Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Fed Up with Fed Ex

HTTR84

Let me start by saying I have attended almost every home game since 1983. Maybe it was just easy being a Redskin fan back in the day but the past two years has tried my patients. Last Sunday I really didn't expect us to win the game but at least there wouldn't be many Green Bay fans there to make my experience wosre. Face it, how many people from Wisconsin could be in town for the game ? Boy was I wrong.There were cheese heads everywhere. I would say 25% of the lower bowl were Packer fans. Has it gotten this bad ? Yes it has. Let see how many Bungle fans are here in a few weeks. Will the lower bowl be a 50/50 split ? Will there be more drunken Eagle fans looking for fights at our next home Philly game ?

Fed Ex is pathetic. But going to Fed Ex doesn't have to be this bad. Why do we have to have that pre game jack @$$ try to tell us to get fired up and make noise.That guy is horrible and an embarassment to Redskin fans.

Why do we have to pay $7 for a beer and $5 for a soda.Why can't we bring food in like in Philly ?

Why do we have to be bombarded with rock-n-roll loud comercials ? Last Sunday was putrid. We had an injured Redskin down on the field.In the old days even the band would wait for the player to get up and receive an ovation before they started playing. But not now, we have a Papa Johns comercial shoved down our throats.It was so loud it drowned out the ovation the injured Skin received when he got up. Where is the respect? We have players out there laying it on the line and they can't get the courtesy of an injury applause.

I'm not going to complain about the size of our big screens compared to those at M&T. But for gods sake can't we use them better. How about more highlights from action around the league? How about some more current game stats ?

Remember when everyone received souveniers upon entering the stadium ? Yes some of them were cheesey but it was cool to receive a neon green Redskin cap or a Wid Bunch towell we could wave during the game or maybe even a seat cushion (that could be thrown in a victory celebration) or used for the next season.

I'm sorry about the rant but I feel we are being used to ring out every last dollar Dan can get from us.

I know winning is the only way out but thats not going to happen

with our current co-gm's. I have faith in Joe's coaching but until we are run like a top notch organization ,I fear were stuck in football hell.

Coach Gibbs says we're the best fans in the nfl. When will be treated as such ?

There are 2 men in the organization who could change/adjust these things that you have mentioned.

There names are Dan Snyder (Owner) and Joe Gibbs (Head Coach).

The 2 men could halt the countless & unecessary ads. They could halt the loud annoying music. They could tell tha fat **** to stop belowing to us about screaming on 3rd downs etc...(personally i think that guy on the mic before every game is supposed to be speaking to the "new" influx of fans that are now attending our sacred Sunday event).

These 2 men choose to do nothing. I believe the entire Redskinsnation agrees w/what you have said verbatim.

...as for opposing teams fans...Look Ive been to Skins road games (5 times) and our fans are always represented. Eg. last year in ATL there were about 35-40% Redskins fans. The tickets become available and fans buy them...some Skins fans - some opposing teams fans.

Obviously all 15,000 Packer fans didnt hop on the plane on Sat. night and head over to the game on Sunday. This city/area is a melting pot (transient city) which brings folks from all over the country here for business/job opportunities/political obligations/college etc.. A lot, if not most of the cheeseheads are in the area (eg. my GF and her family who were at the game -YUCK). Furthermore, the Packers are a national team, like Dallas, like Pittsburgh, like the Giants, like Oakland, like SF etc...and they are in every city and every state.

The worse our team is (2-5) and even worse at home (5-16) in the last 21 games....there will be more seats available thus more visiting fans.

Thats how it is everywhere.

Im going to SF this year and I promise there will be atleast 25%+ Redskins fans...you'll see.

