Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

USA Vs Lithuiana

afparent

I hate to say this but I don't think the USA can play any better. That was their best game by far and they lost. I am not sure if we can win the Gold. Since we can't shoot, Larry Brown might want to start playing the hot hand. Differnt player each game.

That's it, USA loses. I gotta say I actually feel sorry for some of the guys on that are on the olympic team. They're gonna recieve the majority of the ridicule, when it really should be directed at the guys who backed out of going like shaq, garnett, t-mac, etc.

Originally posted by PiLfan

Go Lithuania!

:high:

eh, i just can't bring myself to root for these prima donnas, what with their tattoos and gangsta rap and their complete inability to shoot a jumper.

bring back the college players...they may lose, but at least they'd want to be there, and not treat the games like just another exotic summer camp.

Isn't this what you said earlier...if not I'm sorry

This is the kind a horsh!t that caused me to stop watching the gangsta NBA years ago. What a looser league. I mean, lets bring some ignorant street thugs out of high school (or college if you think they are actually getting anything out of it besides pu$$y), give them millions of dollars(in the meanwhile destroying any will to excel and desire actually earn the effing money) and let them go dunk style. Yea, makes me wanna spend 50 dollars to see that. Real nice.

Jordan, Magic, Kareem, Parish, and many other 70's-80's ball players DEFINED team basketball. I loved them for their ability to elevate a sport to monumental proportions.

Now we have effing Iverson ("we're talking about practice?") leading a bunch of ego tripped wads who are probably high or hung over while getting their poles waxed at the Olympics. All this instead of practicing and going to work for the pride of our country.

I say to every player except Jefferson and Duncan

GO TO HELL.

to me that means GO BACK TO THE NBA. AND GO ROLE MODEL FOR THE NEXT GENERATION OF BBALL PLAYAZ.

BOYZZZZZZ.

FUC* EM.

Originally posted by DUSTINMFOX

What i said before....

you're ignoring the point i was making and instead trying to play "race", and i'm not going to bite.

bottom line, i don't respect a game where it's more about the individual than it is about the team.

i don't care who's playing it or what their skin color is....but it's when attitude and image become bigger than the principals and fundamentals of the game itself that it starts to lose my interest.

Originally posted by afparent

I hate to say this but I don't think the USA can play any better. That was their best game by far and they lost. I am not sure if we can win the Gold. Since we can't shoot, Larry Brown might want to start playing the hot hand. Differnt player each game.

Agreed...I though they played well and with good effort

Guest 979guy
Originally posted by Zen-like Todd

Yeah, Maccabi Tel-Aviv. Happy now? I'm not. ;)

Actually not really. They're kind of like the Cowboys to me. I wish the NBA would grab him, but I think he lacks the D, any D.

Still, I don't think he won the game. Rather it was Larry Brown losing it. Shooting a ton of bricks from the outside instead of weraing them down from within.

Originally posted by miragv

GO SARUNAS!

Do you live in America? Are you Lithuanian?

I doubt it.

Leave if you do.

This team lost for a couple reasons:

1) Larry Brown is a traitor. Where was Lebron in the second half? Why did Marbury get left in for so long when he was GARBAGE on both ends of the floor?

2)Stephon Marbury--I don't blame him for having the courage to take a shot, but he should have pulled himself out of the game.

3) AGAIN--Where was Wade, Lebron or even Amare to get the team running? LB is a terrible substitutiing coach and I don't even see how his Xs and Os are so stellar at this juncture.

4) Officiating--jesus, the US gets called for touch fouls and when Stombergas jumps into an American, but the Lithuanians play like a prison squad and they get called for???

Do they call moving screens in international ball?

5) Jasikevicus(or whatever) and his getting hot. Of course, it seems that some of these international teams are more like college, relying on threes but not playing the rest of the game well. The Lithuanians, minus a couple players, are poor passers, poor defenders and poor rebounders.

Team USA basketball sucks. This is what u get when you got a bunch of guys that are not experienced together and are very young. Watching them play reminds me of watching freaking street ballers play. All they are doing is passing the ball around the outside and nobody is taking shots all of these are not even contested they all standing down in the box guarding duncan while our guards can't make the open shots. freaking pathetic game. would be nice if they could make free throws too.

PiLFan

These guys WANT to be there, they played with effort and heart.

The officiating was terrible, and Larry Brown can't coach his way out of wet tissue.

It has nothing to do with "gangsta ballas" or "primadonnas." And one of the only "gangstas" on the team is someone played with heart and effort and is a great player---Iverson.

Originally posted by Ghost of Bilbo Stabbins

PiLFan

The officiating was terrible, and Larry Brown can't coach his way out of wet tissue.

It has nothing to do with "gangsta ballas" or "primadonnas." And one of the only "gangstas" on the team is someone played with heart and effort and is a great player---Iverson.

Agree, don't blame the guys who are there, many of them shouldn't be there, but the guys who should be there are either too lazy or too scared to go over there and represent us. The guys over there trying to represent us have my respect. The guys who should be there but aren't, I have nothing but disdain for them.

Originally posted by skinsfan83

Team USA basketball sucks. This is what u get when you got a bunch of guys that are not experienced together and are very young. Watching them play reminds me of watching freaking street ballers play. All they are doing is passing the ball around the outside and nobody is taking shots all of these are not even contested they all standing down in the box guarding duncan while our guards can't make the open shots. freaking pathetic game. would be nice if they could make free throws too.

It doesn't suck. RJ hit his threes, the team actually hit shots.

