Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

A Message For Negative Fans

skins4eva

Lyteinc--thank you for being the voice of reason, it's nice to know someone has figured out the secrets of the universe--do us a favor and take your rational non-positive thoughts out of this thread...you're not wanted here, unless you're positive, which, it clearly seems you are not

Originally posted by Lyteinc

Karma, vibes, fans effecting the outcome at football games...

Come on guys. Please make a little sense. Sure, crowds can pump up the players. But if you think so voodoo type rituals in front of the TV are going to help your football team have better success, well you're more delusional than I expected.

It's one thing to be a knowledgable, die hard, on the edge of your seat fan. It's something entirely different to think that by your sheer will you can influance the outcome of a football game, seperate or collectively.

Buzzkill.

To tell you the truth. I don't feel like we're a 1-2 team. With a break here and a break there we could be 3-0. Joe Gibb's teams are known to be slow starters. By the time October, November rolls around we will be hard to beat. I feel nothing but positive about this team, from the owner down to the water boy!

I find myself thinking negative during games...take the 1st and goal Monday night for example. Soon as Coles went out of bounds, I turned to my dad and said I wished he would have scored, cause I have seen this too many times that the 'Skins have the ball on the 1 yard line and fail to put it in and what happens....a freaking field goal!!! Thanks for helping...starting Sunday, I am going to be more positive, thinking for the best and not the worst!

Good Post.

I haven't felt this positive about this team for a long time.

Monday's game was the only game I'll probably get to go to this year, and while I was disappointed after the loss, that disappointment went away half-way through the drive home. That disappointment would have lasted much longer(days) in the past.

These last couple of games have been growing pains. Not only are the Players learning the system, but the coaches are learning the players.

I have no doubt that good things are coming.:wavetowel

Having been one of "skins4eva"'s friend for about 10 years, I can attest that it's about time that he start being a little more positive. Not only does the good karma help the team (at least by this theory) it also makes for less destruction of furniture, house pets, walls, plates, and small children.

After I lost two girlfriends to the norv years, I stopped yelling at the tv and started listening to this, I suggest putting it on repeat, you can even use it as your game soundtrack:

Gore Lesley - Sunshine, Lollipops And Rainbows

Sunshine, lollipops and rainbows,

Everything that's wonderful is what I feel when we're together,

Brighter than a lucky penny,

When you're near the rain cloud disappears, dear,

And I feel so fine just to know that you are mine.

My life is sunshine, lollipops and rainbows,

That's how this refrain goes, so come on, join in everybody!

Everything that's wonderful is sure to come your way

When you're in love to stay.

Everything that's wonderful is what I feel when we're together,

Brighter than a lucky penny,

When you're near the rain cloud disappears, dear,

And I feel so fine just to know that you are mine.

My life is sunshine, lollipops and rainbows,

That's how this refrain goes, so come on, join in everybody!

Everything that's wonderful is sure to come your way

'Cause you're in love, you're in love,

And love is here to stay!

Originally posted by iheartskins

denverdan--that sounds like a good song. What was the typical response from gfs since you've started using it to mitigate the anger during games? Also, where did you find this song? It reads like something out of Sesame Street.

You know that song "Its my party and I will cry if I want too" which has no place here, thats one of lesley gores songs as well, pm your email address and I will send it to you. What happens with the girlfriend is that it drives her crazy, thus out of the room, thus I can watch the game in peace, doesnt work so well at the bar, seems to outrage nyc fans and thats just negative and has no place here.

The sacrifices we make to ensure that our relationships succeed... I honestly don't know what's worse, the fact that we all get so angry at the occasional futility of the Skins or that to control it we need to listen to crap like "It's my party, and I'll cry if I want to." I think there's a least a little irony in that some of the Skins games from the early 90s (post SB22) have left me on the verge of tears. Too bad I didn't get to have a party.

The sacrifices we make to ensure that our relationships succeed... I honestly don't know what's worse, the fact that we all get so angry at the occasional futility of the Skins or that to control it we need to listen to crap like "It's my party, and I'll cry if I want to." I think there's a least a little irony in that some of the Skins games from the early 90s (post SB22) have left me on the verge of tears. Too bad I didn't get to have a party.

Think positive, think positive, think positive, think yippee we don't have norv.:cuss: :cry: :censored: :shot: :insane: :gus: :shutup: sorry skins4eva those memories just find a way to creep in, but thats all over now cuz its positive time:thumbsup:

iheartskins---it warms my hear, no pun intended to see you on this site, perhaps i had a hand in getting you here since i forced you to register last night somewhere between my third jameson and coke, and in the middle of bush's doe-eyed stare.

To the rest of you---this thread is making me so positive, I can barely contain it. In fact, when I left work today, i left a posted note on my computer that read: Skins 42, Browns: 3---now how's that for positive?

Having been one of "skins4eva"'s friend for about 10 years, I can attest that it's about time that he start being a little more positive. Not only does the good karma help the team (at least by this theory) it also makes for less destruction of furniture, house pets, walls, plates, and small children.

Although I have destroyed my share of funiture and plates, i have never purposefully, purposefully mind you, hurt any small children. That kid shouldn't have been up that late anyway

Archived