Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

POLL: Now that the season is over...

freakofthesouth

I would actually vote for brunell at this point. We have nothing to gain by playing ramsey anymore. You can't spark a season with five losses. We are eliminated, because no one can beat the eagles. that's seven losses.

so, why play ramsey now? When you have a chance of winning, the coach has an obligation to play the best man. Gibbs missed that window. Now, he should play whoever he wants. He seems to like brunell so why change now?

Granted most of this post is just an expression of extreme anger, but I think there may be a bit of truth to it. At this point in the season, the last thing I want to see is a coach just say, heck, guess the fans were right all along, I don't have a clue what I'm doing anymore. Gibbs has tied himslef to brunell, and if brunell sinks now, he's going to take gibbs with him.

The season isn't over until we're statisticly knocked out of playoff contention. Having said that, I want to see if Ramsey can handle this offense now. He's held the clipboard, Brunell isn't executing. He should be in without a doubt if the playoffs are out the question. But I'm impatient, and want to see if he can win games for us now. I could care less about the past, I want to see if he can work in Gibbs's system presently.

To all those who say Gibbs knows more than we do, that is true but it doesn't mean he can't be wrong, Vermeil is smarter than all of us fans and he missed the boat on Kurt Warner until Green got injured, Belichek is definetly smarter than us and he missed the boat on Brady until Bledsoe got taken out. Billick may not be a qb genius but he missed the boat for almost half a season before pulling Banks for Dilfer. Anyone think they would've won a sb without that change. Point is no coach is beyond making a mistake and just b/c Gibbs is sticking with brunell doesn't mean it's the right decision, it just makes it Joe's decision. But nobody has to follow him blindly and accept it when we've all seen better play from at least one of our backups, arguably both of them.

Originally posted by pr11fan

To all those who say Gibbs knows more than we do, that is true but it doesn't mean he can't be wrong, Vermeil is smarter than all of us fans and he missed the boat on Kurt Warner until Green got injured, Belichek is definetly smarter than us and he missed the boat on Brady until Bledsoe got taken out. Billick may not be a qb genius but he missed the boat for almost half a season before pulling Banks for Dilfer. Anyone think they would've won a sb without that change. Point is no coach is beyond making a mistake and just b/c Gibbs is sticking with brunell doesn't mean it's the right decision, it just makes it Joe's decision. But nobody has to follow him blindly and accept it when we've all seen better play from at least one of our backups, arguably both of them.

Good points!!!!!:point2sky

I have had Brunell's back through the entire season, even though I wanted Ranmsey to start right away. At this point the season IS over. We will NOT beat the better teams on our schedule. We will NOT beat Dallas this year. Time to get the ball rolling for our REAL franchise QB.

I said it in another thread today, but I feel it's worth repeating:

Mark Brunell is a VERY good QB who would serve us PERFECTLY as the #2. Any team would benefit from having him as a back-up. (An expensive back-up, but hey.He's here now, so...)

Class act, solid vet, and may yet make a comeback of Warneresque proportions. However, he needs to heal the hammy, ride the pine, and help teach Patrick Ramsey how to get to the playoffs.

4-12 baby!! Don't we all just love Mark Brunell???!!!

OK, let's get serious. Tell me what you think about April 2005:

http://football.about.com/od/nfldraft/a/nfldrafttoppros.htm

About Football's Top NFL Draft Prospects

*This ranking of the top NFL Draft prospects includes only seniors, with the exception of Mike Williams, who was ruled inelgible to play by the NCAA this year.

1. Derrick Johnson, LB - Texas

2. Antrel Rolle, CB - Miami (Fla.)

3. Mike Williams, WR - USC *

4. Alex Barron, OT - Florida State

5. Ronnie Brown, RB - Auburn

6. Mark Clayton, WR - Oklahoma

7. David Pollack, DE - Georgia

8. Marlin Jackson, CB - Michigan

9. Carnell Williams, RB - Auburn

10. Cedric Benson, RB - Texas

11. Corey Webster, CB - LSU

12. Erasmus James, DE Wisconsin

13. Anttaj Hawthorne, DT - Wisconsin

14. Braylon Edwards, WR - Michigan

15. Kyle Orton, QB - Purdue

16. Dan Cody, DE - Oklahoma

17. Andrew Walter, QB - Arizona State

18. Marcus Spears, DE - LSU

19. Lance Mitchell, LB- Oklahoma

20. James Butler, FS - Georia Tech

21. Elton Brown, OG - Virginia

22. Barrett Ruud, LB - Nebraska

23. Kevin Burnett, LB - Tennessee

24. Michael Munoz, OT - Tennessee

25. Jamaal Brown, OT - Oklahoma

It's sad because the season wasn't even over until Gibbs decided to keep with Brunell.

I KNOW, I mean I KNOW that we'd be better than 2-5 with ramsey and ramsey would be getting his experience.

Look at Carr, harrington, etc, they have bad games but their teams all are at or above .500 with them STILL learning the game. It's not as if the #1 D in the league couldn't have carried a young QB to at least .500.

Damn, I'm hating on Gibbs right now.

Almost everybody on this thread has missed the big picture. PR sucks but, we can't prove it unless we make him play. While he rides the bench somebody will want him in the off season. Kinda like when you buy something at a garage sale and the person says " it works great" you get it home and it doesn't do sh*t.

Put in Hasselbeck!!!!:cheers:

Think of the used car commercial when the saleman it trying to sell the biker a " real sweet ride, look at those flames, gotta be fast":point2sky

Originally posted by damitt03

Almost everybody on this thread has missed the big picture. PR sucks but, we can't prove it unless we make him play. While he rides the bench somebody will want him in the off season. Kinda like when you buy something at a garage sale and the person says " it works great" you get it home and it doesn't do sh*t.

Put in Hasselbeck!!!!:cheers:

Think of the used car commercial when the saleman it trying to sell the biker a " real sweet ride, look at those flames, gotta be fast":point2sky

yeah, pr sucks. Every analyst seems to think he's gonna be a star but their all wrong. he really is a no talent hack. :rolleyes:

There should have been some other options like.......

"No. Start Ramsey and let him finish the season."

2-5 is not a good record but the season is far from over. I remember when Marty was the coach and we were 0-5. Suddenly we won 5 in a row and had a shot at the playoffs. I may seem a bit optimistic but it's not over until the fat lady sings.

The thing that bothers me so much about Brunell is that he KNOWS we hate him now (well most of us). Why won't he come into a game and TRY to prove us wrong? He does nothing more than simply justify our aggravation and total disapproval of his position as a starting QB. This is every game folks. EVERY stinkin' game. And we've played 7. How many games does it take for this guy to act like the veteran we paid big money to take us to a playoff? It's SOOOO laughable!

Originally posted by SkinFaninOKC

There should have been some other options like.......

"No. Start Ramsey and let him finish the season."

2-5 is not a good record but the season is far from over. I remember when Marty was the coach and we were 0-5. Suddenly we won 5 in a row and had a shot at the playoffs. I may seem a bit optimistic but it's not over until the fat lady sings.

Marty had Tony Banks

Joe has Mark Brunell

I would rather have Banks..and that's saying something.

Archived