Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Expect nothing. Just smile.

Art

The Redskins, amped to the roof, feeding off the crowd, might have a perfect storm of a game, clicking on all phases and just demolishing the Bucs by 40. The Redskins, drained from the intensity of a hard work week and too long on the emotional edge of starting the season, under Gibbs, crushed by fan expectations get blown out of the building in a fashion similar to having Spurrier on the sidelines.

Either of these extremes to anywhere in between is what we'll see today. Unfortunately none of us really can say we know exactly how this day will go. We don't know enough about the team yet and how it's taken to Gibbs' and Williams' systems. We don't know how they respond to adversity within a game. We don't know exactly how the pieces will fall into place.

It's largely a mystery as it really is with most new staffs in new places.

Gibbs isn't known as a fast starter, being just 5-7 in opening games. His first three home openers his teams lost as well. But, you always saw the difference in his teams once the season started. Even in a dull, lifeless loss to open the year. You quickly saw the character.

Gibbs always did his best in crisis -- and crisis was always after losing a game or two.

Whatever happens today, the fact is things are finally as good as they can ever be for a Redskin fan. If we win by 40 or lose by 40, just know, things are a whole lot better now than they've been. Relax. Take it all in. Smile. We finally have something we know we can be happy about :).

:allhail:

Hail to the Redskins!

Hail Vic-tor-y!

Braves on the Warpath!

Fight for old D.C.!

Run or pass and score — we want a lot more!

Beat 'em, Swamp 'em,

Touchdown! — let the points soar!

Fight on, fight on 'til you have won

Sons of Wash-ing-ton. Rah!, Rah!, Rah!

Hail to the Redskins!

Hail Vic-tor-y!

Braves on the Warpath!

Fight for old D.C.!

:logo: :helmet:

I hoping my wife doesn't go into labor today, at least til after 4pm. She is almost 36 weeks pregnant with twin boys (future Redskins). SHe has been on bed rest for the last 16 weeks. She has been having contractions and we have taken one trip to the hospital. She has told me that she will see what she can do to not have the babies today but she can promise anything.

I am just kidding!!! ( I am recoording the game)

Archived