Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2005 Schedule

gridironmike

Will Mike Williams still be there when the Skins pick in the first round?  

93 members have voted

1. 1. Will Mike Williams still be there when the Skins pick in the first round?

• No, he'll be long gone
    • Yes, and we should snatch him up
    • Yes, but we should pass and get someone else

Damn, no real good road trip opportunities next year (Cleveland and Pitt this year). Too bad we don't get to play at Chicago or at Detroit. Intriguing home games playing against the AFC West, should be fun to go to one of those.

BTW, those are some real tough road games out of the conference and ESPECIALLY if we have to play Carolina.

Originally posted by hail2skins

We'll get to see both Norv (if he isn't axed) and Marty at FedEx!

wow, that is kinda humorous, though I always had respect for Marty.

I wish I could understand how teams are picked to play every year. I know its always one conference from AFC and one from NFC. How are the 2 other teams selected? I kinda hate how we have to play the 49ers again.

Originally posted by Mr. S

I wish I could understand how teams are picked to play every year. I know its always one conference from AFC and one from NFC. How are the 2 other teams selected? I kinda hate how we have to play the 49ers again.

Take a peek here (http://www.johnnyroadtrip.com/schedules/nfl_future_nfce.htm). These future schedules were made possible when the Texans were added, giving the league 32 teams, 4 four-team divisions per conference, and the desire to have the fans be able to see each team play every other team at least once every four years (either home or away). Only two games are determined by the final record.

Originally posted by Mr. S

wow, that is kinda humorous, though I always had respect for Marty.

We play each team in our division (6 games), another division in the NFC (four games) and a division in the AFC(four games). Those eight games are on a rotating basis.

The final two games depend on where we finish in the division. We played San Francisco this year because we and they finish third in our respective divisions last year. Next year we play San Francisco because we play the entire NFC West. We played Chicago and Detroit this year and we will play one of them again next year, depending on whether we finish third or fourth in our division.

http://www.redskins.com/news/0309schedules.jsp

Archived