Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

USA Vs Lithuiana

afparent

Originally posted by DUSTINMFOX

Well you should be happy...

By the way have you always rooted for the red team?;)

i'm not happy about the current state of American BB...if that's what you mean.

but it is redeemable, so long as our camps and high school and college leagues can just go back to teaching the fundamentals...instead of focusing on the newest dunk or the latest gesture, hair style or shoe product.

Originally posted by Ghost of Bilbo Stabbins

Again, if the team was all-white and 'acted white' no one would be rooting against them.

if, in "acting white", the style of game degenerated in the same way (i.e., a bunch of "me first" players that don't play as a functioning team), then the problems would be just the same, and so would my disenfranchisement.......race has nothing to do with it...the quality of the play does.

Hey Bilbo, that is bullsh!t and you know it. The NBA is a professional league (supposedly). time the American's who play in the league start showing it. I am sick and fuc*king tired of people defending the playaz in the NBA and their attitude by calling people racist. This duck style, thug skilzz menatality is coming full circle here in the Olympics and it has nothing to do with racism.

Bottom line is no team should be able to compete with American professionals if they had their mind in the right place. If you think these thugs playing for the USA have their heart in the right place then you need to check yourself.

I used to love the NBA. And sometime in the future I will again. As a matter of fact, THIS Olympic debacle might just be the thing these guys need to correct this behavior. The league and America will better off for it.

Peace.....5000 G.

Originally posted by afparent

I think most people wish the USA would win, they are just frustrated about how this "dream team" concept has become such a letdown. Players won't play, the NBA style is outdated and one thing America could always count on is our world domination in BB. The whole process stinks. The way they pick the team. it is like ok, here is a list of the 50 best NBA players and we will go down the list until 12 commit. We need to form a TEAM!! Outside shooters should be the first priority, we can always find inside men. There are many players from foreign teams who are killing us but can't make an NBA team. Something is wrong with that. We shouldn't have to depend on whether Shaq, Garnett, or Kobe is going to play. We should win anyway. Instead of using our strengths, LB is forcing the foreign style of play down their throats. I was disappointed in his rotation today. Let Carmelo play until he starts hurting us. Let Lebron play until he starts hurting us. Whoever is hot, let them play until they start hurting us. Don't take them out to make a point!

I can understand frustration. I'm frustrated too. But there is a difference between frustration or dissapointment and actively rooting against them because you are frustrated. How does that solve anything? We need to show support. They've been playing hard lately, but again, Larry Brown won't put the best players for this TEAM on the court. Instead he has Marbury and Iverson in the backcourt, two short tweener guards. Lebron, Melo, Wade, Duncan, and Odom would be a killer closing lineup. What is Brown's problem?:puke:

And I agree about the selection habits. My thing is, if the blame is ultimately on the US Selection team for not putting together a proper team of players who gel well together(I think they are gelling better of late though) then why are we blaming the players? It's not their fault that 6 of them have the same game and they were all picked. You want them to turn it down?

I don't believe the international game has caught up with us yet. We're losing because this is a poorly constructed team and our coach has no clue on who to use on the team to take advantage of our strengths. Lithuania has shooters and one shot blocker. That's it! We're better than them, but the lineups on the floor do not promote cohesion because they do not fit well together.:doh:

Originally posted by portisbowwow

Hey Bilbo, that is bullsh!t and you know it. The NBA is a professional league (supposedly). time the American's who play in the league start showing it. I am sick and fuc*king tired of people defending the playaz in the NBA and their attitude by calling people racist. This duck style, thug skilzz menatality is coming full circle here in the Olympics and it has nothing to do with racism.

Bottom line is no team should be able to compete with American professionals if they had their mind in the right place. If you think these thugs playing for the USA have their heart in the right place then you need to check yourself.

I used to love the NBA. And sometime in the future I will again. As a matter of fact, THIS Olympic debacle might just be the thing these guys need to correct this behavior. The league and America will better off for it.

Peace.....5000 G.

If you have several players who's game closely resembles each other and you throw them all out on the court together with no one to complement them do you expect them to walk all over the competetion? No! They will struggle, that is what we are seeing here. Not thug play. Not everyone can shoot a jumpshot, I'll admit some of these players should be better shooters, but that's beside the point right now. The USA selection committee should have selected more shooters instead of all these slashers. That is LeBron, Jefferson, Marion, Marbury, Iverson, and Wade's games! They drive to the hoop and create for other players. Well, if that's all their games, who they creating for? They're just driving in and kicking it out only to drive back in again. Because that is their game! There are no shooters for them to create for, and they are not great shooters themselves. That is the flaw of this Team.

