Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Ramsey doesn't support the fans treatment of Brunell

Redskins4ever

I get a kick out of the guys who are RA RA cheerleaders. They have there saddle shoes, pom poms and cute little skirts on. Never will they utter a single word of contempt on a QB who has played poorly. I would like to get the smelling salts out and wake your butts up.

Brunell has the worst QB ratings in the league.

Does this tell you anything?

I watched the first 6 games at home and thought to myself things will get better and we will finish the year on a high note. I went to the game yesterday and it was a very rude awakening. Our leader on the field is terrible. He can only hit a 10-15 yard slant pass. When he rolls out he doesn't even look to the other side of the field. I saw Cooley so wide open on one play I almost cried. Then I started to think the Packer "D" didn't screw up. They floated a zone to the side of the rollout and had no coverage on the other side because Brunell either can't get the ball there or just doesn't look over there or maybe a bit of both. On atleast 5 other occasions are recievers had the "D" beat. All he had to do was get the ball there. He blew everyone of those plays and two of them would have been huge gains because noone was behind the recievers. He is holding onto the ball too long. It is as if he is waiting for the reciever to get wide open on every snap. Does he even trust his own accuracy?

Ramsey is trying to follow the company line. While I agree with Henry he could have just said no comment. Now I wonder what is going to happen behind the scenes at Redskin Park? Is the Danny going to ask Joe to play Ramsey? If he does what does this do to there relationship? How much longer will the guys on "D" keep there mouths shut? This whole mess is going to get alot worse before it gets any better.

As fans (many of us paying fans), we have the right to express our disappointment with the team, you cant just expect us to shut up and cheer no matter what, thats how dictatorships work!

That's probably the dumbest thing I've read in quite some time.

Sure, it's your right as a person to boo. However, it's not the right thing to do IMO. Everyone wearing B&G is doing their best to win. This is our team and I won't BOO them. I may want to see Ramsey just like you, but I recognize that the OL didn't help Brunell a lot and the RBs are still missing key blocks.

The bottom line is that if you stay with the guys on the field and support them, it feels much better when they turn it around!

:cheers: :cheers: :point2sky :point2sky :helmet: :helmet:

Originally posted by TD_washingtonredskins

As fans (many of us paying fans), we have the right to express our disappointment with the team, you cant just expect us to shut up and cheer no matter what, thats how dictatorships work!

That's probably the dumbest thing I've read in quite some time.

Sure, it's your right as a person to boo. However, it's not the right thing to do IMO. Everyone wearing B&G is doing their best to win. This is our team and I won't BOO them. I may want to see Ramsey just like you, but I recognize that the OL didn't help Brunell a lot and the RBs are still missing key blocks.

The bottom line is that if you stay with the guys on the field and support them, it feels much better when they turn it around!

:cheers: :cheers: :point2sky :point2sky :helmet: :helmet:

Which monkey are you, see, hear or speak? :rolleyes:

After each game this season, I've gone into the opponent's locker room and asked a veteran defensive player with credentials to tell me about Brunell. And each week I've been told that Brunell is most of the problem, that their defensive game plan is to gang up on Portis until Brunell completes some passes downfield, that defensive coordinators are convinced Brunell can't do that any more with any consistency.

So, yesterday I asked Packers safety Darren Sharper the same questions. Sharper, who lives here in the offseason, isn't some trash-talking irritant; he's one of the NFL's smartest and most insightful defensive players who is sorely missed right now in the Packers' secondary because of an injury. Asked what the defensive game plan was against Brunell, Sharper said: "Knock him down. He doesn't want to get hit. The plan -- and you can see other teams doing the same thing on film -- is to not let him set his feet. Make him roll out. Hit him enough, and sooner or later it'll mess up his accuracy. He's not the same quarterback he used to be. Look, I played against him in Jacksonville, and he was a very, very accurate passer. But in the pocket now, his passes sail. He has to roll out now; maybe he sees his receivers better. I don't know if he's as comfortable in this offense or what. But he's not the same quarterback."

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/articles/A14452-2004Oct31.html

redman, I'm just not an ignorant fan who assumes he knows more than an experienced coaching staff.

To each his own, but I have a problem booing someone on a bad throw on second and 8 and then cheering wildly on third and 8 when he throws a TD. It's just not my style.

I sat behind fans yesterday who were CRUSHING Brunell and that's fine. The issue I have is when, not 5 minutes later, they were mad that we weren't passing enough...I mean, how stupid is that?

I understand the frustration, trust me. I wouldn't mind seeing Ramsey in there either, but why just sit there and berate a guy???

