Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Danny Boy must sell this team

skins4eva

What's Wrong w/ the Redskins Offense?  

119 members have voted

1. 1. What's Wrong w/ the Redskins Offense?

• Play-calling
    • Quarterbacking
    • Offensive Line Play
    • Receiver Play
    • Running Back Play
    • The Learning Curve
    • Other (comments)

I hate him, I hate him, I hate him. I hate his stupid french cuffs, his blonde trophy wife, his idiotic grin, his devilish voice, his lack of knowledge about football, his inability to give GM duties to a competent person, his inability to stop himself from throwing money at worthless free agents. He is a cancer, and the sooner he sells this team the better. Not one good thing has happened since he purchased this team. The ball always seems to bounce in the worst possible way. I hope he gets so frustrated that he just sells it to a competent owner.

Originally posted by skins4eva

I hate him, I hate him, I hate him. I hate his stupid french cuffs, his blonde trophy wife, his idiotic grin, his devilish voice, his lack of knowledge about football, his inability to give GM duties to a competent person, his inability to stop himself from throwing money at worthless free agents. He is a cancer, and the sooner he sells this team the better. Not one good thing has happened since he purchased this team. The ball always seems to bounce in the worst possible way. I hope he gets so frustrated that he just sells it to a competent owner.

Yeah, maybe if we got an owner that was 6'5", 345 lbs, he could go out there and make some blocks for Portis, too. :rolleyes:

To me, his post indicates nothing more than that you haven't really been paying attention, brother. If you have followed this team with your head as well as your heart at all, you should know nothing you've just said applies to Snyder in 2004.

Venting is healthy, I guess ... but so is a passing nod to truth.

Betcha if you really thought about, you could name one good thing that's happened since he bought the team.

Come on man. Think. :)

Om, I understand your point. I just believe that the an organization, team, what-have-you, takes a top-down personality approach. I don't like Danny's personality. I don't like the fact that he thinks he knows everything. If this guy were willing to listen to other people, willing to listen to people who knew the game of football, I wouldn't have as much of a problem with him. But, he's too impatient, too keen on overnight success, which just doesn't happen in the NFL.

I've said it throughout my posts, I'll repeat it: in the NFL, in this day and age, you need consistency. Consistency in personel, and in the organization. We have had none of that consistency since Danny took over the reigns, and it kills us every year. You need players to know what the other guy is doing, and that develops through seasons, not through minicamps in April.

I think bringing in Coles & Gibbs are both good things.

I just can't get over hating him on a certain level--and I don't know what it is. He just appears to me to be an ostentatious pr***. I know he loves the team with all his heart, and only wants the best for the franchise and the fans, I just don't like him.

As I've written in earlier posts, I really didn't like the fact that he put the GSS patches on the guys. I completely, and I mean completely, understand honoring one's father, I just didn't feel that this was an appropriate venue and was more of a showy move than a class move.

Om, I understand your point. I just believe that the an organization, team, what-have-you, takes a top-down personality approach. I don't like Danny's personality. I don't like the fact that he thinks he knows everything. If this guy were willing to listen to other people, willing to listen to people who knew the game of football, I wouldn't have as much of a problem with him. But, he's too impatient, too keen on overnight success, which just doesn't happen in the NFL.

I've said it throughout my posts, I'll repeat it: in the NFL, in this day and age, you need consistency. Consistency in personel, and in the organization. We have had none of that consistency since Danny took over the reigns, and it kills us every year. You need players to know what the other guy is doing, and that develops through seasons, not through minicamps in April.

And I keep asking the same question, too: what have you seen in 2004 that supports anything you're saying here? Everything he's done since hiring Gibbs---everything---has been about giving his HOF Coach what he's asked for, and staying the hell out of the way.

Can you point to one instance where that's not true---just one?

Originally posted by Om

And I keep asking the same question, too: what have you seen in 2004 that supports anything you're saying here? Everything he's done since hiring Gibbs---everything---has been about giving his HOF Coach what he's asked for, and staying the hell out of the way.

Can you point to one instance where that's not true---just one?

I was personally offended by the way he sat in his luxury box. Does that count? ;)

I think a strong argument can be made that he, at very least, WAS a bad owner. His first several years here were a continual mess of spending and interference with daily affairs. The upheaval with coaches, personel, and staff have handicapped us.

Here's a microchasm of what's been wrong with Snyder in the past...should Bruce Smith have spend that much time in last year? No. Am I glad that he got the record as a Redskin? I guess. Was he worth his contract? I'd say definitely not, and he prevented some of our other players from getting experience when he was marginally effective aside from a few, very sporadic, terrific series.

maybe we could all chip in and buy the team!! i'm in for 20 bucks...lol

but seriously, I will say that for whatever reason, if this thing with joe gibbs goes south or sours....if joe ends up leaving before his time or angry at the management, then danny HAS to sell, because he will have lost all credibility with the fan base....there's no one else he can bring in that would possibly excite us.

I actually felt that way after spurious left, danny was right in bringing in the only person that would make us as a fan base forgive and forget all his past sins

Whatever. :rolleyes:

Archived