Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Why the Defence bashing?

Gibbs4Life

im absolutely tired of all this defense bashing. Our defence is the only reason we were even in that game man. 5 sacks an int, and a forced fumble. Theres only so much a defense can do man. That game should have been 23 to 10 dallas, but our defense saved us twice. It just shows us again how ****tey our offense is . We have the worst ive ever seen. Even with spurrier we get the occational long break away play. We haven't done jack.

You guys can blame the defense all you want, but with out them we would be worse than the DOLPHINS and 49ers.

how many different ways can we spell the word defense ... and i agree , its not D cuz we only gave up 13 fukin points , we got to score more than 10 points on the 28th ranked fukin defense to win games no matter what happened the last play of the game

It's hard to blame them when they have been outstanding all year. However, when the team needed them the most, they folder.

Charles Mann said it best in the post-game show. "Any defense can make plays when there is no pressure. A great defense makes plays when you need to make a play." They simply could not make the play when we needed it.

This was certainly not all their fault, but they did let the team down in a critical situation.

Originally posted by ljer

No...we're 5-10 because we can't SCORE more than 8 points a game.

As bad as they were in this game, they took the lead with a TD. Then the D turns around and lets the cowboys go all the way down the feild for the TD, thrown by a 42 year old QB and caught by a seventh round draft pick. We gave the D just enough to win, and they didn't finish. This is on the D.

Honestly, have records or stats ever ment anything in a skins-dallas game? Both team played their butts off this game. We just didn't finish.

Originally posted by Renegade7

Gimme a break. We're 5-10 with them. I'm going to blame them for not playing all 60 minutes when we needed them most.

How about blaming the offense for not playing the whole game. Why dont we ask the defense to cure cancer and aids while where at it. How the hell are we going to ask our defense to hold teams to less than ten points, cause we can't score more than ten. You dont, you get a better offense. But you dont go around blaming the defense.

P.S: make no mistake about it this team without that defense and greg williams is one of the worst teams in the nfl.

1,000 yards in penaltys

As bad as they were in this game, they took the lead with a TD. Then the D turns around and lets the cowboys go all the way down the feild for the TD, thrown by a 42 year old QB and caught by a seventh round draft pick. We gave the D just enough to win, and they didn't finish. This is on the D.

Honestly, have records or stats ever ment anything in a skins-dallas game? Both team played their butts off this game. We just didn't finish.

The defense played there butts off,the offense just showed there a** today.

I agree with Gibbs4life. The two drives prior to the game-winning TD throw, our D held them and caused sacks. You cannot keep sending your D out there with no support from the offense. our offense stinks. Plain and simple. I think it can be blamed on plenty of things (play-calling, execution, penalties) These NEED to be fixed before next season.

Originally posted by The X-Factor

It's hard to blame them when they have been outstanding all year. However, when the team needed them the most, they folder.

Charles Mann said it best in the post-game show. "Any defense can make plays when there is no pressure. A great defense makes plays when you need to make a play." They simply could not make the play when we needed it.

This was certainly not all their fault, but they did let the team down in a critical situation.

Hey man thats crap and you know it. Charles Mann obviously wasnt watching the game. We had to key turnovers by our defense. The strip near the goaline by taylor and the int by springs in the endzone to stop 2 certain scores. They needed to make a big play and they did twice. What more can you ask of a defense. We would have got utter crushed without them. We needed to stop them from scoring and we did. But you cant excpect a defense to do it every time. You have got to help them out with some type of offense.

Originally posted by Gibbs4Life

How about blaming the offense for not playing the whole game. Why dont we ask the defense to cure cancer and aids while where at it. How the hell are we going to ask our defense to hold teams to less than ten points, cause we can't score more than ten. You dont, you get a better offense. But you dont go around blaming the defense.

P.S: make no mistake about it this team without that defense and greg williams is one of the worst teams in the nfl.

1,000 yards in penaltys

The offense sucked too, but they scorced what would've been the game winning TD if the D didn't let Dallas drive like 70 60 yards down the feild for the TD.

those last few drives by the cowboys were insane, we pressured soo much, I dont know how it fell apart that td play, until then, we were solid.

Honestly though, dont bash our teams strongpoint, people could really not ask for a better secondary, and our LB corps is awesome. Only our front 4 could use some help, and they get it from the LB's and secondary. Id still bash the offense more, they could not generate as many plays or points as they should have.

They all played their butts off, but the D didn't finish. The offense gave us the lead and the D didn't defend it.

Thats bull man. The defense gave us the postion to take the lead. We would never have been close enough to take the lead if it wasnt for our defense. Our offense is just awful.

The offense sucked too, but they scorced what would've been the game winning TD if the D didn't let Dallas drive like 70 60 yards down the feild for the TD.

The thing is we have come to expect the offense to play poorly. The defense has been the one thing we can count on all year, and Dallas offense is real bad at passing the ball. Our defense let us down today.

Thats bull man. The defense gave us the postion to take the lead. We would never have been close enough to take the lead if it wasnt for our defense. Our offense is just awful.

Offense scored a touchdown to make it 10-6, no? D allowed Dallas to go down feild and make it 10-13, no? O puts up points, D stops points from being scored. O took the lead, D gave up the lead. Now that I made it elementary for ya, is it still bull?

Hey man thats crap and you know it. Charles Mann obviously wasnt watching the game. We had to key turnovers by our defense. The strip near the goaline by taylor and the int by springs in the endzone to stop 2 certain scores. They needed to make a big play and they did twice. What more can you ask of a defense. We would have got utter crushed without them. We needed to stop them from scoring and we did. But you cant excpect a defense to do it every time. You have got to help them out with some type of offense.

Charles Mann was not watching the game? Yeah he's going to host a POST-GAME SHOW and not watch the game he is talking about.

Don't get me wrong, he defense played well today, but not great. 6 of Dallas' 10 drives ended up in the redzone. This was a bend but don't break defense today. I know that the offense should get most of the blame for this loss, but for the first time all season the defense did not come up big.

Originally posted by bwall-2

The offense played there butts off by scoring 10 pts against a very bad defense?

It's not like they gave up, but they just couldn't do anything. Forget the stats, because the Dallas D has looked good the past two games. A for effort, atleast they gave us a chance to win.

Offense scored a touchdown to make it 10-6, no? D allowed Dallas to go down feild and make it 10-13, no? O puts up points, D stops points from being scored. O took the lead, D gave up the lead. Now that I made it elementary for ya, is it still bull?

You can make it as elementary as you want, but it still doesnt change the fact that our defense (like it has in every game) kept us in this game. Our offense would have never been in a postion to take the lead if it wasnt for defense. Once again our offense let us down. But to blame it on our defense is ridiculous.

5 sacks, 1 int, 1 ff, 1 fr, and we keep them to 3 points in goaline twice.

I refuse to blame a defense that has been the ONLY good thing in our season

I didn't even have to read your post to answer the question. It's easy. The defense is what gave up the winning TD by Dall-AZZ. It's easy to analyze & scrutinize 1 play gone wrong that cost us a game. We've only done it all season long. Lose by 1 play, win by 1 play. This time, the defense takes the hit. :doh:

I'm not really sure if any of you mention this.

but our DEFENSE vs Cowboys. Was on the field over 33mins long total.

I beleive that is the longest the Dfense has been on the field all season. so I truely cant blame them.Even if they allow the last TD or slipped here and there. they are human. And have kept 90% of the games all season in winning range.

we'll be the sleeping giants next season all. Have hope!

Archived