Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Electric Razor???

Nerm

I was thinking about asking for an electric razor for x-mas. I was wondering if any of you had some advice on which ones are the best. I have used one before, but I just stopped because it didn’t shave very close. Are any electric ones as good as a blade? Are any even close?

Thanks

I've got a Norelco 8894XL that I really like. It's not perfect for everyday shaving but it gets the job done. I don't shave everyday so when I do I've got extra beard growth--and when I do, this thing works like a dream.

Here it is at Amazon.com.

I've used Braun shavers and have found that they just aren't as good. :2cents:

norelco_shaver_8894xl_med.jpg

Originally posted by iheartskins

I've got a Norelco 8894XL that I really like. It's not perfect for everyday shaving but it gets the job done. I don't shave everyday so when I do I've got extra beard growth--and when I do, this thing works like a dream.

Here it is at Amazon.com.

I've used Braun shavers and have found that they just aren't as good. :2cents:

norelco_shaver_8894xl_med.jpg

What he said.

I use a Norelco shaver and it works great for me.

Originally posted by riggins44

I need to get one for my dad, which he does shave everyday. Would you still recommend the Norelco?

Riggins44: I'd say that it's as good an electric razor as is availible right now. I've used several different models of Braun shavers and none of them has compared in terms of getting against the grain hair (like on your neck) as well as the Norelco. It works great all over the face and if you need to re-do an area, it won't hurt your skin like a shaving with a razor twice will do. It's also got this 'sensitivity' setting where you can change how closely it shaves--so if you've got really sensitive skin, it'll only cut so close (and vice versa).

If you're set on getting an electric razor, this is the way to go IMO.

Originally posted by iheartskins

Riggins44: I'd say that it's as good an electric razor as is availible right now. I've used several different models of Braun shavers and none of them has compared in terms of getting against the grain hair (like on your neck) as well as the Norelco. It works great all over the face and if you need to re-do an area, it won't hurt your skin like a shaving with a razor twice will do. It's also got this 'sensitivity' setting where you can change how closely it shaves--so if you've got really sensitive skin, it'll only cut so close (and vice versa).

If you're set on getting an electric razor, this is the way to go IMO.

The sensistivity setting may be the key. His doctor recommend

he switch to an electric razor, because of the medication

he is on, to reduce chances of cutting.

I don't remember the name of it, but there is a nice looking self-cleaning shaver that I am thinking of getting. The reason razors normally tear a person's face up, is because of a lack of maintenance. That is why I am looking at this option where you can have it clean itself after every shave, and therefore get better performance longer...

Originally posted by riggins44

The sensistivity setting may be the key. His doctor recommend

he switch to an electric razor, because of the medication

he is on, to reduce chances of cutting.

I've basically never cut myself with this razor. When I did it was because I wasn't fully paying attention and I nicked my upper lip.

Here is the features list from Amazon:

Features:

-High-tech cord/cordless shaver adjusts with 9 settings to skin sensitivity

-2-stage cutting action shaves below skin: slots for hairs, holes for stubble

-Floating heads adjust individually to facial contours; full width pop-up trimmer

-Polymer LED tells shaving time, indicates for cleaning, head replacement

-Rinses clean; works worldwide; leather travel pouch included

Originally posted by pez

I don't remember the name of it, but there is a nice looking self-cleaning shaver that I am thinking of getting. The reason razors normally tear a person's face up, is because of a lack of maintenance. That is why I am looking at this option where you can have it clean itself after every shave, and therefore get better performance longer...

Pez: I think you were thinking of a Braun shaver. Maybe this model and maybe this model.

Originally posted by ArmchairRedskin

Wondered about going electric myself. Like you I tried one and it didnt get as close as I'd like. Right now I'm using a Gilette M3, the one with the motor, and I like it a lot. Shaving still sucks though.

I just switched to the same Gilette M3 powered razor as well. Hands down, it's the best & closest shave I've ever had.

Originally posted by TK-IV II I

I just switched to the same Gilette M3 powered razor as well. Hands down, it's the best & closest shave I've ever had.

I agree, the M3 is the best, I kind of scoffed at it at first, but it really is good. The blades are too expensive though.

Originally posted by codeorama

I agree, the M3 is the best, I kind of scoffed at it at first, but it really is good. The blades are too expensive though.

Tell me about it. Ten bucks for a pack of four bades.:(

Originally posted by codeorama

I have very sensitive skin, every electric razor I've ever used has tore up my skin except for a Braun.

They are excellent.

Riggins & Pez: if you read the reviews of the razors on Amazon or elsewhere, you'll see that people tend to be in one or the other camp. They are both well manufacutred, it's just about which one is right for you--and unfortunately, you can only determine that after you've bought the thing. :2cents:

Originally posted by TK-IV II I

You're talking about the battery powered one, right? I got it and I agree, it's the closest shave I've ever had.

Best thing I have found that made a huge difference in my shaving was high end english shave creams. Trumpers,Taylor of old bond street and also a bagger hair shave brush. They work the best for thick beards and sensitive skin.....

www.mensessentials.com

also type in wetshavers into a google search. also for razor bumps Code blue is awsome.....

There is a huge difference in quality from the drugstore shave creams/gels compaired to the english stuff.I go with the grain then against it. very smooth. No drag at all.I also use the m3 power.

Ive used the braun, but its no good in the tough areas like the neck. I have a phillips right now which is superb, its identical to the Norelcos.

Panasonic makes one youre supposed to be able to use in the shower. Whatever you do stay away from Remington. They really suck.

Originally posted by Posse81

You're talking about the battery powered one, right? I got it and I agree, it's the closest shave I've ever had.

Yes. This one.

6025.jpg

BTW, I just checked Gillette's online store & they want $22.50 for 8 blades.:doh:

Archived