Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

If we keep Rock will he bulk up again

method man

I think if we keep rock, it will be mainly for goalline and 3rd and 1 or 2 duties. he was unstoppable in those roles when he weighted 240. he seems ineffective in those roles in the preseason so far. but i think we will keep him over sultan because sultan is too much like portis and morton and simon.

I am hoping Rock can bulk up to 230 by week 5 or 6 so he can be effective.

Originally posted by cphil006

ROck looked faster when he weighed more. He might have had more muscle in his legs. Why did he lose weight, he will be a short yardage back beacuse Ladell is just to fragile.

Once more, Rock lost weight because Byner told him he needed to lose weight.

Blondie

on special teams he wont be the other returner anymore. i think thrash and morton are going to be the guys returning kickoffs. big kick returners are good also. just take a look at najeh davenport. the guy is huge. he is the returner for the packers now because tacklers just bounce off him.

Originally posted by Blondie

Once more, Rock lost weight because Byner told him he needed to lose weight.

Blondie

I have been asking whether his weight loss was because he wanted to or because he was told to by the staff. Now I know. I suppose it was the fact that Gibbs puts TEs in the backfield and they figured Rock's only shot was as a tailback. They took away his WEAPONS, though. He was compacted dynamite. Now he's just a little guy. :(

Originally posted by method man

I think if we keep rock, it will be mainly for goalline and 3rd and 1 or 2 duties. he was unstoppable in those roles when he weighted 240. he seems ineffective in those roles in the preseason so far. but i think we will keep him over sultan because sultan is too much like portis and morton and simon.

I am hoping Rock can bulk up to 230 by week 5 or 6 so he can be effective.

It is very hard to dramatically change your muscle weight up or down without compromising your effectiveness. By losing 30 pounds so quickly, I think Rock may really have lost some of his strength. Anybody who has tried to add muscle knows you can't add 20 pounds in a couple of months. Rock has done everything the team asked him to do. It may be that as a runner, he doesn't fit with what the team needs at 240 pounds or 210 pounds. I think if he makes the team it will be primarily because of his great ST play.

The team working out Stacey Mack has to be a sign that the team may not be comfortable with any combination of backs that we have on the roster now.

Archived