Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Steelers fan telling us we will be in cap hell in 2 years

QBkilla56

" You can pay their bonuses plus their salaries or just their bonuses.

Arrington's base salary is 18 million over this year and next. His bonuses add up to 15 million. If he gets traded, then the bonus money is distributed over the next two years and that equals what his base salary would be over the same timespan minus the bonues payouts. That would save 2-3 million each of those two years.

The 8.6 for Brunell gets distributed over two years too and would be a push as far as his salary is concerned. He is set to get 3.4 million next year and 5.4 the following year.

So at the end of the day there could be enough cap room to sign Brees and at least attempt a run at a championship. Snyder would have to do what he normally does, load the end of the contracts up with bonus distributions.

Arrington would command a first round pick easily. Washington needs to use the draft more to build their team and stop relying on free agency so much.

Washington has one more year before they need to make big changes a la Frisco with regards to the cap. Don't take my word for it though, look up their team salary figures for 2006 yourself."

I'm not a cap master so i'm not sure what the hell he is talking about but this ahole seems to care about the REdskins a little too much. Anyone cap master know what to any flaws in his argument?

Originally posted by LaVarArringtons****

" You can pay their bonuses plus their salaries or just their bonuses.

Arrington's base salary is 18 million over this year and next. His bonuses add up to 15 million. If he gets traded, then the bonus money is distributed over the next two years and that equals what his base salary would be over the same timespan minus the bonues payouts. That would save 2-3 million each of those two years.

The 8.6 for Brunell gets distributed over two years too and would be a push as far as his salary is concerned. He is set to get 3.4 million next year and 5.4 the following year.

So at the end of the day there could be enough cap room to sign Brees and at least attempt a run at a championship. Snyder would have to do what he normally does, load the end of the contracts up with bonus distributions.

Arrington would command a first round pick easily. Washington needs to use the draft more to build their team and stop relying on free agency so much.

Washington has one more year before they need to make big changes a la Frisco with regards to the cap. Don't take my word for it though, look up their team salary figures for 2006 yourself."

I'm not a cap master so i'm not sure what the hell he is talking about but this ahole seems to care about the REdskins a little too much. Anyone cap master know what to any flaws in his argument?

Yeah.... first off Brunell's base salary only rises to $1.5 million next year, not 3.4 million.

The Redskins will not get into cap hell, unless some of their highly paid players have career-ending injuries, which would require them to be cut and their high contracts would accellerate to the front. Until that happens, quit worrying.

We only had $10 million in dead cap money in 2004, which is $7 million less than the $17 million in dead cap money we had under Schottenheimer, and in 2005 the team salary cap limit will rise to $85 million.

By comparison, Dallas had $24 million in dead cap money a couple years ago, and although they had to tighten their free agent signing belts one season, even this did not put them in cap hell.

:rolleyes:

Thanks inmate. The problem is I just hate this steelers fan. First he's from Arlington Virginia (so i have no clue why he likes the steelers, cough: front runner: coug) and 2nd he always goes into redskins threads and talks crap about us.

Well if you want to get back at him, tell him the Redskins lead the series with the Steelers, something like 35 to 24 and we have played in as many Super Bowls as the Steelers (5), although they have won one more (4 to 3). :laugh:

Thanks inmate. The problem is I just hate this steelers fan. First he's from Arlington Virginia (so i have no clue why he likes the steelers, cough: front runner: coug) and 2nd he always goes into redskins threads and talks crap about us.

jeez...he could at least be subtle about being a gloryseeker (probably a recently converted baltimore fan)

Your team isn't ever going to be in cap "hell", but will have to make tough decisions becuase of over-paying free-agents in the past. What I mean is, you will have to let go of quality players who are under contract in order to stay under the cap. I believe you are allready as close to cap hell as your going to get.

That's why you have so many threads like this:

http://www.extremeskins.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=76632

http://www.extremeskins.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=81025

http://www.extremeskins.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=81253

Just my opinion.

Originally posted by TobiasEagle77

That's why you have so many threads like this...

The reason we have threads like those is because people don't understand how the cap works, then it is explained. As long as Snyder has the cash and is willing to put it into the team, the team will never been in the proverbial cap hell. People have been saying it for the last 5-6 years, meanwhile Oakland, Tennessee and Baltimore have had mass purges because of dollars, yet no one calls them on it.

We're never more than one player being resigned or cut from fixing issues. The next on the table is Samuels, who is bucking for a new contract anyway. This team will never see the mass turnovers as those three teams I mentioned because the owner is willing to put money into the team, especially with the cap going up over the next few years. All people hear is "cap hell this" and "cap hell that" and don't realize we should have hit it 2-3 times in the last five years, but never did.

Even Indy will eventually renegotiate that ludicrous contract Manning signed. That's just a fact of life.

Nick

The benefit of this year, especially on defense could be the message that it sends to the Front Office. THe successse of the Antonio Pierce's, Lemar Marshalls', Ryan Clark's etc. may be a clarion call that the team doesn't need to be quite as blue chip hungry. This alone, could lessen the "ever-impending" cap hell that we apparently will face every year. It is finally time to begin to build from within and supplement instead of always seeing the grass greener... JMHO, this will give Gibbs what he wants. Gibbs wants a core corp.

Archived