Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Smoot's Post Game Interview Was Great

GatorEye

I love Smoot more and more. He didn't blame the offense. He put it on the defense saying the Ravens scored 3 points - they needed to not score any. They asked him wasn't 3 turnovers enough - he said no they needed to get 4 or 5. He said it was a team game and they needed to dig deep and find a way to win these games. He feels the pain.

I like him more and more every day. I think he's my favorite Redskin. I think he's more of a leader than LA.

What more can you ask from your defense? They gave the offense the ball three times inside the Ravens 40. I think we threw a total of 2 passes into the endzone. First and 10 on the 11 and you don't attempt one pass into the endzone? Oh, I forgot, we can "pound" Portis into the one of the best defenses in the League. Throw the ball JOE!

Originally posted by ljer

Then Springs comes on and seems to be more interested in how his suit looks.

Didn't seem too upset by the loss to me.

I noticed that too. He had this big grin on his face and said it's tough to lose when I dress this good. WTF is that? Smoot looked like someone just ran over his dog.

Also, did you see that shot of Taylor Jacobs at the end of the game? It looked like he was about to cry. We need guys who take losing hard, not ones who care more about how they look after the game.

I love it when you guys make ignorant characterizations of a player's character, desire on something as silly irrelevant as Springs smiling. He played a great game, he played hard and tackled well, yet because he dared to try and be a little upbeat, you decide he doesn't care.

I have always loved Smoot. He takes losing harder than anybody and that is what we need. Hey I like Springs alot too, he has been a steal for us, but I don't think he took the loss as hard as some of the other guys. Losing is unacceptable and Smooty made that clear.

Originally posted by The Killer Bandersnatch

He played a great game, he played hard and tackled well, yet because he dared to try and be a little upbeat, you decide he doesn't care.

Exactly. I want all of our players to be so pissed every time we lose that they want to kill themselves. Anything less is a disgrace.

Originally posted by The Killer Bandersnatch

I love it when you guys make ignorant characterizations of a player's character, desire on something as silly irrelevant as Springs smiling. He played a great game, he played hard and tackled well, yet because he dared to try and be a little upbeat, you decide he doesn't care.

I don't think anybody expects a skins player to go put a .45 to his head, but how could any Skin be smiling after a loss like that. We need players who take losing as hard as we do. Are you smiling right now?

Originally posted by MadDog2020Terp

Exactly. I want all of our players to be so pissed every time we lose that they want to kill themselves. Anything less is a disgrace.

I think we all have different ways of handling things. Springs seems to try to laugh to keep from crying so to speak. You could tell he took the loss hard, when you looked in his eyes. Some people deal with this type of stuff differently. Don't get down on him. He's playing hard, if the starts to suffer then say something. But you don't know the guy, so don't assume that he's taking it lightly.

the defense played great...but one note: it seems that when there are turnovers the opposing D inevitably scores. Our D doesn't. two things going on: either our Defenseive players don't transition well to a blocking role or our offensive players don't transition well to a tackling role. either way, we are not converting our breaks into scores as they occur (unlike the teams we face).

Smoot better be locked up, I dont think we are gonna make too many free agent splurges this year compared to last offseason, maybe a D-lineman and another DB (unless Lott and Bowen continue to be solid and healthy). Probably some offensive lineman as well. As long as we keep Smoot, we wont need another CB, and Franz has played well for us, why doesnt he start over Clark? I think we should be able to hold Smoot, then we can pretty much draft anywhere really.

Sorry, I started rambling about offseason, I havent lost faith yet, I just like all the offseason news.

Archived