Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

New WP article on Trotter's visit

Buddha

I'll ask it first.If we do sign him, do we say forget about the 4-3

and go to the 3-4. Or better yet, place a nobody in the other tackle spot and hope that our LB's make up for not having that big run stopping DT that we've all been wanting?

Inside scoup:

Trotter's flight out of DC is destined for Dallas Forth Worth Airport.

Take it easy, Trotter is just on his way home to Hooks, Texas before he visits GreenBay.

Do you know he will actually see Texas Stadium on his way home.

All you Skin fans better hope he doesn't decide to stop by Valley Ranch for a visit. So far 98% of the free agents who stopped by did not leave without a contract.

Be very scared. Jerry Jones is the best business man in the league, plus 4.3 million in cap space (including rookie pool and free agent signings). I know for a fact he would love to stick it to Synder.

Gotta love the offseason poker. be very scared.

Hmmm ... Most Cowboy fans seem to think Dat is quite the up and comer, and that Trotter would be an unnessecary expense. Still, I wouldnt be suprised if Snyder again scares Jones into another panic move akin to vastly overpaying for Joey Galloway.

I would lovere to see Trotter in a Skins uniform. If we end up with pro-bowlers at every LB spot, Bailey and Smoot in the corners, our back seven would be fierce indeed. But I just hope we don’t overpay for him. We do have more pressing needs than LB.

Arrington, Trotter and Armistead ... oh my. :)

I will be very nervous if he signs with the pokes. That would be quite a coup on Jerrahs part.

So would I if the Skins signed Trotter.

Still doesnt solve the offense though.

It may have not been the sexiest signing but dallas Hired Bruce Coslet as the Offensive/cord. He was very successful as a O/C. Boomer Esiason and Jeff Blake had success in Coslet system. I compare Coslet to Novre Turner awesome O/C below average HeadCoach. Dallas has been averaging 25-32 offensive players this offseason during workouts. They are buying into the system.

Stephen Jones(Jerry's son, VP and capologist) stated in an interview this morning that Dallas is still in contact with Ken Dilger and a couple of other free agents(rumours Michael Westbrook and Jeremiah Trotter).

Most Dallas fans are just hoping Trotter stops by for a visit. Darren Woodson has had recruiting dinners with Glover, Byrant Westbrook and Kevin Hardy. They all signed the same day or within a week. The only way Dan Synder signs Trotter is if he gives him the bank and releases players. Greenbay, Houston and Dallas have more cap room.

Dallas and Greenbay had better defenses statically than the Skins. Greenbay are a lot closer to contending than Dallas, Skins or Texans.

The chance to play Philly twice is also achievable in Dallas.

Synder will have to pony up to get Trotter. Marvin Lewis, Champ Bailey, Lavar Arrington and Fred Smoot are a plus, but if he looks at the line front of him (presently), Trotter will see 3 aging linemen and 1 solid starter just acquired(Wynn). The drop of if injuries occur is devastating. The Skins depth on the D-line is putrid. In Dallas Trotter will play behind Greg Ellis, Laroi Glover, Ebenezer Ekuban(loves dragging Skin Qbs around) and Brandon Noble. Dallas has a younger D-line who improved drastically from the horrible 2000 season.

Go figure. Who knows where Trotter will sign?

Trotter will see 3 aging linemen and 1 solid starter just acquired(Wynn).

Wilkinson is actually still pretty young (shockingly enough).

As far as the bit about statistical rankings on D, that goes right out the window. Not only is Marvin Lewis a big draw, but over the last 10 games or so of the season, the 'Skins D is right up there. The biggest draw by far for players on both sides of the ball to come to D.C. has been the opportunity to play for Spurrier and Lewis. That, and they like the fact that Snyder will actively recruit them, unlike 2/3rds of the league's owners.

If the Skins sign Trotter, they have the back seven in football. We'll see how the d-line develops.

I think Marvin is still thinking 4-3 after Trotter signs.

Lewis is now probably 2 - 3 players away from where he wants the D to be,

He needs two more starters - a big DT to clog up the middle and a FS - and one more role player - a pass rushing DE from the draft who can be groomed to replace Coleman/Smith.

The next question to ask is will Kevin Mitchell be released if Trotter is signed? Mitchell counts 688k against the cap. If we do release him we will save 650k and add 38k to our dead cap money. Personally I would keep him as the backup but he may want to leave to pursue a starting opportunity elsewhere.

The Eagles maybe? :cool:

Oh yeah, I left a bit out. I don't think Trotter coming to the Skins has anything to do with Snyder lavishing huge cash. All of our offseason signings have been VERY cap frugal, with players forgoing some cash for the opportunity to play here. I think you're making a biased assumption about the Skins organization and NFL player views about that organization.

Oh yeah, I left a bit out. I don't think Trotter coming to the Skins has anything to do with Snyder lavishing huge cash. All of our offseason signings have been VERY cap frugal, with players forgoing some cash for the opportunity to play here. I think you're making a biased assumption about the Skins organization and NFL player views about that organization.

Do not fool yourself. Yes, your team has been very cap frugal, but I think that is more to do with the second tier free agents your team acquired.

Which players actually left better contracts on the table to play for the Redskins. NOne of the WRs you signed were highly coveted. Reynaldo Wynn is not in the same zip code as fellow free agent Joe Johnson. Jessie Armstead is a Pro Bowler on the downside of his career and is no longer in the same class as Earl Holmes, Sam Cowart or London Fletcher.

We are a 4-3 team.

If we can sign Trotter that would be great and it would be smart to keep Mitchell as backup because there will be an injury look at last year when Wolverine had knee injuries as well as Robert Jones getting nicked.

We'd just need a big body to go with Big Daddy to disrupt the middle.

The rest is gravy

Qcard,

we don't have to release players to sign Trotter.................good ones anyway.

For example, if we release Donovan Greer that won't be a loss at all, and if Kevin Mitchell asks to leave to find an opportunity elsewhere well so be it.

Just watch how the Skins manage the cap when its tight thats the true test of a good front office.

Archived