Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

I think we need to revisit Dawkins "INT"

NoCalMike

Originally posted by Westbrook36

"Unfortunately, this won't be overturned" - Joe Theisman.

Man, talk about some fair coverage. I thought announcers were supposed to at least ACT like they are fair when calling a game.

HAHA maybe he meant for the sake of a fair game, unfortunalty this wont be overturned.

good try though

I'm with Larry -- I think once Dawkins was the only one touching the ball he didn't have possession, but that's not necessarily the issue. I don't think Dawkins had possession toward the end of the play: you can tell b/c the ball was coming loose before he hit the ground. And he didn't have his hand completely under the ball; the ball hit the ground and that helped him gather it in.

I think, however, he might have had possession earlier, simultaneously with the other Eagle defender. I wasn't thinking about that possibility until the ref announced after the review that Dawkins came down with both feet in bounds. He obviously didn't, after he was the only one touching the ball -- he unquestionably only had one foot and one knee in.

That led me to think that the refs either were out of their minds (possible) -- or they thought Dawkins had control over the ball earlier, when the other Eagle also had his hands on the ball, and dual possession by two members of the same team (at least one of whom has control) is likely enough for a reception or interception.

Originally posted by psutrain

oh my god if I hear about refs one more time.

All teams will have bad calls in a game.

BAD TEAMS WILL DWELL ON THEM

WTF do you know about bad calls..i mean wtf does your team know about bad calls, you seem to get every call going your way, thats why you dont wanna hear about the refs. They gave you guys the game on a platter just like Austin's crew did for Dallas, admit it, if you guys were really the class of the NFC, you wouldnt have struggled against our D and rely on two lucky calls to help you win the game.

Originally posted by mad4comp

WTF do you know about bad calls..i mean wtf does your team know about bad calls, you seem to get every call going your way, thats why you dont wanna hear about the refs. They gave you guys the game on a platter just like Austin's crew did for Dallas, admit it, if you guys were really the class of the NFC, you wouldnt have struggled against our D and rely on two lucky calls to help you win the game.

you guys have a good D never said you didn't. Fact is we still won and you had a chance to win. But, your boneheaded savior coach called a dumb play on first down. Bottom line.

you guys have a good D never said you didn't. Fact is we still won and you had a chance to win. But, your boneheaded savior coach called a dumb play on first down. Bottom line.

are you sayin that you make better decisions than a HOF coach you stupid little troll?? why is this guy still on this board??

Even Gibbs himself and your homers on the radio said it was a bad call. He needs to "rethink"

and thats why those reporters are in the HOF...because they've made those calls in crunch time...and thats why your an NFL coach too....because your smarter than GIbbs...like all real football minds have posted already...we were running on every 1st down and it was the perfect time to catch them off guard...Gibbs didnt throw into double coverage...it was just a poor decision that happens in every game...dude you must be like 7 years old or something

Originally posted by Westbrook36

That's a good point.

Joey T just disappointed me with his BLATANT HOMERISM.

"Come on, guys. Get up to the line!"

Then he said Coles catch was "One of the greatest all time plays of the season". An 8 yard reception, remind you.

Maybe if you paid attention to the play you would have noticed just how hard the hit was that Coles absorbed and the effort he made to get a first down. Not sure that any WR in the league could have sustained such a hit and moved forward for the first down. You see, our WRs actually move to the ball as opposed to Fecals WRs that are scared to take hits. So, in the future, please try and refrain from wearing puke green tinted glasses.

Even Gibbs himself and your homers on the radio said it was a bad call. He needs to "rethink"

Are you trying to lie to me? That isn't a good idea. In Joe's press conference today, according to those that listened, ( it's on the Skins site btw), Gibbs said he thought it was a good call. the right call to make. Care to reconsider what you said there?

of course you missed a few frames there when his knee touched in bounds. You need to have irrefutable evidence for the call to be overturned on the field was there? NO

i

m pretty sure thats frame by frame...bubba delivers again!!

refs gave you the game eagle fans...you did not beat us fair and square!!

Archived