Peace.....5000 G.

Again, you are accusing players who aren't even thugs or gangsters. Let's go down the roster.

Marion?Thug?

Duncan? lol

Wade? Good kid, passes well, defends well, ONLY has to work on his shot and being a bit more in control--most young players do

Lebron James? Good kid

Melo?He's been a problem with his attitude, but he CAN play much better. You have a point on him, if you wish

Iverson--Uh, he played well. The guy is a good player and he plays balls out.

Marbury---closer to what you're talking about and looks lost out there. Of course, if Brown took him out, maybe the US WINS?!

Amare Stoudemire--what did he do wrong?

Lamar Odom--smoked weed but does all the little things and is a good passer and not a "bad guy" and doesn't play 'thug ball' whatever that is.

Richard Jefferson--more of a slasher, but he CAN shoot. Finally, he started hitting today. But RJ is a good guy.

Boozer--OK, lacked character on that FA deal with Utah--BUT plays hard and hustles and can score inside--what's 'thug' about that.

Do you realize the US would win had BROWN, BROWN--selected Michael Redd and lobbied for him? Do you realize our YOUNG guys like Boozer, Wade, LJ, etc are the BEST HOPE For us to win(and the one 'gangsta' Iverson! lol

These young guys are playing their hearts out, why are you so hateful towards them?

I went through the list--you can only locate one, maybe two guys that fit what you're talking about. The rest are young and inexperienced and now they have a mental block with the shooting.

OH, by the way--our young players still win championships in world tournaments. If the US is so terrible, shouldn't the young players be doing worse than they once did?

Yes, blame it on the coach. The players who are on the court have nothing to do with the outcome of the game.....:rolleyes:

I don't know where you were, but we freaking played hard this game. While you probably were too busy buying Lithuania memorablia from Ebay you probably didn't notice that with a certain lineup we were out in front. And then for some inexplicable reason Brown went back to the same starting five that was struggling in the first QTR and has been struggling all Olympics and Pre-Olympics. You said it yourself, Basketball is a TEAM. To play as a team you must put a TEAM on the floor that is COMPATIBLE with each other. Our current starting lineup is NOT. Why is that so hard to understand?

If I'm a good power forward, Henry is a good shooter, Jbooma is a slasher, Ghost is a slasher, Tarhog is a slasher, Die Hard is a slaher, and you put Me, Booma, Ghost, Tarhog and Diehard on the floor together, then how do you think we're going to play? WE ARE GOING TO STRUGGLE. That is what's happening.

Everyone say this in unison with me.........

IF YOU PLAY IN THE NBA.

YOU SHOULD BE ABLE TO...... (follow along children)

MAKE A JUMP SHOT.

Point blank. Otherwise, admit it, these guys are not professionals.

I go back to my original point.

GO BACK TO THE NBA AND ROLE MODEL FOR THE NEXT GENERATION OF STREET THUG STYLE BBALL

BOYZZZZZZ.

Originally posted by Ghost of Bilbo Stabbins

Hey, the US should have won gold in Gymnastics--they choked. Where are the women's gymnastics haters?

They actually sent the best the country had to offer. And one of them, Courtney Kupets, competed despite an injury and managed to contribute to their shameless silver medal.

Iverson is playing with an injured thumb. Many here have given him credit for that. Plenty of people here have voiced support for 'Melo & LeBron to get more playing time. I think everyone here loves Tim Duncan.

It's not a race thing, it's a fundementally sound baseketball thing. There's not enough of it on this team. At some point, the US had to realize that the infusion of NBA players would cause the rest of the world to work to raise their game to our level. It's happening now and people are pissed not because we're losing, but the manner in which we're losing. A manner in which we threw down the gauntlet to the rest of the world in '92, and now we show up without the full arsenal...

Jer

Originally posted by steveskins

I don't know where you were, but we freaking played hard this game. While you probably were too busy buying Lithuania memorablia from Ebay you probably didn't notice that with a certain lineup we were out in front. And then for some inexplicable reason Brown went back to the same starting five that was struggling in the first QTR and has been struggling all Olympics and Pre-Olympics. You said it yourself, Basketball is a TEAM. To play as a team you must put a TEAM on the floor that is COMPATIBLE with each other. Our current starting lineup is NOT. Why is that so hard to understand?

