Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Third Round picks

We are the Golden State Warriors of the NFL, its all about the quick little guys, this way Dan Snyder doesn't feel as intimidated. Someone should get him some elevator shoes, maybe then he will draft someone big.

Will ya'll quit your whining? Nobody knows how any of these players are going to turn out at this point. We've got a brand new head coach and a brand new defensive coordiantor. Let's not be so arrogant as to think we all know better than they do what this team needs. Leave that to the pundits like Mort and Kiper.

I trust our staff. I believe they have a plan. I'm going to exercise a little patience in my criticism for any of these draft decisions. I suggest you guys try to do the same. Five years from now we may look back at this draft as the biggest coup in years. What if Ramsey turns out to be the next Troy Aikman, Betts is a Pro-Bowl caliber runner, Buaman is a Darrell Green clone, and Russell is the next Joey Galloway? It may seem far fetched, but you never know. All these guys have high upsides. Relax and trust your new coach.

I reserve the right to make snap judgements, if this draft turns out to be a coup and we really do end up with a solid back-up at RB and a solid nickleback, then it is humble pie for me.

Ramsey was fine, the rest was a joke

Originally posted by The Diesel

Will ya'll quit your whining? Nobody knows how any of these players are going to turn out at this point. We've got a brand new head coach and a brand new defensive coordiantor. Let's not be so arrogant as to think we all know better than they do what this team needs. Leave that to the pundits like Mort and Kiper.

I trust our staff. I believe they have a plan. I'm going to exercise a little patience in my criticism for any of these draft decisions. I suggest you guys try to do the same. Five years from now we may look back at this draft as the biggest coup in years. What if Ramsey turns out to be the next Troy Aikman, Betts is a Pro-Bowl caliber runner, Buaman is a Darrell Green clone, and Russell is the next Joey Galloway? It may seem far fetched, but you never know. All these guys have high upsides. Relax and trust your new coach.

TESTIFY!

"Its like they just plum forgot about our needs, DL, OL etc..

RB and CB in 2nd and 3rd?

I just wish we had someone to blame but i dont even know whos running the draft!! Snyder, Spurrier, Cerrato, Cheech and Chong?"

I think they secretly invited Jerrah over to our war room and let him pick for us.

Disappointed isn't the word for my feelings about our draft. Ramsey was OK, but we traded down out of position to draft players who might have addressed a need for the team only to draft guys later who more likely than not won't even make the team.

Pardon me now while I continue with my massive stroke. :twitch:

Actually guys, Bauman sounds pretty damn good if you read this review from NFL.com. Sorta like Darrell, only maybe stronger and not quite as fast but still very fast.

Positives: Compactly built, with a well-defined upper and lower-body frame (stout) … Has a very strong hand grip, taking advantage of it to deliver a jarring jolt to the receivers in press coverage … Very capable in diagnosing plays, knowing exactly what his responsibilities are … Uses his hands to re-route quickly in man coverage and shows explosive acceleration planting and driving out of his backpedal … Very disciplined with good movement skills, sticking tight with the receivers and has quick, rapid feet with excellent balance and body control through his backpedal … Forceful tackler who takes proper angles in order to spring into his hits … Stays low in his stance, displaying fluid hip swerve and head-turning abilities … Tracks the ball in flight very well and can transition on a time-and-burst to make the play on the ball … Switches off quickly in the zone, staying tight with the receivers, allowing no cushion between him and the opponent … Has natural hands and very good lift going up for the ball in traffic, much like a receiver, thus resulting in more than a fair share of interceptions and pass deflections … Breaks sharply towards the ball and will not shy away from contact competing with the ball carrier near the line of scrimmage in run support … Shows an explosive burst off the edge as a blitzer and is fearless in his tackling, as his hits truly stand out on tape … Very adept at avoiding blockers and extends his arms properly to secure the receiver after the catch … Despite his lack of bulk, excels at jamming the bigger receivers at the line of scrimmage … Fluid in reverse and excels at getting in to break up the slant patterns … Aggressive in run support and has a knack for penetrating the line to get to the ball carrier … His sudden burst could be utilized as a punt returner.

