Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Coach Gibbs can STILL coach!!

Commander Adama

Originally posted by Displaced Redskin Fan

I can't believe people expecting miracles. He is building a core team, a system. A system that will last years. Yes Brunell was a bad move, but Ramsey was ruined by Spurrier. So, why don't we give Coach Gibbs a break and some time. Greatness doesn't come overnight!

I may be wrong, but I think with Spurrier we occasionally got over 20 points, despite a much poorer RB.

:doh:

Ramsey hasn't been ruined by anyone, he did good, dispite the bad play calling today, I don't think anyone can argue that we had good playcalling today. Spurriur may had been an idiot when it comes to mixing up plays and blocking schemes, but he could get guys open.

Hopfully Gibbs will adjust for Ramsey and play to win downfield. When we get in the red zone, I don't get excited, because I don't think we can punch it in. It sucks, somethings DO need to change. Ramsey doesn't.

I am not saying Gibbs can't coach. I FULLY BELIEVE that in time Gibbs will bring this team back to prominence, HOWEVER, you can't possibly look at the way Gibbs called today's game, and come to any other conclusion that Gibbs gave up on Ramsey and the offense at the end of the first half. At the start of the game, we came out ran the ball, hit the short passes, and Ramsey overthrew a couple of deep balls, in which our WRs were taking advantage of young CBs that could NOT cover them one on one, so what does Gibbs do? He basically SHUTS DOWN THE OFFENSE, and we play dink dink dink, while the Eagles adjust and start directing their defense to stop those types of passes. There was absolutely no creativity in today's playcalling.

Look,

after Spurrier, Gibbs return and even the Marty days--- I'm starting to believe that some of the players here aren't as good as we think they are. Mind you I like the vast majority of players on this team, but the talent isn't as good. Maybe it is the coaching. We need continuity--- please keep this team together Mr. Snyder--- continuity has got to make somethings better.

alot of drops..still didnt stretch the field. pretty dissapointing. hung in there for the first half but thats about it. I really didnt like some of the play calling but oh well...alot of penalties..another loss...starts to wear on you. time to prepare for the steelers..another daunting task.

Gibbs play calls, didn't have penalties every freaking time in the red zone. How many times can you be flagged in the red zone? We should have been close to some type of record.

Gibbs Play Calling didn't drop easy passes

Gibbs Play Calling didn't miss a FG/ and kickoff poorly

Gibbs Play Calling didn't miss tackles

Gibbs Play Calling didn't Get a PF for a hit to TO's head

Gibbs Play Calling did not cause the QB to over throw open recievers down the field

Gibbs Play Calling didn't have the Refs screw over us again

The score was 14-6 until; that terrible PI call on 3rd and long that basically gave the Eagles an easy shot for a TD, when it should have been a punt.

Gibbs cannot coach in today's NFL. Did you see the game today?? Spurrier didnt have half as much talent as Gibbs got yet he scores. Gibbs just suck. Point Blank. Dont know if he will get better. But right now he sucks. I dont care what anyone says. You can kiss his asss all ya want to.

Those of you questioning Gibbs' coaching ability will feel very embarassed for having come to that conclusion after 10 games of his first season back.

The struggles of this team are the result of a new offensive scheme trying to be executed by a number of players that don't belong on this roster. Gibbs simply has a number of players who aren't intelligent enough or disciplined enough to run this offense.

We need a roster purge of those players incapable of playing effectivel for Gibbs. I believe Samuels, Betts, Raymer, possibly Dockery, and most definitely Gardner need to be replaced with players of high work ethic and of a higher intelligence.

Only then will we see the Redskins patented execution of old.

I think Spurrier saw the light regarding bad personnel moves. He's smarter than people give him credit for. I hear that Spurrier loved Brunell's QB style when SOS was at UF.

I don't think it's Gibbs, but Spurrier doesn't appear as bad in hindsight, given that he had no real DC his second year and Trung Canidate as his leading RB (now unemployed in the NFL last I heard). Plus SOS had Tim Hasselbeck for several games last year, who couldn't make 3rd string on the Eagles.

The Skins need a real front office. Gibbs will adjust.

At this point, Gibbs is the worst coach in the NFL. He may get it turned around next year and I know he will by year 3.

It is definitely taking him longer to get adjusted to the game. I thought it would take him maybe 5-6 games before he got the playcalling thing down, but looks like it will take the entire year.

We have yet to score 20 points in a game. That is pathetic since we haven't played any top 10 or top 15 defenses yet. I have yet to see any improvement from game to game. There is no adjustments. Everything about the offense just reeks.

Man, this is painful to watch. Defense manages to play well without so many starters and gives the offense the ball with great field position, but it's all useless since the playcalling is horrendous.

PEOPLE....the game is won in the trenches..our OL was hampered when JJ was lost for the season..then rt goes down in this game.

Now our front D line is without CG and PD for this game not to mention the other deffensive starters.

It's no wonder how we kept this game so close for 3 quarters.

Originally posted by Romeo

Gibbs cannot coach in today's NFL. Did you see the game today?? Spurrier didnt have half as much talent as Gibbs got yet he scores. Gibbs just suck. Point Blank. Dont know if he will get better. But right now he sucks. I dont care what anyone says. You can kiss his asss all ya want to.

Grow up. You didn't see the wideouts getting open down the field and Ramsey over-throwing them? Numerous times! How about all the dropped passes? How about all the penalties that totalled more yards than Brunell did in two games! Did we watch the same game?

Originally posted by Cskin

Those of you questioning Gibbs' coaching ability will feel very embarassed for having come to that conclusion after 10 games of his first season back.

The struggles of this team are the result of a new offensive scheme trying to be executed by a number of players that don't belong on this roster. Gibbs simply has a number of players who aren't intelligent enough or disciplined enough to run this offense.

We need a roster purge of those players incapable of playing effectivel for Gibbs. I believe Samuels, Betts, Raymer, possibly Dockery, and most definitely Gardner need to be replaced with players of high work ethic and of a higher intelligence.

Only then will we see the Redskins patented execution of old.

I totally agree with you and Bubba9497. He needs to rebuild and he could only rebuild so much in one off-season. They also need continuity, and I for one am glad he will be here for 5 years.

Archived