I was in the lower bowl and I just took a scan of the entire section and to my suprise it was packed iwth cheeseheads...Its like this at every game and at every game I gotta have to listen to some dip$hit come in there and talk trash. Any opposing team that comes here is having the time of his life cause we usually never win at home and he can rag on us all day long. Its facinating on how many new faces i see at every home game. I'm really not looking foward to the philly game because its only going to be tripled with a-holes and i'm to hardheaded to sit there and not say a word while they bash my stadium and my team. Last year i went to the philly game and it was truly disgusting and probably one of the most demoralizing times i've ever had at a game

Originally posted by Rockville Redskin

I was in the lower bowl and I just took a scan of the entire section and to my suprise it was packed iwth cheeseheads...Its like this at every game and at every game I gotta have to listen to some dip$hit come in there and talk trash. Any opposing team that comes here is having the time of his life cause we usually never win at home and he can rag on us all day long. Its facinating on how many new faces i see at every home game. I'm really not looking foward to the philly game because its only going to be tripled with a-holes and i'm to hardheaded to sit there and not say a word while they bash my stadium and my team. Last year i went to the philly game and it was truly disgusting and probably one of the most demoralizing times i've ever had at a game

The Monday nighter vs. the Eagles (Spurriers 1st year) was the worst in my opinion cuz it was on national tv.

We have sucked at home period and especially vs. the Eagles. Everyone knows this therefore why would they want to spend time & money to see us get blown out for the 88 straight year vs. them?

Once we prove we can beat the Eagles at home i think things "may" start to change but it will take a while.

Plus its so easy to get tickets for cheap.

My friends were able to buy 2 tickets for $10 each from a "scalper" right before the game around 12:30pm last Sunday vs. GB.

Its gotten ridiculous.

Because of excess capacity NFL tix have been reduced to commodites in many cases. Unless it's a really big game there are going to be tix available from scalpers in just about any stadium in the NFL.

With that said I have to say I saw more Packer fans sporting gear around town in the two days before the game (we were in town for the weekend) than I've ever remembered seeing before any game before. Maybe they really do travel more than fans of other teams.

Originally posted by Rockville Redskin

yea 10$?! Thats horrible. I think your near my section in 127...the fans there seem pretty nonexistent from my two years that I've been sitting there. On 3rd downs its a struggle for people to stand up and at least clap their hands.

Yeah Im in section 127/row 13 and those seats are the best.

I have been screaming about these points on this board ever since I became a poster here. Sadly, it won't change. The money involved in players salary's now compared to what they made back in the 80's is ridicilious. I bet Lavar's contract alone is worth more than all of the contract's of the 82 Championship team!! So inorder to keep paying these crazy bonuses and bringing in free agents; Snyder does all of the things you mention. I hate them as much as you; but I don't see things at FedEx changing.

Going to a Redskins game at FedEx Field is more like a Washington Social Event than true football fans going to the game. How many times do you see people walking up and down the aisles during the game loaded down with nacho's, pretezels, and beers? If you asked them the score...they wouldn't know unless they looked on the board...all of this is SAD but TRUE!

Then every home game you are forced to sit next an idiot fan of the opposing team. The Skins rarely win at home so you are stuck listening to them trash talk for 3 hours. What I am supposed to do punch someone in the face each week?

I am so fed up with this I am considering not getting my season tickets next year.

Originally posted by RedskinsNation

The Monday nighter vs. the Eagles (Spurriers 1st year) was the worst in my opinion cuz it was on national tv.

We have sucked at home period and especially vs. the Eagles. Everyone knows this therefore why would they want to spend time & money to see us get blown out for the 88 straight year vs. them?

Once we prove we can beat the Eagles at home i think things "may" start to change but it will take a while.

Plus its so easy to get tickets for cheap.

My friends were able to buy 2 tickets for $10 each from a "scalper" right before the game around 12:30pm last Sunday vs. GB.

Its gotten ridiculous.

Yeah that was some game.. I loved the fact that fedex field was raining down with the chant of " Doooocce " for staley.. Really worth the ticket prices Danny-Boy.. .

Now I just go to the Link when I want to tget abused by Eagles fans!

