Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Whats wrong w/ the offense -- You decide !

Octane67

I didn't see a choice on there for our offense just handing the opposition one TD per game. Not only did we turn the ball over in those cases, but the opposing D ran it back for a TD 4 times. We are at least 3-2 without those specific turnovers. We have given up 10 total TDs in 5 games.....4 defensive TDs and a punt return for a TD are included.

Originally posted by poidog22

I really don't see where Ramsey could do much worse than Brunell has been doing. I mean, at the very least Ramsey might be able to hold onto the ball better when he gets hit. And with PR's gunslinger attitude, he might be able to loosen up those tight 8 & 9 man fronts.

:doh: :helmet: :2cents:

ramsey would be taking more sacks

Lets See

with the current group we need to switch to either Ramsey or Hasslebeck at QB.

As far as play calling we need to utlize quick counts, misdirection and dump the vanilla stuff heck I'd grab some plays from S double that worked but needed to provide a blocker or two.

Heck we scout other teams why cant we utilize some of their effective plays like we did with the bootleg?

Its time to take D Mac out of the doghouse

Offseason we have to draft the stud Center and guard and hope for a healthy Jansen

Fire special teams coach get some players that actually can play on special teams that arent starters

Guest BleedinBurgundyandGold

Look at the bright side, Brunell's favorite target (throw-it-away) is looking to make the pro-bowl. He's got what? 50 catches in 5 games?

----------------------------------

Formerly Jurgensen4Prez

Originally posted by OURYEAR#56

We need to start passing the ball better, to open up the run. Clinton isn't a bruising back, so the holes need to be there. Gibbs needs to get rid of Brunell at the end of the year. He's a good field general, but his skills and confidence has diminished.

Why didn't we take a shot with Coles on a go route from the slot? Worked against Cleveland and it might have opened some things up. I'm really worried now, more so than ever, because in the past Gibbs was always able to just make things work, it they were stuffing the run we'd go over the top, if they were blanketing our WR, we'd get the H-back and TE involved. It's apparent to me that Gibb's does not have the right guy under center. Brunell is old, slow and gives up on plays. The one thing you can say about Ramsay is he would stand in the middle of any pocket and make a throw. Brunell is back there dancing more that Michael Jackson, its sickening.

----------------------

Formerly Jurgensen4Prez

Originally posted by NavyDave

Lets See

with the current group we need to switch to either Ramsey or Hasslebeck at QB.

As far as play calling we need to utlize quick counts, misdirection and dump the vanilla stuff heck I'd grab some plays from S double that worked but needed to provide a blocker or two.

Heck we scout other teams why cant we utilize some of their effective plays like we did with the bootleg?

Its time to take D Mac out of the doghouse

Offseason we have to draft the stud Center and guard and hope for a healthy Jansen

Fire special teams coach get some players that actually can play on special teams that arent starters

I taped the game and watched the film early this morning when I couldn't sleep and if you focus solely on the offensive line there was only one player making ANY mistakes, Kenyatta Jones. We all know about the big touchdown play where he got beat by the end, forcing Betts up to help out and letting ed reed turn the corner, but at least 6 or 7 other times he would pull to the weak side and take FOREVER to get there leaving portis one on one with suggs and lewis. With Brunell as our starter, we could not have lost anyone more important than Jon Jansen.

Originally posted by WVSkinsfan

My vote goes to the QB and RB b/c they hav'nt done nothing.

I agree with this. He hasn't done anything this season. He's getting paid like a top 5 QB for this season (bonuses and salary), yet he is no where near average when comparing numbers. Can't find receivers, can't throw beyond 10 yards, isn't even a smart qb.

where's the "all of the above" circle.....

Mostly it's the system. I guess 2 wr's VS a 2 deep zone just won't get open. Maybe we need to "open it up" spurrier style one game and throw everyone off......let the damn line block their guys....no more double teams and If they wanna blitz we'll if you can count to eleven you should know that SOMEBODY is wide open.......tighten up guys.......

Originally posted by KINGBRICE_28

where's the "all of the above" circle.....

Mostly it's the system. I guess 2 wr's VS a 2 deep zone just won't get open. Maybe we need to "open it up" spurrier style one game and throw everyone off......let the damn line block their guys....no more double teams and If they wanna blitz we'll if you can count to eleven you should know that SOMEBODY is wide open.......tighten up guys.......

I agree... We were horrible last night. :mad:

I would vote Brunell, but my session appears to be invalid.

Seriously, the guy is finished. He stinks. I could have done better playing QB last night, and I'm barely even kidding. We can look at every individual player on offense and criticize their relative strengths and weaknesses, but I'm sure the coaching staff is already doing that. There is only one pragmatic solution to our problems that actually stands a chance of making a significant difference. Switch QBs NOW!

Ramsey has been wearing his helmet during the course of both of the last two games. Do you think this is a coincidence? He's going in sooner or later, why not now?

This is what is wrong with the offense and I cannot take all the credit because Doc Walker just said this on TV. Has anyone noticed that Brunell's cadence is exactly the same 2-40 2-40 hut. It isn't that they teams know our plays, they get a good start for every play. How does Reed time his blitz so perfectly? He knows the cadence. On 3 and 2, he should have draw him offsides. Does anyone agree?

It's time to change the QB. Ramsey should start. Brunell does not look comfortable in the offense nor does Portis for the matter, but you can't bench Clinton.

Coles has the dropsies. Did Roy put the "fear" in him?? Let's bring stick em' back if he can't hold on to it.

I hope, at this point, that Gibbs bites the bullet. Record be damned. Let Ramsey finish the season.

I think that in part, its the lack of motion... Our most successful drives have had an inordinate amount of players shifting position. Since our "dumbening" of the playbook, we seem ridiculously easy to figure out. Thats a really simple explanation, and it probably isn't completely right. If Gibbs can get the play out quicker and our players stop being doofuses, this offense has a lot of potential.

It's clearly the gameplanning IMO. The personnel are not being fully utilized to take advantage of their strengths. i.e:

- Portis is not a pounding, workhorse type back

- Cooley is more of a threat receiving than blocking

- The O-line is not a power, blow people off the blocks type unit

- We have a great group of WRs; Lets send out more than 2 as a first rule not second

Bottom line is, this team is not a power type team. The personnel is geared towards that of a race horse: finesse and spreading the field. What we're trying to run is geared for a workhorse type personnel which we dont have. All IMO of course.

Archived