Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

DOC WALKER INTERVIEW: TRAINING CAMP - PART II

Blade

Couple of things that stood out to me:

-- Regarding his pre-camp talk with the team: Doc noted it was fun because he could be "more physical in his dialogue," due to this being a talk before players in a physical sport, as opposed to the oxford-shirt crowd at IBM. Kind of a cool mental image there, no? :)

-- On the vanilla approach to preseason games: no, the Redskins won't show stuff in preseason games, but ... "they’ll work on it in practice ... and then show it to Tampa." Wish the text could convey Doc's tone when he said that. Carried a pretty clear sense of something wicked this way coming.

-- On Quincy and the Boys: don't know about anyone else, but I thought this was priceless: "But it’s going to be a great opportunity for the baseball player, Drew Henson ... so hey, congratulations Drew."

-- When I asked him about the afternoon radio show after his, I wasn't really trying to get him to rag on Czaban, Pollin and Bram. That would be undignified. ;)

Loved his no-frills answer though: "Entertainment, man. Entertainment."

-- And bottom line ... no real question as to Doc's position on what would constitute a "successful campaign," is there? I almost followed up to try to get him to qualify that, i.e., maybe suggesting that finishing the year on a big upswing and playing solid, consistent football---and maybe missing the wildcard by a game---would be a great harbinger for 2005 ... but "let me repeat myself: win the division, get to the playoffs. That’s got to be your goal. Period." didn't leave a whole lot of wiggle room.

Gotta love it.

thanks for a great read OM, i really look forward to reading your stuff.

the part where DW said " let me repeat myself ; win the division, get to the playoffs. thats got to be your goal Period." sent a chill through me . he's absolutely right . if you don't believe you can do that ,then you never will . we all know that if you want something in life and you want it bad enough. set a goal !! believe you can do it !!! then most likely that goal then becomes a reality . HTTR :point2sky :cheers:

:ravensuck :dallasuck :gaintsuck :eaglesuck

Archived