Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Smoot's Post Game Interview Was Great

GatorEye

Originally posted by GatorEye

Also, did you see that shot of Taylor Jacobs at the end of the game? It looked like he was about to cry. We need guys who take losing hard, not ones who care more about how they look after the game.

I saw that too.

Jacobs needs more playing time. He made a heck of a catch last night.

Originally posted by The Killer Bandersnatch

I love it when you guys make ignorant characterizations of a player's character, desire on something as silly irrelevant as Springs smiling. He played a great game, he played hard and tackled well, yet because he dared to try and be a little upbeat, you decide he doesn't care.

You have a good point.....just like the guy in your signature with the mohawk, he played his heart out and I'm willing to bet he smiled after a couple of losses.;)

Guest Gichin13

People getting on Springs need to lighten up. Face it, the guy played a great game. Different guys need to approach things differently to suceed, particularly in the face of adversity.

I once read a quote from Bill Russell. No one can even try and claim that man is not a total competitor and winner. To paraphrase, he said he could not understand why people seemed to get upset when they lost if they had played as hard as they could and played well. He said he could certainly envision being happy with his own individual performance if he played a great game and still not being enthused the team lost ... it was something along those lines.

Smoot is the type of leader that we need... Although in fairness... So is LaVar.

These two guys definitely need to be 'Skins for quite some time in my opinion...

As for Springs... We all handle things differently, to say he didn't care is crap.

All I know is I didn't hear him say in the third quarter "It's over." Like several of our so called fans did.

Did yall see that block that Smoot had on special teams Punt Return. He decleated somebody!!! I have always luved Smoot and Im glad more people are recognizing that he is a player.

As for Springs, he is a jokester. He tries to flip positive vibes even if we lose. I have no problem with that, especially if he is giving it his all like he has been doing on the field every night. He is in on every play!

Archived