If Snyder was such a "FAN" like he allegedly is.. He would use his marketing genius to fix this proble.

Originally posted by RonJeremy

I have been screaming about these points on this board ever since I became a poster here. Sadly, it won't change. The money involved in players salary's now compared to what they made back in the 80's is ridicilious. I bet Lavar's contract alone is worth more than all of the contract's of the 82 Championship team!! So inorder to keep paying these crazy bonuses and bringing in free agents; Snyder does all of the things you mention. I hate them as much as you; but I don't see things at FedEx changing.

Going to a Redskins game at FedEx Field is more like a Washington Social Event than true football fans going to the game. How many times do you see people walking up and down the aisles during the game loaded down with nacho's, pretezels, and beers? If you asked them the score...they wouldn't know unless they looked on the board...all of this is SAD but TRUE!

Then every home game you are forced to sit next an idiot fan of the opposing team. The Skins rarely win at home so you are stuck listening to them trash talk for 3 hours. What I am supposed to do punch someone in the face each week?

I am so fed up with this I am considering not getting my season tickets next year.

Yeah I feel you and youre dead right.

Im keeping my tickets though because im not gonna let anyone take anything from me or force me out...believe it or not things will get better and i want to be a part of it.

Snyder doesn't need to do these things to pay his employees, they make way over 50,000,000 in ticket sales alone, and about 10,000,000 in just parking.

That doesn't count everything else they make money on.

Originally posted by RedskinsNation

Yeah I feel you and youre dead right.

Im keeping my tickets though because im not gonna let anyone take anything from me or force me out...believe it or not things will get better and i want to be a part of it.

I have the same reasoning as you as to why I have kept my tickets. I got season tickets when the new stadium opened. Every year I keep telling myself "This year will be better...the Skins will win and drive the opposing fans away" and every game I leave screaming a bunch of four letter words I can't post here... and questioning why I spend $1,000's of dollars on tickets!!

I am fed up!

Originally posted by BigJasMD

Snyder doesn't need to do these things to pay his employees, they make way over 50,000,000 in ticket sales alone, and about 10,000,000 in just parking.

That doesn't count everything else they make money on.

Between salaries and bonuses the players were paid about $110 million this year almost twice what he is recieving in ticket sales and parking.

I think I'm going to wait until after I buy a 90,000+ seat stadium and billion dollar team before I make any comments on prices and adverts :)

I don't neccesarily like it either, but I tend to care more about the Skins than that stuff.

As far as our home field advantage problem....

Winning cures all.

I m not sure what the exact amount is but I know that we have led the NFL in merchandise sales for the last 5 yrs or so. Is that a shared pot?

Otherwise then Snyder generates even more money because of the merchandise sales. In addition I believe we are the only team w/Offical Redskins stores (close to 15 I believe).

Between salaries and bonuses the players were paid about $110 million this year almost twice what he is recieving in ticket sales and parking.

Actually my numbers where if every ticket cost $60. I figured 30,000 parking spots at $25 each, my figures are low. He doesn't need to do the commercials unless the tv went to commercial.

I wish they could do something to limit the other fans, I was at the Ravens game and I was the only person in my row wearing B & G. I was at GB the last time we played them 2002, there were maybe 100 skins fans there.

It used to be people in your section would be your friends for life.

The combination of a suck @$$ team and a lousy game day enviroment have all but destroyed the home game experience.

Winning will cure but if it doesn't happen soon people are going to start to turn in their tickets.

Originally posted by HTTR84

It used to be people in your section would be your friends for life.

The combination of a suck @$$ team and a lousy game day enviroment have all but destroyed the home game experience.

Winning will cure but if it doesn't happen soon people are going to start to turn in their tickets.

If they do turn them in, someone is in line to take them over.

Not sure why anyone would give up their seats after sitting on the list that long. Definitely not now that Joe Gibbs is back.

As depressing as this season has been, it sure looks right having him back on the sideline. :cheers:

Archived