Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Fed Up with Fed Ex

HTTR84

Winning changes everything. Tell then, either defend your turf by telling the opposing fans what you think of them, or stay home and give your ticket to someone who will.

OBTW... At least there was plenty of "cheese" on hand Sunday to go with your whine. :rolleyes:

I have never nor will I ever sell my tickets to the enemy but it certainly seems like thousands of other fans already have. Sooner or later these tickets are not even going to be worth face value. Do you think people are going to continue to shell out thousands of dollars for a lousy product knowing they can't scalp them for face? It's getting too expensive and the Fed Ex game day experience sucks. Wait til Philly puts almost 20,000 in our seats and tell me how much fun it's going to be.

Joe has got to turn this thing around or we become the Bungles of the league.

I will support my team win or lose. All I ask is why does going to the game have to suck? It's all down hill once the tailgatting is over.

That guy from some radio station that comes in before the game to pump up the fans is unbelievably annoying and embarrassing. One of the better aspects of attending the game as oppose to watching on TV is that you are able to escape the constant commercials. Not at Fedex. The music they play is so loud that I can't even hear the person next to me and when they play the band music over the speakers, it is five seconds behind, so you get a horrible mix of what is actually being played and what was being played five seconds ago. Also, instead of keeping the fans informed on the rest of the action around the league (like every other stadium does), Snyder rings the stadium with advertisements instead of scoreboards. Go to any other stadium and you will see scoreboards that show the scores to ongoing games at all times. Worst of all, the product is inferior and has been for 13 years.

Originally posted by TerpsEagles

Just give FedEx to the new baseball team and move on back to RFK... renovations or no renovations....... that was one hell of a fun place to watch a game...... even as the enemy...

peace

I would love that, I never saw a game there. Gotta be better and louder than FedEx.

I'm from philly and a big skins fan i'll be at the bengals game my first time in fedex field i usually catch the skins here or at giants stadium i sure miss rfk i'll be sittting in sec 132 row 22 seats 19-20 i stand out cause i have 3 big redskins tatooed on my arms talk about die hard i live in the heart of south philly eagles country and i do banking for some of those players like liot sheppard ind kalu hugh douglass and sheldon brown and boy do they bust my chops!! well kalu doesnt hes very down to earth guy and the fans here are foaming at the mouth cause they are 7-0 and we are 2-5 makes me sick to my stomach!!! the way u guys are talking about fedex i hope is worth my trip..

Originally posted by Saint Joe

That guy from some radio station that comes in before the game to pump up the fans is unbelievably annoying and embarrassing. One of the better aspects of attending the game as oppose to watching on TV is that you are able to escape the constant commercials. Not at Fedex. The music they play is so loud that I can't even hear the person next to me and when they play the band music over the speakers, it is five seconds behind, so you get a horrible mix of what is actually being played and what was being played five seconds ago. Also, instead of keeping the fans informed on the rest of the action around the league (like every other stadium does), Snyder rings the stadium with advertisements instead of scoreboards. Go to any other stadium and you will see scoreboards that show the scores to ongoing games at all times. Worst of all, the product is inferior and has been for 13 years.

Agree with everything you just said, Last week after walking 20 minutes back to where I parked (I found a 15 dollar lot) I was waiting to merge back on to one one the main exits when the cops directing traffic just closed up shop and left us on own. I guess getting us out of FedEx is not as important as getting us in to spend our dollars.

I go to about 3 games a year if I can afford it and tell myself "never again" I them come down with some sort of amneisa as time goes by and go back for more abuse. :doh:

I'm a club level person and I'm becoming more and more disappointed in the game experience. The person who commented on it being more of a social experience for attendees is right on. I can't stand the people who feel free to walk in front of you while a play is in progress. Its gotten to the point where I feel almost relieved that the two seats next to me seem to be sold on E-Bay and are occupied by fans of the opposing team. The last two games I've had Packers fans and Ravens fans next to me, but at least they've had the courtesy to sit there and watch the game.

I picked up a brochure for what the club level seats will cost starting in 2005 adnd prices start at $2350 per season. I'd be curious to see what percentage of the club level is owned privately and how much by companies. The way this team's performance has been, I can't honestly see how anyone would want to pay $235 to attend a game. I also think its absolutely ridiculous to make people pay $25 to park. That fee will no doubt be jacked up as well next year.

I went to the Linc last year and really appreciated the fervor that the fams brought,and am looking forward to attending the game up there again in a few weeks. Hopefully, if the Redskins start winning, FedEx can resemble the Linc in terms of fan spirit.

Originally posted by cfujskins

I always said that someday, Ill make a homage to FedEx, but man, you guys are making me think a little. I still think you guys are lucky as I would flip out just to set a foot in FedEx. oh well someday, someday.......:(

Still go....your first experience will be cool. When you first see the stadium it looks like a big spaceship. There are advertisements of one sort or another all over the outside. Once you get inside, it is pretty electric while walking through the corridors. It will be pretty live in the parking lots too. And the first view of the field is neat. Now as far as your experience, a lot will depend on what type of game it is. i have been to games where there was absolutely nothing to cheer about and I have been to games at Fedex where it was loud and so much fund (last playoff season). I think people who have the biggest complaints are regular visitors. After you go a few times and leave disappointed you start to wonder why you paid so much money...after a while it gets to you.

We traveled through DC when we left Sunday. After passing by RFK, my buddy asked me if I'd give up my season tickets (this is my third season having them) if the Redskins could play in RFK again. I said no. I waited for twelve years to get them and would still be waiting if they were in RFK. The atmosphere was great in RFK. It has been that way at times in FedEx. The product on the field makes the difference. I actually like some of the things they do at FedEx.....like the new NFL Films music intro. I don't like paying $25 to park, $7 for a brew, or the corny commercial before the Funky Four comes out. I like the new Forward Pass lines. I don't like opposing fans sitting in proximity to me. We probably wouldn't have this discussion if we were winning, so ask it this time next year. Oh yeah, I hate waiting for next year....every year. NASCAR spoils a sports fan. Any event that lets you carry in your own cooler of beer has got to be considered a major sport!

I forgot about NASCAR. A typical NASCAR race draws over 105,000 fans.They get to bring in coolers with food and beer.Thats right beer ! We can't even bring in a lousy bag of peanuts.Is it because of Homeland security ? Those peanut have been known to explode.

How about because Dan can hit us up for $4 bucks.

I'm telling you if it were not for Gibbs our fan base would erode and quickly. If Joe can't turn this around Fed Ex will lose fans by the thousands.

Going to FedEx is the worst. I can live with fans of other teams. Once, and if, the Redskins start winning again, more Skins fans will keep their tickets. But that screaming moron from WJFK is HORRIBLE. The lack of instant replays on the big screens is a disgrace. I am even sick of the pregame introduction hype with the fireworks, loud music, video, etc. Synder has actually made this a WORSE experience - thanks Danny Boy. And while we are at it, The Funky Four have run the course - pull the plug.

Archived