Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Something Sean Taylor desperately needs!!

skns4life

i'm being nit-picky with this thread (i'm really bored at work)

but i think someone needs to tell ST to wear some gloves!! one thing that he is not doing enough is catchin the ball...they're slipping through his bear hands every week...last week against ELi at the end of the game and this week when he tipped it twice up in the air (i know Springs grabbed the INT). thats the only thing i have against Taylor...that he cant get a freakin INT...actually, all the DB's except for SPrings need to learn how to catch better...balls just bounce off their hands and chest (i.e Smoot on the play that Springs got hurt). Alright thats it.

Originally posted by Saqs

Thats's why they're DBs and not WRs :P

yeah but DB's are suppose to get the offense the ball back...i would rather have our DB's INT the ball than watch thrash return it for 4 yards on a punt...im not sayin that they have to be randy moss...but they can atleast be Rod Gardner and catch 50% of them

Originally posted by posse

He's only missed two, people. and Springs got the last one

talk about nitpicking...

thats in one game...and only missed 2?? how many do you want him to miss?? 5?? well technically its 1 because Springs got the other one but still...thats one too many...hmmm Cooley only missed 1 potential TD...Hall only missed one potential game tying field goal....sorry for being nitpicky:rolleyes:

and i sometimes see him with red socks and sometimes i dont :D...i'm just tryin to start something new...ST is beast...i love the guy..i just want him to live up to his "big playmaker" label and see him help the team out that way...his INT against McNabb in the first game was sick though...i'll give him that without the gloves...its the easy ones he cant get

Originally posted by skns4life

but i think someone needs to tell ST to wear some gloves!! one thing that he is not doing enough is catchin the ball...they're slipping through his bear hands every week...last week against ELi at the end of the game and this week when he tipped it twice up in the air (i know Springs grabbed the INT). thats the only thing i have against Taylor...that he cant get a freakin INT...actually, all the DB's except for SPrings need to learn how to catch better...balls just bounce off their hands and chest (i.e Smoot on the play that Springs got hurt). Alright thats it.

he is tied for 2nd on the team with 3 interceptions.

Originally posted by Saqs

Thats's why they're DBs and not WRs :P

ironically that's the exact reason I was safety and not a WR in HS......I couldn't catch a cold.......I tyhink my hands are a little bity better now than then but I still don't think I can catch as well as most people. I could catch deep routes well , It was the bullets that got me.....

gloves don't necessariliy help you catch the ball. Some people catch better without them. Wayne Crebet. Some wear them if the ball hurts or they have jammed fingers or something. It's all personal choice and feel. He plays how he hits...he hits hard, so he plays hard.

Originally posted by SkinsFanMania

he is tied for 2nd on the team with 3 interceptions.

i thought Springs has 4?? anyway...good for him that he has 3...i just wish he had a little more....and gloves do have more grip than bare hands...you cant argue that...i think gloves would have done him good with those passes that went right through his hands

i thought Springs has 4?? anyway...good for him that he has 3...i just wish he had a little more....and gloves do have more grip than bare hands...you cant argue that...i think gloves would have done him good with those passes that went right through his hands

Springs has 4 and ST and Smoot have 3. Thus he is tied for 2nd. I don't believe anyone else has 3 ints on the team.

I want ST knocking heads off, being sound in his assignments, intimidating, opposing WR's, and getting to loose balls and ones there for the taking. Sean does all of these things. I have no complaints about his game. IF he had no hands and could still deliver on all the other things, I'm fine with that.

JEEEEZ, how many other rooks are starting and have 3 ints. Well theres Nathan Vasher, hes got 5, but hes a DB and doesn't hit nearly as hard as Taylor and then theres Jason David with 4 same story as Vasher, but give Taylor a break hes had 51 solo tackles, a sack, 3 ints and a forced fumble not to mention several jarring hits.

Originally posted by denverdan

JEEEEZ, how many other rooks are starting and have 3 ints. Well theres Nathan Vasher, hes got 5, but hes a DB and doesn't hit nearly as hard as Taylor and then theres Jason David with 4 same story as Vasher, but give Taylor a break hes had 51 solo tackles, a sack, 3 ints and a forced fumble not to mention several jarring hits.

Taylor is a freakin monster ...when the hell did I say he isnt playin well or up to the hype..well i did say that i want him to live up the "big playmaker" label but now that i look back...i didnt write that correctly..Taylor is playin to his playmer label...but what fan doesnt want more plays being made when they are right there for the taking?? JEEEEEZ

Exactly Braveonawarpath...

the guy can catch. The only one he dropped was that duck by Eli. The rocket by McNabb was high and fast, but I think if Springs wasn't right there, Taylor would have snatched it off his deflection.

With most guys that ball would have been slightly deflected harmlessly 20 yards downfield.

I was waiting for someone to bring this up!

I see some of you have noticed that in certain games or times in the game he will be wearing gloves, and other times he will not be.

From watching him ever since he was a sophmore at Miami I have noticed something.

He will begin the season wearing gloves, whenever he drops an INT or at least gets his hands on a ball that he does not catch the next series you will notice the gloves have come off. Then if he does the same with no gloves you will see him with gloves back on. Example, at the end of the Giants game he dropped that INT on the last play, beginning of Sunday nights game, no gloves. After he dropped that INT on Sunday night the next series he came out with gloves on.

I even saw him one time just get one hand on a ball against Tennessee and the next series he came out with just one glove left on.

I been noticing this for a long time and then it happened again Sunday night so im pretty sure its true.

It must be a supersticion. But he has great hands dont worry about him. He's only dropped 2 all season that were catchable, the one at the end of the Giants game and the one McNabb threw, but the one McNabb threw was coming awfully fast and he saw it at the last second, that would have been a tough catch, but obviously he felt like he should have made it, since he came out next time with gloves on.

He also had a potential game changing play taken away from him by Fred Smoot. Remember the Steelers game? On their final drive that produced a FG, Sean had an int all lined up at the goal line and there was a chance that he could have taken it back all the way but Smoot dove in the air in front of him and made a great athletic play to knock the ball down but took the sure int from Taylor.

Archived