Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

POLL: Now that the season is over...

freakofthesouth

Yes.

If i am the coach at this point, I have to see if the guy on the bench is really the future of the franchise or if I will be looking to the draft or free agency for a QB i can groom into the system and keep around for more than a season or two.

It could be worse, but I think the reward is worth the risk.

Originally posted by illone

Yes.

If i am the coach at this point, I have to see if the guy on the bench is really the future of the franchise or if I will be looking to the draft or free agency for a QB i can groom into the system and keep around for more than a season or two.

It could be worse, but I think the reward is worth the risk.

I thought about that too illone, but then I tought, if we bringin Ramsey, he'll just do stupid things like throw pics and fumble the ball and stuff...stuff that Mark Brunell never does...:puke:

This is the only argument for Ramsey to sit on the bench, yet Brunell has hurt this team so much; not just from his accuracy issues, but from his turnover-prone play as well. I mean, where's the effin' argument?

Continuity ain't continuity when you continue to lose.

Originally posted by Tom [Giants fan]

If you bring in Ramsey, the season may not be over. How mahy times have we seen a backup come off the bench for a team light a spark. It may be what the Redskins need. I just don't understand why Gibbs is so stubborn and won't do it.

It's good to get some third party perspective on it Tom, thanks.

Ramsey definitely has the mojo to make this team good. He just doesn't practice well, I suppose...just like McCants, who has yet to even get a chance to play. :wtf:

Originally posted by freakofthenorth

I thought about that too illone, but then I tought, if we bringin Ramsey, he'll just do stupid things like throw pics and fumble the ball and stuff...stuff that Mark Brunell never does...:puke:

This is the only argument for Ramsey to sit on the bench, yet Brunell has hurt this team so much; not just from his accuracy issues, but from his turnover-prone play as well. I mean, where's the effin' argument?

Continuity ain't continuity when you continue to lose.

I'm sure he will do those things, at least to a certain extent. What you would want to see in a couple games is room for improvement. If you get a horrible performance like in the Giants game but then he bounces right back and threads the needle on some throws, then you might have something to work with.

The kicker is you will never know with him on the bench. At this point this is just becoming a future issue w/ the draft and free agency and could hurt us for years.

What if we don't find out until next year that Ramsey isn't the answer and by that time we'd have to wait for 2006 draft or the following off-season:doh:

I know for a fact there were 4-5 throws that most QBs would have made today, but Brunell just couldn't/wouldn't. I can't speculate that Ramsey would have made the proper read based on his past performances. However, one thing I do know is that Patrick does have potential. If there is any one coach I trust to get a QB playing up to potential it would be Gibbs.

I'm sure he will do those things, at least to a certain extent. What you would want to see in a couple games is room for improvement. If you get a horrible performance like in the Giants game but then he bounces right back and threads the needle on some throws, then you might have something to work with.

I can't speculate that Ramsey would have made the proper read based on his past performances. However, one thing I do know is that Patrick does have potential. If there is any one coach I trust to get a QB playing up to potential it would be Gibbs.

See, I thought the Giants game was pretty good, irregardless of the pics. He was slingin' the ball, particularly on the Portis TD pass.

I see it like this- give Ramsey a chance to hand the ball to Portis, something he did not do against the Giants, and give him some time to learn the playbook...and voila! A good QB will emerge. This is a friggin' no brainer.

Originally posted by freakofthenorth

See, I thought the Giants game was pretty good, irregardless of the pics. He was slingin' the ball, particularly on the Portis TD pass.

I see it like this- give Ramsey a chance to hand the ball to Portis, something he did not do against the Giants, and give him some time to learn the playbook...and voila! A good QB will emerge. This is a friggin' no brainer.

The giants game was pretty bad, really. He is a 3rd year guy playing like a rookie, not supposed to happen. BUT, that's another discussion and not really a point I need to bring up in this thread. The point here is that we should be looking to the future of this team. Most other clubs are making the swaps and giving other guys a chance.

The giants game was pretty bad, really. He is a 3rd year guy playing like a rookie, not supposed to happen. BUT, that's another discussion and not really a point I need to bring up in this thread. The point here is that we should be looking to the future of this team. Most other clubs are making the swaps and giving other guys a chance.

You're right, let's not get into this Giants game thing...let's just stay on topic (and in agreement) that he should be playing.

Thinking that the season is over is equivalent to quitting. There are 9 games left. Four against the NFC East. :rolleyes:

I am placing my trust with the coaching staff. Why? Because (a) I believe they know more about football than I do; (B) I believe they watch more film than I do; and © I have no other choice. So as long as the coaching staff - not just Joe Gibbs, the whole coaching staff - tells me that Brunell should stay... I will back Brunell. Simple as that.

Originally posted by kingchris626

you guys are all up on Ramsey but remember that Ramsey throws a lot of picks. I would love to see him come in though. Brunnell just isn't getting it done.

This perception still amazes me. He threw 14 TDs against 9 INTs in 11 games last year. Not spectacular, but not bad. And this was all done in a minimum protection scheme with him getting hammered every other play. Brunell currently has 7 TDs and 5 INTs through 7 games. I know everyone likes to say that Ramsey throws a lot of picks and they love to point out the Giant game, but that may be a anomally. I love that someone said that Ramsey played like a rookie against the Giants because of the 3 picks. I hope you all realize that Favre threw 3 picks against us in 1 half yesterday. Does that make him a rookie? Not to mention that Ramsey was playing from behind and had to throw. Favre had a lead.

Enough of this Ramsey is a pick machine. He may be, but he hasn't proven or disproven that yet.

Archived