If I'm a good power forward, Henry is a good shooter, Jbooma is a slasher, Ghost is a slasher, Tarhog is a slasher, Die Hard is a slaher, and you put Me, Booma, Ghost, Tarhog and Diehard on the floor together, then how do you think we're going to play? WE ARE GOING TO STRUGGLE. That is what's happening.

Dude, what struggle with a 10-15 foot jump shot? Get off Brown's a$$ and call it like it is. These guys are MARKETING FOR THE NBA. Nothing more or less. They are proping up a shi**y professional league by selling shoes and rap songs. Eff that!

Dude, what struggle with a 10-15 foot jump shot? Get off Brown's a$$ and call it like it is. These guys are MARKETING FOR THE NBA. Nothing more or less. They are proping up a shi**y professional league by selling shoes and rap songs. Eff that!

:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

The only person in the NBA who I can remember who ever had a record deal to record raps was Shaq.:rolleyes:

You have no logical explanation for your arguments besides your mindless phobia of hip hop and the current state of the NBA game. If you hate it so much get out of the thread and act like it doesn't exist. I'm not claiming its perfect, but I'm also not going to pin it all on the players when we would have won if Lebron had been put on the PG with his parimeter defense.

Like others I've seen, you've taken the bad of hip hop(How that's connected to the game of basketball you've yet to explain), the bad of basketball, the bad of players and multiplied x10000 to make it seem like it is the norm. Yes, players should be able to shoot better, and yes, some should be more fundamentally sound, but we do still have the best players in the world. Most just did not choose to come. But even with our current team, we should be winning, but we aren't. I think it is a cop out to blame the players basketball skills on our losing, when the problem is the Coaching, The way the players are PLAYING sometimes, and the current Roster full of players who do not compliment each other.

Were are the likes of Jordan, Magic, Jabbar............ Man, I am not going to continue on this list. This sucks.

This league was at the top of the world 10 years ago. I LOVE good basketball. I hate this product that we call the NBA is producing right now. I have not been able to watch the NBA for years now. Playaz like Iverson are the reason why this league has the reputation it has now.

Again, for emphasis, I LOVE BASKETBALL. What is going on in the NBA for years, and now in the Olympics, is not American professional basketball.

Everyone say this in unison with me.........

IF YOU PLAY IN THE NBA.

YOU SHOULD BE ABLE TO...... (follow along children)

MAKE A JUMP SHOT.

Point blank. Otherwise, admit it, these guys are not professionals.

I go back to my original point.

GO BACK TO THE NBA AND ROLE MODEL FOR THE NEXT GENERATION OF STREET THUG STYLE BBALL

BOYZZZZZZ.

You also? Tell us how you really feel....

thug ( P ) Pronunciation Key (thg)

n.

A cutthroat or ruffian; a hoodlum.

How does this apply? Just because they don't listen to your music, or they're all "bling ,bling" out?.....

What about Gibbs? Because he drives an Escalade sittin' on 22's we shouldn't root for the Skins either?

Originally posted by steveskins

:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

The only person in the NBA who I can remember who ever had a record deal to record raps was Shaq.:rolleyes:

You have no logical explanation for your arguments besides your mindless phobia of hip hop and the current state of the NBA game. If you hate it so much get out of the thread and act like it doesn't exist. I'm not claiming its perfect, but I'm also not going to pin it all on the players when we would have won if Lebron had been put on the PG with his parimeter defense.

Like others I've seen, you've taken the bad of hip hop(How that's connected to the game of basketball you've yet to explain), the bad of basketball, the bad of players and multiplied x10000 to make it seem like it is the norm. Yes, players should be able to shoot better, and yes, some should be more fundamentally sound, but we do still have the best players in the world. Most just did not choose to come. But even with our current team, we should be winning, but we aren't. I think it is a cop out to blame the players basketball skills on our losing, when the problem is the Coaching, The way the players are PLAYING sometimes, and the current Roster full of players who do not compliment each other.

You ever hear Iverson Rap? BOYZZZZ? Ever see his posse follow him around town. Look, he is just one example.

HIppety Hop Hop. Just because they don't "rap"? They still represent the thug mentality that exist today among out youth. Shall we talk about role models in the NBA?

