Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Jason Witten > Every other TE

HeavyHitta31

Originally posted by ClownPuncher

Oh really?

He's the 3rd best TE in the entire league, but according to you, that is far from being one of the top huh? :dunce:

These are the stats for TE's not including Wittens performance tonite.

http://www.nfl.com/stats/playersort/NFL/TE-RECEIVING/2004/regular

You guys prove you know nothing about football if you can't admit a player is good just because he plays on a team you hate, that is called poor sportmanship or "my team got knocked the f**k out by their team twice" syndrome.

No, you called him the 3rd best TE and referred to someone as a :dunce: based solely on a total yardage stat, just because he didn't think he was one of the top TE's.

Originally posted by CrazyZeb

Hey, maybe I'm wrong, but I think 28% of the yardage going to a TE is a lot. Who else do they have, you tell me.

Who does KC have? Gonzales is their featured player.

In San Diego, Gates is not surrounded by stars besides LT.

Dallas has Julius Jones, who had a 200 yard nite, K. Johnson, Terry Gleen was productive until his injury, and Dallas' rookie WR's all had decent yards, don't you remember the rookie who beat out Taylor for the winning TD last week?

Who does KC have? Gonzales is their featured player.

In San Diego, Gates is not surrounded by stars besides LT.

Dallas has Julius Jones, who had a 200 yard nite, K. Johnson, Terry Gleen was productive until his injury, and Dallas' rookie WR's all had decent yards, don't you remember the rookie who beat out Taylor for the winning TD last week?

Yeah.....I've heard of Larry Johnson too, Holmes only played 8 games this season.

After that, Tony was the featured player.

Same number as JJ, and yet you used him in your argument. :rolleyes:

Same number as JJ, and yet you used him in your argument. :rolleyes:

Now your comparing JJ to PH.

Gonzales is more featured in KC's offense than Witten is in Dallas'.

Bottom line is Witten is the 3rd best TE in the league as far as receptions, yards. He is also a great blocker. He is a Pro Bowler. That pretty much sums it up. There is no argument unless you are blind.

Now your comparing JJ to PH.

Gonzales is more featured in KC's offense than Witten is in Dallas'.

Bottom line is Witten is the 3rd best TE in the league as far as receptions, yards. He is also a great blocker. He is a Pro Bowler. That pretty much sums it up. There is no argument unless you are blind.

My only point was that Witten is more of the focus of the offense in Dallas because they didn't have much else, and is therefore given more of an opportunity to add to his stats. That includes JJ who missed half the season, Glenn who missed most of the season, etc.

If you look at the stats of KC and SD and some others, the numbers are more spread out because there are more options, thus the TE may not have as many catches/yards, etc.

I'm just saying looking at stats does not tell the entire story, I could care less about Witten and whether he's the third best based on 2 stat totals.

You guys prove you know nothing about football

I find this to be a comical statement by a person whose team's non-local fanbase is made up of frontrunners and casual football fans which these people cannot carry on an intelligent football conversation without them trying to turn it into a moronic smackoff.

Originally posted by MeNoRevs

All you homers might be bashin Jason Witten cause hes a Cowboy but he is one hell of a player. Best know, but he can play the TE posistion very very well.

No one's bashing him. We just don't think he's THE best or in the top 3 or so.

My only point was that Witten is more of the focus of the offense in Dallas because they didn't have much else, and is therefore given more of an opportunity to add to his stats. That includes JJ who missed half the season, Glenn who missed most of the season, etc.

If you look at the stats of KC and SD and some others, the numbers are more spread out because there are more options, thus the TE may not have as many catches/yards, etc.

All you have to do is look at how many times each player was thrown the ball. Gonzalez was thrown the ball 148 times, Witten was thrown the ball 122 times, and Gates was thrown the ball 114 times (in 15 games). And Witten wasn't even the leader on the team -- Keyshawn was thrown at 124 times. Kansas City's next-highest receiver was Eddie Kennison (106), and San Diego's was Eric Parker (71).

Obviously, Gonzalez and Gates were more of a focus for their teams' offense than Witten was.

Originally posted by AdamJT13

All you have to do is look at how many times each player was thrown the ball. Gonzalez was thrown the ball 148 times, Witten was thrown the ball 122 times, and Gates was thrown the ball 114 times (in 15 games). And Witten wasn't even the leader on the team -- Keyshawn was thrown at 124 times. Kansas City's next-highest receiver was Eddie Kennison (106), and San Diego's was Eric Parker (71).

Obviously, Gonzalez and Gates were more of a focus for their teams' offense than Witten was.

It's not that simple, KC and SD both have way better running games than Dallas which takes a way a bit from the passing stats. I shouldn't even have used those two as an example, seeing as they were deemed better by ClownPuncher anyways. How about Crumpler, who has great numbers despite being on a predominately rushing team. I'm just saying that stats are a bit misleading if that's all you're looking at, and you can't just declare some one third best in the league and call someone a :dunce: based off of them.

Archived