Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Can We Afford Smoot

Bozman777

I am getting a little concerned whether or not we will re-sign Freddy. Looking at our salary cap next year it looks like we are going to have to do some major restructuring of contracts or let a "high profile player" go. I would hate to lose Smoooot he is one of those core Redskin guys.

I think we all agree Fred is as good as Bailey. Then don't you think Fred deserves Bailey money. 6 yrs..50 mil..18 million dollar signing bonus. If you had to choose between Arrington or Smoot who would u keep?:whoknows:

Originally posted by PCRoughrider

If the Colts can afford Manning and Harrison for what they paid, we should be able to afford Smoot and Pierce, easily.

yea but they are going to have to put the tag on James. Its really going to suck when Freeny's rookie contract expires.....

Originally posted by Mittens

Why don't we cut Barrow and give Pierce a fraction of what we paid Barrow? Sounds perfect. We found a player that can perform at Barrow's level for cheaper.

We found a player who is doing a great job of filling in for Barrow. I am not sold that Pierce is Barrow's equal. I think this defense could have been better with Barrow in the middle.

Not that I am unhappy with the job Pierce has done, mind you.

Smoot is one of the visible leaders on the field for this team. He plays hurt and plays well WHEN hurt.

Gibbs says he wants to identify a core and then build on that to get back to winning.

I think we have seen enough to know that #21 is part of that core :)

If we need a few extra bucks we can trade Gardner and give Chad Morton his walking papers after June 1.

Originally posted by bulldog

Smoot is one of the visible leaders on the field for this team. He plays hurt and plays well WHEN hurt.

Gibbs says he wants to identify a core and then build on that to get back to winning.

If we need a few extra bucks we can trade Gardner and give Chad Morton his walking papers after June 1.

Right on!! See ya Mort!!

Originally posted by bulldog

Don't mean to change the subject, but Wow, Am I the only one that actually LIKES Chad Morton?

Originally posted by Neophyte

We found a player who is doing a great job of filling in for Barrow. I am not sold that Pierce is Barrow's equal. I think this defense could have been better with Barrow in the middle.

Not that I am unhappy with the job Pierce has done, mind you.

What have been Pierce's flaws? Barrow isn't exactly young (35 next season), although I know, he performs like he's still in his 20s.

Originally posted by PCRoughrider

If the Colts can afford Manning and Harrison for what they paid, we should be able to afford Smoot and Pierce, easily.

I hope so, but the last time I checked the Colts don't have a 43 mill back-up QB and about 7 mill in dead cap money from bad pick-ups and releases....

Archived