Has anyone thought about the possibility that maybe Gibbs is protecting Ramsey. He's leaving Mark in there to run the ship while the O is struggling so as to not crush Pat's confidence.

So back to your question redman, you can call me any monkey you want, but the fact is, I know a little more about football to sit there and yell "Player 1 sucks!" one second and then cheer for him when he does something well.

I'm patient this year, just like almost everyone on this board said we should be. I don't expect this team to be clicking after 7 Regular Season games. We'll be fine, and I'm fine with the players we have. If Gibbs decides to switch to Ramsey, it'll excite me even more!

Originally posted by CHUBAKAH

I think the problem is, most of you want to put all the blame on Brunell for his play, when in fact there are plenty of places to put the blame. Your the same people that would be screaming when Ramsey came in and stunk the place up even worse.

What I have had a hard time understanding is that you keep wanting Ramsey. Brunell in 7 games now has thrown a total of 5 INT's, of which a couple of them were because he was either rushed, or hit as he let the ball go, or the ball was tipped. In Ramsey's relieve of Brunell he came in and managed to throw 3 in two quarters, yet you still want him.

Sure Brunell is having a very hard time of it, but have you even thought for just one minute that maybe, just maybe he is the best we have AT THIS TIME?

Some of you have a hell of a lot to learn about the game of football, and Joe Gibbs.

:doh:

Nice strawman argument. And by the way, you may not have noticed, but the QB who threw 3 INTs yesterday was also the one who Won the game, put up 280+ Yards and led his team to 20 points (you know, all the things Brunell never does). Regardles, trying to sell Ramsey as an "INT Machine" because of 18 passes in an emergency relief situation, down 2 scores in less than 2 quarters, after having taken only 10% of the snaps with the starters in practice the previous 3 weeks... after he demonstrated he was one of the few first year starters in recent history to throw more TDs than INTs over a complete season.... that dog don't hunt.

Originally posted by myzhi

Is it suprising that he would say this in public? You expect him to say Brunell sux, Coach Gibbs sux for playing him, start a mutiny, and etc. Yeah, that's going to get Ramsey into the game quicker and help his trade value when he wants out in the off season. He's a smart man, and by being "team" player, he's saving his career.

Well said. What do people expect him to say?:rolleyes:

"It's frustrating because you're just not going to be perfect. You're not going to hit every throw. I missed a couple to Laveranues [Coles] across the middle, and you can't miss those. Those third downs were key. That just can't happen."

Is it just me, or do we hear this out of his mouth every week?

As for the booing, we will stop when he performs up to the millions of dollars we spent on him.... nuff said

I think the problem is, most of you want to put all the blame on Brunell for his play, when in fact there are plenty of places to put the blame. Your the same people that would be screaming when Ramsey came in and stunk the place up even worse.

What I have had a hard time understanding is that you keep wanting Ramsey. Brunell in 7 games now has thrown a total of 5 INT's, of which a couple of them were because he was either rushed, or hit as he let the ball go, or the ball was tipped. In Ramsey's relieve of Brunell he came in and managed to throw 3 in two quarters, yet you still want him.

Sure Brunell is having a very hard time of it, but have you even thought for just one minute that maybe, just maybe he is the best we have AT THIS TIME?

Some of you have a hell of a lot to learn about the game of football, and Joe Gibbs.

oh please. that justification, the gnat game, for keeping ramsey out/brunell in is getting tiresome.

ramsey came in cold, 2nd game of the season, partially through the third quarter at least 2 touchdowns behind to get the game won. yeah, he threw 3 ints and fumbled snap during that time. so what?

meanwhile, brunell has fumbled multiple snaps, coughed it up when getting sacked and making a hand off that led directly to touchdowns. but its not HIS fault, must be the center or the running back or the o-line. sure hes only thrown 5 ints, but he leads the league in "good decision throws" away. i guess thats because, in 7 games, he targets just arent open.

in 7 games its been everything but brunell. in 7 games they are 2 and 5 and only three teams have a worse record.

but it aint the play of brunell.....

take ramsey to the woodshed for one and a half quarters but absolve brunell for his 22 or 23 quarters of crappy play?

lmao!

Pez, you can stop if you want or keep it up. I for one, just won't be booing.

I like to distinguish myself from the type of fan that will boo for 3 quarters and then cheer like crazy late.

Back in the day, those were the types of fans we made fun of for other teams.