The problem is this:

Larry Brown refuses to go with lineups that work, or play Lebron James. Instead he plays Marbury all game, damn near, which is probably why we lost.

The officiating puts the US at a -10 pt differential every game, in terms of its influence.

Larry Brown refuses to go with what works(Lebron and running it, Marbury is not pushing the ball) And if a team gets 25-40 points off three pointers, it's very hard to make that up with SOLID OVERALL basketball play. The fact is, many of these European teams can't actually play level with their opponents, it's just trying to hit threes. They can't rebound, they aren't good man defenders, they aren't even good passers.

Anyone watching(or listening, as I did) to the game realizes that.

BTW, Larry Brown picked Okafor over MICHAEL REDD.

Michael Redd plays in this Olympics, we get the gold---period.

Originally posted by Ghost of Bilbo Stabbins

PiLFan

Very well, i respect that. There was more effort today than what I saw against Puerto Rico, where it looked like they showed up just expecting to kick ass or for the opponent to roll over (i think most people expected that actually...but the players can't, and that's what really bugged me).

it just pains me to see this team (try to) shoot jumpers and free throws.

i'm not sure if the guys who sat out would've done much better, because the international game focuses on shooting ability, and that aspect of the American game has been deteriorating over the past decade. I heard on espn radio the other day where the percentage of successful free throws in college has gone down 15-20% since 1994. just atrocious.

The only games the USA deserved ridicule for were the first two, and they won one of them. The last few games they have been playing with effort and making a geniune effort to play the right way. Their main weakness has betrayed them unfortunantly, and that is their lack of shooting.

But Larry Brown..Where was Lebron James?? This guy has been the spark plug the last few games and when we NEED him to lock down their PG he's sitting on the bench! Give me a break. Also, Carmelo would have had a better shot at hitting some of those open jump shots, but no, you go with our starting five when it is OBVIOUS they do not mesh well together.

Ugh.

Also, if you guys really want College players go ahead, we'll get our butts kicked even more. Do you know why NBA players lack some of the basic fundamentals? It is because they are not learning them at the AAU and COLLEGE levels.The only High School player on this team is LeBron James. The rest came from college. I don't see college players as being all that much more fundamentally sound than NBA players. The advantage in college basketball is they have not been tainted by the money yet. But there is still a lack of fundamentals in US basketball at ALL levels. So give me a break with that.

Stop calling this the dream team, because with the exception of Duncan, there are no bonafied proven superstars who have led their team to a title. This is a young team that is inexperienced both internationally and NATIONALLY. You can expect them to make mistakes. Our athleticism and inside game is suprerior to all international competetion, but our achilees heel is our jump shot. That blame falls on the USA selection comittee for not getting us a PG who could shoot instead of Marbury, and a SG like Michael Redd or Wally Z instead of Marion or Okafor.

i'm not sure if the guys who sat out would've done much better.

It would have been much better. I doubt we would have lost with our qualifying team. That team had McGrady, Kidd, Bibby, Duncan,etc..I don't think Bibby or Kidd would have allowed us to lose. This team is lacking a leader who is able to take over the game. Like a McGrady or Kobe, who can make things easier for Duncan.

you're ignoring the point i was making and instead trying to play "race", and i'm not going to bite.

bottom line, i don't respect a game where it's more about the individual than it is about the team.

i don't care who's playing it or what their skin color is....but it's when attitude and image become bigger than the principals and fundamentals of the game itself that it starts to lose my interest.

Well you should be happy...

By the way have you always rooted for the red team?;)

If we start winning I don't want to see any of you who are rooting against us all of a sudden flipping a 180 and saying finally and all that crap. You better be consistent and post here saying how dissapointed and mad you are that we won Gold, Silver, Or Bronze. No bandwagoning. I applaud anyone who's cheering for Team USA through the good and bad.

Again, if the team was all-white and 'acted white' no one would be rooting against them.

Hey, the US should have won gold in Gymnastics--they choked. Where are the women's gymnastics haters?

And the thing that's hilarious is you hear "street ball" and "thugs" you know what that's code word for. And Lebron is a better passer than just about anyone on the floor(from EITHER TEAM) and yet he comes straight out of HS.

Lithuania wasn't even a great passing team or rebounding or defensively. They can shoot the three really well and have some decently-skilled big men. That's it.

Originally posted by steveskins

If we start winning I don't want to see any of you who are rooting against us all of a sudden flipping a 180 and saying finally and all that crap. You better be consistent and post here saying how dissapointed and mad you are that we won Gold, Silver, Or Bronze. No bandwagoning. I applaud anyone who's cheering for Team USA through the good and bad.

I think most people wish the USA would win, they are just frustrated about how this "dream team" concept has become such a letdown. Players won't play, the NBA style is outdated and one thing America could always count on is our world domination in BB. The whole process stinks. The way they pick the team. it is like ok, here is a list of the 50 best NBA players and we will go down the list until 12 commit. We need to form a TEAM!! Outside shooters should be the first priority, we can always find inside men. There are many players from foreign teams who are killing us but can't make an NBA team. Something is wrong with that. We shouldn't have to depend on whether Shaq, Garnett, or Kobe is going to play. We should win anyway. Instead of using our strengths, LB is forcing the foreign style of play down their throats. I was disappointed in his rotation today. Let Carmelo play until he starts hurting us. Let Lebron play until he starts hurting us. Whoever is hot, let them play until they start hurting us. Don't take them out to make a point!

Archived