Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Do we still need to draft DL?

GatorEye

I get more and more impressed by Williams defense each week. They only gave up 3 points and each week seem to play better. I know we've been clamoring to get better talent on the DL for years, but if we can play this good with the talent we have and the offense continues to struggle do we need to look at drafting someone else besides the DL early? Although I'm not sure who we could draft on offense that could help.

Man we look terrible, inept, incapable, <insert your terrible adjective here>.

This season isn't lost yet, but it certainly is close. If the defense loses it's spirit, thinking the offense can never win a game, we're done.

I'd say our D may be demoralized next week, but knowing them, they'll kick ass again next week... but then we have a bye... and then we have the return of LaVar... That should fire them back up and put us in nice position to finish out 10-0!

Draft D-Line Early in the draft, and get up some OL later. Our tackles are good, Samuels has played well and Jansen will be back. Our guards however aren't looking so hot and you can pick them up in the later rounds.

DL early, OL late. We have enough WR's.

Originally posted by panel

NO

Draft some hands,

STOP dropping the ball in our own 20 for TDs.

I don't think the dropped balls are about hands... I think it's about timing... WRs/TEs and RBs (HB) all dropped passed tonight... it's more work needed... less celabration and more concentration!!! OL need some help!!! if all the Ts are hurt Brunell will not be able to get time to pass nor can the holes open for Portis!

:2cents:

I think we have to go with a defensive end early.

Our defense has been very good and our defensive line especially stout against the run. But, a legitimate pass rusher from the edge makes this defense with THAT back seven as dominant a defense as there is in the league.

There's really no obvious need elsewhere on the defense other than a legitimate pass rushing defensive end right now.

Offensively we clearly need a right tackle, but, we will get that with Jansen returning. That gives you four spots you're pretty comfortable with and a center spot you might need to upgrade, but that won't be in the early rounds of the draft I don't believe.

If Ramsey gets playing time and fails terribly, I could see a possible itch toward going QB depending on where we pick. At this rate we'll be picking VERY high, so, we might just take best player available. But, I think a young defensive end is really the biggest thing we have to focus on in the draft.

Originally posted by Art

At this rate we'll be picking VERY high, so, we might just take best player available.

I cling to your never ending optimism. I was hoping you wouldn't say that. It sucks we unloaded our 2nd round pick, but I wonder if there is going to be a stud DE worthy of a top 5 pick.

Archived