Negatives: Size is a big drawback, but he compensates with total aggression in his game and superb leaping ability … Loves attention and can talk "trash," but has the skills to back it up … Can be beaten on post patterns due to his lack of size and taller receivers generally out-jump him for the ball upfield.

's all good Diesel, I know what you're sayin.

And yes, Bauman does seem like good talent, especially at that spot, and given the fact that he's intended to be our future nickel corner. He's perfect for nullifying those little slot receivers that are becoming oh-so popular.

People are just buggin cause we didnt address the lines.

Ya know what? I just decided that I'm not at all bothered with our draft. How bout that? We have interior linemen on the roster. Why would a 3rd round OG start ahead of David Brandt? Or, more likely, ahead of a June 1st acquisition? On the d-line, same deal. We have good players on our team, and we've just added depth. I think I'm willing to wait and see on Ladell Betts. Teams that draft like this keep themselves from getting screwed down the road.

Look at me, I've completely convinced myself we've had a great draft! Actually, you know what? So far, instead of Gurode and Weaver, we have...

QB of the future

RB of the future

CB depth of the current and nickel CB of the future

Speedy weapon for Spurrier to play with

And extra picks in the later rounds to play with.

I'm not going to *****, especially if Ramsey turns out.

The Diesel has a point.

Remember that once upon a time, many thought the Redskins had wasted a first round pick on a cornerback who was too small to play in the NFL. Including Bobby Mitchell.

But the guy ended up having a couple of good years for the Redskins, and his name of course, was Darrell Green.

the only thing I am discounting is the checklist of needs the team went into the draft trying to address :laugh:

1. Spurrier said he would be fine with the idea of entering the season with Wuerffel and Rosenfels as the quarterbacks. He also indicated a trade for Matthews also be satisfactory.

<<obviously either not true or a feeling not shared by Snyder and Mendes, because it was apparent from the opening bell the Skins were determined to come out of this draft with a qb, regardless of the cost>>

2. We identified LG or DT as need areas and were in a draft that was fairly deep at both spots but didn't address either within the first 100 picks, despite making trades to end up with FOUR choices instead of the original TWO in Day 1.

3. We have Champ, Smoot, Darrell Green, and even our ole buddy Donovan Greer on the roster at CB and yet still used our first pick in round 3 to take an undersized corner that will have matchup problems in the NFL.

4. We took a running back at #2 even though it was a weak draft for runners and a better value pick could probably have been made by taking Betts or another back in round 3 or 4 and using the #2 pick for an inside player or WR.

:pint: :cuss: :puke:

I can live with Ramsey. He must become a starter though or else that pick has been wasted. The rest of the draft sucks. Right now we are at a D.

We haven't come out with a single starter in day one. This draft has Snyder all over it. I was so down about us not getting a general manager. Well looks like we get to see the results of that. This is Snyder and his lackies running the show. It took Jerry Jones 8 years right, to get it right? So I guess we have to wait until 2010 before Snyder gets it right?

Even if Bauman pans out, I don't know if it justifies selecting the nickel back of the future (he's never going to start over Champ or Smoot) in the early 3rd round. I'm more against the position picked then the actual player, but it doesn't help the kid is 5'8. Sure Darrell Green is small as well, but the Skins needed a CB when he was selected. They don't need a CB that bad right now. Maybe some of you are right and I'm bugging out because the lines were completely ignored. I was going nuts when the Skins first selected Bauman.

Time to drink it up and forget about today:cheers:

Sportsline.com about Baumann

Rashad Bauman is a powerfully built pass defender who is the best the West has to offer. Someone is going to get a great steal with that guy in the third round.

They compare him to the Bills' Antoine Winfieled. Maybe I and others were to quick to judge this as a bad pick. Perhaps they saw a need to get a 3rd CB to replace Darrell next year and thought it was a worth a 3rd rounder.

Wellthe point is Darrell Greens replacement is already on the team and is serviceable.

His name is Terrell currently the starting FS.

It makes no sense to ignore DT then OG like this we had a grade of A if we went Ramsey,Weaver and a decent OG

Archived