Don't get me wrong, I cheer like a madman along with my wife huly ( unlike the people sitting around us who sat the entire game like they were watching the game on TV). It's just when you see this QB who keeps throwing these errant balls for no reason (I am not including the ones that he SHOULD throw away) and for some reason lost all ability to check down, and doesn't understand the concept of a 3-step drop rather that a 13-step drop..... I get a little pissed. For the money we paid for him (yes WE - where do you think the money goes fellow season ticket holders?) we should be getting a little bit better performaqnce don't you think?

You have to take the money thing out of the equation. It's not Brunell's fault that Gibbs and Snyder decided to pay him as if he were still in his prime.

Just like Chad Morton's situation. He's WAY overpaid too, but again, you can't blame a guy for that.

I agree that it's frustrating and that we're not getting what we should get on offense, but it'll turn around, at some point!

You have to take the money thing out of the equation. It's not Brunell's fault that Gibbs and Snyder decided to pay him as if he were still in his prime.

Just like Chad Morton's situation. He's WAY overpaid too, but again, you can't blame a guy for that.

I agree that it's frustrating and that we're not getting what we should get on offense, but it'll turn around, at some point!

When we brought in Brunell, it was my understanding that he would be our veteran back-up, even if he does start some of the season. At this point in the season, we should seriously consider putting in ramsey (I know he is really rough right now) so that he can get some playing time and the rest of the offence can get used to him. After this game, I KNOW that brunell cannot be our future starter. I have given him plenty of chances and have defended Gibbs' decision to start him, but he is NOT our future.

Apparently, the only time you've ever watched Ramsey is for that one half aganist the Giants. That is the only reason I can understand why you would suggest Ramsey throws alot of interceptions, when in two seasons he's shown not to do so in a higher chance for them in Spurrier's offense.

What I have a hard time understanding why some fans don't understand that alot of why an offense is good or bad comes down to what the QB can do. Evidently, Brunell can't do much anymore. If he was just a tad bit more accurate we would've wasted the Green Bay defense in the second half. How much more do recievers need to be open? Would you suggest college-level separation for Brunell to be able to make the completions?

Samuels shouldn't be made to look bad when he's only doing what he's suppose to do, force KGB up the field, yet Brunell's dumb @$$ takes an ill-advised 10 step drop and runs right into him. These are not the actions of a GOOD veteran quarterback. I have yet to hear one legitimate reason that Brunell should remain the starter beyond "Gibbs obviously thinks he's the best choice, for unknown reasons."

Ok, let's pretend Gibbs has NEVER been wrong on a single personnel decision. Regardless, none of you have the slightest clue why he feels the way he does. So why defend something you don't understand? :rolleyes:

pez, i actually agree with you. the only situation where i think keeping brunell in there would be worth it is if gibbs is trying to protect ramsey.

he's got to keep in mind that brunell might be better equipped to handle adversity than a young QB would. maybe he's trying to get this offense to the point where it can run smoothly before throwing PR in there.

i'm anxious to see what ramsey can do as well, but i trust gibbs knows what he's doing...

So why defend something you don't understand?

On that same thought, why attack a decision when you know FAR less about the situation than the person making the decision?

well, to play devils advocate to the devils advocate......

why then does just about every sportswriter and media personality, both respected and not, with and without nfl experience, current and former nfl players, some that actually played against brunell all say the same thing, brunell stinks?

sure it could be the lemming effect, but how come so many people, with differing backgrounds, all come to the same common denominator?

Again, I don't know. What all those people can't tell us is how Ramsey looks in practice or that Ramsey would be an improvement.

The key is, Gibbs isn't going to change QBs just to say he did something. What good what it do to replace a bad QB with a worse one (if that's what Gibbs thinks right now)?

I just have a hard time seeing Gibbs do things in his first season that would be preventing us from winning games.

So why defend something you don't understand?

On that same thought, why attack a decision when you know FAR less about the situation than the person making the decision?

Because these people that want Ramsey know better than people who trust in Gibbs.

What's sad to me is that you can point a single finger at Brunell, yet have a hard time pointing at the other people on this team that play like complete crap. The line sucks, the recievers are spotty to say the least, yet you fail to mention their play almost every time.

Yeah your right, Ramsey will fix everything.

Originally posted by Chokingdogs

well, to play devils advocate to the devils advocate......

why then does just about every sportswriter and media personality, both respected and not, with and without nfl experience, current and former nfl players, some that actually played against brunell all say the same thing, brunell stinks?

sure it could be the lemming effect, but how come so many people, with differing backgrounds, all come to the same common denominator?

No one is arguing the Burnell does not stink. The argument is that Ramsey is not the answer right now.

Archived