Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

We Beat the BYE!

Dan T.

Yes, we EDGED the bye. It's defense tipped alot of our passes, though, which surprised me because they never took the field and that INT return for a touchdown made me see that we MUST start Hasselback on next year's bye week. Brunell obviously can't handle a pass-rush that seemed.... "invisible," the way it came through our offensive line.

I also cannot, for the life of me, understand why Joe Gibbs used 3 challenges and called 3 time outs after the kickoff to start the 3rd quarter. The bye refs were so confused because they couldn't find the bye player at fault on the "non-existant replay."

If any fans had been in attendance, they'd have turned on Ol' Joe like rabid dogs.

Anyway, Portis got another 150 and 1 TD. It seemed like he was running on a defensively-empty field! I'm not sure if that would have even been enough if that final lame-duck pass hadn't bounced off (first) Coles' finger, (then) Coles' toe and then BOTH Rod Gardner's hands and INTO Darnerian McCants' MOUTH for the final TD.

Kimrin's PAT almost being blocked by a completely non-present bye special-teams unit is only a testament to how truly bad OUR special teams have become.

I'm just glad we got the win, even if the league decided not to include it in our regular season record.

Look out, Green bay. If you don't know you betta ax da BYE!

Originally posted by Sebowski

I disagree. I think the bye beat us. Arrington got hurt. Thats a loss. Hate to break up the party, but the bye beat us in a squeeker.

Actually, he made it through the bye without getting reinjured. He hurt himself during Green Bay Week. So HTTR, we beat the Bye.

Archived