etc. and in Dallas its nobody but Witten. It affects the stats. Although, granted, it could be argued that would make it harder for Witten.

Originally posted by HeavyHitta31

Nope, sorry, Im alive and well there. Nice class with the Arrington spear of Aikman in your sig though.

Yeah and you have tons of it right? You use the current leader in spearing technique as your sig.

Roy Williams is the dirtiest player in the NFL at the moment, and the thing that baffles me is that he is still a media darling. But I guess you guys have a tradition of that. You know, dirty players that the media loves. See Michael "push-off" Irvin for reference.

Originally posted by CrazyZeb

Well there's a difference when Gonzales has all the weapons around him in KC, Gates in SD, etc. and in Dallas its nobody but Witten. It affects the stats. Although, granted, it could be argued that would make it harder for Witten.

Vinny threw for 3600 yards this season, less than 1000 yards went to Witten. Who did the other 2600 + yards go to if all Dallas has is Witten?

Oh really?

Originally posted by CrazyZeb

Well there's a difference when Gonzalez has all the weapons around him in KC, Gates in SD, etc. and in Dallas its nobody but Witten. It affects the stats. Although, granted, it could be argued that would make it harder for Witten.

yeah pretty much sums it up Zeb.

But again you cant tell cowgirls fans that without getting their assless chaps in a bunch :D

Vinny threw for 3600 yards this season, less than 1000 yards went to Witten. Who did the other 2600 + yards go to if all Dallas has is Witten?

Hey, maybe I'm wrong, but I think 28% of the yardage going to a TE is a lot. Who else do they have, you tell me.

Originally posted by Oldskool

yeah pretty much sums it up Zeb.

But again you cant tell cowgirls fans that without getting their assless chaps in a bunch :D

You guys prove you know nothing about football if you can't admit a player is good just because he plays on a team you hate, that is called poor sportmanship or "my team got knocked the f**k out by their team twice" syndrome.

Archived