Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

John Edwards/John Kerry needs to accept the loss

KWilliamsAWinfield

Originally posted by Leonard Washington

i don't think he should quit. he worked on this for a while and i would expect he would like to see the loss through. nothing like regrets to keep you up nights.

besides america shouldn't be about quitting.

the longer he waits the more divided this nation becomes, he was strong last night, time to admit defeat

Folks this isn't a recount. This is the SOP Ohio had set for itself. If the margain of victory is less then that of provisional ballots deemed valid, then those votes have to be counted.

Also I'm not sure a recount is even possible for much of Ohio becasue electionic voting machines don't keep a paper trail. Those numbers don't change.

It's clear Kerry is going to lose, but this isn't what happened last time.

Originally posted by Leonard Washington

i don't think he should quit. he worked on this for a while and i would expect he would like to see the loss through. nothing like regrets to keep you up nights.

besides america shouldn't be about quitting.

I wonder if you would feel the same if Bush contested evey state where Kerry won by a smaller margin than Bush won in Ohio.

Originally posted by stevenaa

70% of the precinct in OH use the same punch card machines that Florida had in 2000. How ever, there is statewide law on how the ballots are to be counted. For example, if 2 corners of the chad are broken loose the vote counts.

yes, but they are not contesting the votes counted, this is nothing legal going on, and unlike Florida, Ohio has a very good system in place, not creating laws on the second

Why wouldn't Bush want a recount in states that he lost by less than 1%??? Isn't this all about finding out the true winners and losers here.

Every vote counts, but until we get a nationwide voting system that makes sense, no one knows whos votes will count, and who's won't.

Honestly I've made thousands of transactions at my ATM and have never seen an error on one bank statement, but the states can't figure out a way to make every polling place an electronic polling place, I mean how many hanging chads or circles to fill out can be brought under scrutinization???

UGH

BTW

:eaglesuck

Originally posted by RandyMoss84

John Kerry and John Edwards need to accept the loss, it's over, Bush is killing Kerry so far! Even if Edwards/Kerry demand a recount, they're still is not going to win! JOHN KERRY, PLEASE ANNOUNCE YOU GOT BEAT LIKE A ***** AT 10 IN THE MORNING!!!!!!!!!!!!

51% to 48% is getting beat like a b****?

Have a little class in celebrating the win.

yes, but they are not contesting the votes counted, this is nothing legal going on, and unlike Florida, Ohio has a very good system in place, not creating laws on the second

Agreed. I think that Kerry is hoping the Provisional votes narrow the margin to less than .25%, which would cause an automatic recount, per Ohio Law.

Archived