Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Ramsey on Comcast Post Game

nelms

Says he was genuinely surprised when Gibbs pulled Brunell. Was asked about Bugel's comments earlier in the week and said he said he wasn't sure why those comments were made based on the number of reps he's given in practice. He said when he first got into the game he was seeing everything but that he wasn't reacting fast enough. He also said that he had a horrible pre-season and that Brunell deserved the starting job. Nice interview.

You missed the biggest thing

They asked him about the drops. He said that it doesnt matter b/c the WR's made great catches later and runs after them that more than made up for the drops.

Thats a real man's answer. He didnt hide behind the flaws of the WR's or line like Brunell did. He took all the blame.

There is your difference right there, between a real leader and a guy who is just looking out for himself.

Originally posted by Skins26

You missed the biggest thing

They asked him about the drops. He said that it doesnt matter b/c the WR's made great catches later and runs after them that more than made up for the drops.

Thats a real man's answer. He didnt hide behind the flaws of the WR's or line like Brunell did. He took all the blame.

There is your difference right there, between a real leader and a guy who is just looking out for himself.

couldn't agree more, for being as young as this kid is he acts like a real gentleman, i just hope his personality carries over onto the field for us for the rest of the season

Originally posted by TD_washingtonredskins

Loved the interview.

For clarity's sake, I would like to point out that Brunell also pointed the finger at himself and NEVER sold out his teammates.

Having said that, I'm all about some Ramsey for the next 7 games...we need to get into a 1981-esque groove heading into next year.

TD- my sentiments exactly. Brunell has played horribly, but I think people are LOOKING for bad sh!t to say about him when they start criticizing how he stands on the sideline based on a 2 second clip.

However, go skins, and go patrick!

Another thing I forgot to mention - Patrick was asked about the chants for him during the last 2 home games. He said he felt for Mark and thought that while the fans meant well, he thought it hurt Mark's confidence as well as the offense's. This is a stand up guy.

Remember that he only gets 10% of the snaps in practice. You have to expect that he's going to be rusty. Did you notice that when they put McCants in, he was on the money with those 2 passes. Getting some reps with the 1st team WR's is what he needs.

Archived