Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Were Joe Gibbs Preseason Game this boring

fuji869

I did not watch that many preseasons the first time Joe Gibbs was the head coach because my father was stationed in Japan for a good portion of it. I heard he did not put to much emphasis on it but were the real this boering? :whoknows:

Most.

What usually happened was the Skins would run the basics and look to evaluate guys and you would see other teams try and make plays and beat Gibbs, as if the preseason wins and losses mean a damn thing :laugh:

I remember teams like Atlanta and a then-poor New England team beat the Skins and run around like they won the Super Bowl.

Come December they were watching the Skins on TV in the playoffs :D

Look at the 1982 season, we went 0-4 in preseason, then won the Superbowl. This is Joe Gibbs, he knows the preseason is to evaluate. Havinbg said that, after the game he will be very upset with the team. I think it is apparent that Martz did some regular season type of prep for this game.

I was just going to post that this was a typical Gibbs preseason game. We did nothing he'll do once the season starts. That's Gibbs to a perfect fit. I thought he might get angry at Martz running a reverse pass, but, even that won't set him off in the preseason. Trust me Fuji, after watching this game, when you see the opener, you'll wonder at how Gibbs could keep so much so secret.

Did you see the offense?

You can't get down on the team when the offense is brutally vanilla.

I don't think I've seen LESS from a team in preseason before.

The defense NEEDS to blitz to get in some packages and timing down.

Have you seen Marcus Washington blitz? Have you seen Arrington blitz at all?

No. Not at all.

If people can't ascertain that this preseason team will look nothing like the team that will open the season... I've truly got no time for them.

Art and DH are right. Tonight's game was classic Gibbs preseason. The Skins used to always get whooped in preseason, and I remember really hating preseason games back then. Gibbs just isn't going to show much in preseason.

Archived