Were are the likes of Jordan, Magic, Jabbar............ Man, I am not going to continue on this list. This sucks.

This league was at the top of the world 10 years ago. I LOVE good basketball. I hate this product that we call the NBA is producing right now. I have not been able to watch the NBA for years now. Playaz like Iverson are the reason why this league has the reputation it has now.

Again, for emphasis, I LOVE BASKETBALL. What is going on in the NBA for years, and now in the Olympics, is not American professional basketball.

Iverson, when not taking mass volume of shots like he does in Philly, is not a bad player. I think fundamentals is only part of the problem. 10 years ago there was more TALENT in the league, when you expand like the NFL, NHL, or NBA you will water down your talent pool and stretch teams thinner, thus making players look worse because they have to compensate for their teammates lack of skill.

You ever hear Iverson Rap? BOYZZZZ? Ever see his posse follow him around town. Look, he is just one example.

HIppety Hop Hop. Just because they don't "rap"? They still represent the thug mentality that exist today among out youth. Shall we talk about role models in the NBA?

I fail to see what Iverson's lifestyle has to do with his basketball skills.

IMO the golden age of BB and sports in general were the 80s. As great and confident as they were, they knew the importance of the team game. Remember, you were not defined as great unless you made the players around you better. How many times have we heard stories about how hard and long, Magic, Michael and Larry worked and practice. I never heard the saying 'work ethic" until those athletes came around. And you don't hear it today when talking about todays athletes. I like what Barkley says, don't compare Kobe to Michael, the 80s Celtics would beat today's Lakers, etc. The players in the 80s worked hard and knew the importance of team ball. In general, Today's players are in it for the money.

Lil Bow Wow, right?

What exactly is this thug mentality in today's youth? Does is scare you to think of your own children listening to rap music? Were there not thugs in the 60's or 70's....Personall,y I would rather my son or daughter go to a basketball game w/these so called thugs; then go see Woodstock

Originally posted by DUSTINMFOX

You also? Tell us how you really feel....

thug ( P ) Pronunciation Key (thg)

n.

A cutthroat or ruffian; a hoodlum.

How does this apply? Just because they don't listen to your music, or they're all "bling ,bling" out?.....

What about Gibbs? Because he drives an Escalade sittin' on 22's we shouldn't root for the Skins either?

Dustin, in case you were not aware, I am EXTREMELY opinionated on this topic. In fact, you could say that I was a NBA fan before I was an NFL fan.

But before I continue my conversation with you.... are you calling me racist?

I find it ironic that Portis Bow Wow...

1. Lays all the blame on the players and their game with no fundamentals because they don't know about TEAM. But at the same time, refuses to blame Coach Brown for not putting a cohesive TEAM out on the floor with the talent he HAS. We can complain all we want about the state of US Basketball, but our team has the talent to win gold if the right players were put on the floor.

2. Is a fan of Clinton Portis, who's into all that "hip hop thug rap culture":laugh:

3. Portis Bow Wow sounds like some bad hip hop rap name.

Originally posted by afparent

IMO the golden age of BB and sports in general were the 80s. As great and confident as they were, they knew the importance of the team game. Remember, you were not defined as great unless you made the players around you better. How many times have we heard stories about how hard and long, Magic, Michael and Larry worked and practice. I never heard the saying 'work ethic" until those athletes came around. And you don't hear it today when talking about todays athletes. I like what Barkley says, don't compare Kobe to Michael, the 80s Celtics would beat today's Lakers, etc. The players in the 80s worked hard and knew the importance of team ball. In general, Today's players are in it for the money.

I agree...It's hard to know how hard players today practice. I can't imagine guys like Kobe and Mcgrady got as good as they are if they were not practicing hard.

Dustin, in case you were not aware, I am EXTREMELY opinionated on this topic. In fact, you could say that I was a NBA fan before I was an NFL fan.

But before I continue my conversation with you.... are you calling me racist?

Did I call you a racist? If the answers no, why would you be worried?

Those who fear no truths, have no lies....

You really can't blame anyone person or thing for the failure of this team. Everyone involved has something to do with its mediocrity. The players can't shoot, the coaches are not putting in the best lineup, and the organizers did not select the right players for this team.

Everyone has basically made a mistake in this ordeal and the results have shown that. This is a good learning experience that will hopefully change the way the team is constructed in the future.

Archived