Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Williams Defense.

FuriousD

1. I like it! The pressure seemed relentless.

2. I don't like it!! Shanahan used miss-direction to slice and dice his way for big chunks of yardage early.

3. Will the real Lavar please stand up? He got stood up by the fullback and made no effort to stop Griffen on his second big run of the second series. Weak!

4. The starting defense created GOOD pressure up front it seemed on early on. Washington made his presence felt.

5. Sean TAYLOOOOR!!!:laugh:

it had its mistakes, too much blitzing allowed those big runs. However, it put pressure, and I missed not seeing that for a while. The secondary looked pretty awesome out there, and no matter what the rules are, we are still gonna have to rely on them until we tune up the push up front. I was impressed overall.

I saw everything but the first 5 minutes. Taylor really impressed me. However thus far, as I've thought, the ways of getting pressure have been through blitzing. And not the line alone. And today, it worked pretty well. Run defense. Pretty good, I guess. They had some nice stops, but the other half of the time, they gave up some important runs to. I guess to some it up, it was somewhat inconsistant. But its only preseason. I'm an eagles fan btw.

Oh yeah. Final perspective. It was a fun game to watch. First football since the superbowl.

All I have to say is Taylor is huge. He was way biger then that little reciver when he picked the ballk off in the end zone. I just hope he plays like that during the regular season. I like the Blitzing, but I hate wheh they make a bunch of 10-15 yeard runs. That scares me....the next one might be going to the house. Overall I like it...I like it a lot!!

Originally posted by wiggyman77

those roll out bootlegs are designed for blitzes and they worked exactly as planned... they got us with those too many times

psssssht, these were elementary blitzes despite what madden's analysis was... we're gonna disguise the blitz like never before once the regular season rolls out...

For just being a week into camp I thought our D did a decent job. However, the one thing that worries me is that Denver's OL looked pretty lame. They are really going to miss Gibbs' coaching their OL. Therefore, I don't think you can read too much into the pass rush pressure we were able to apply in this game.

From what I saw, I was more disappointed in the play of the special teams.

I agree Yusuf! I expected to see some improvement there tonight but didn't. A little too early to get overly concerned but it wasn't good.

Also, I thought that Washington did a great job for the series that he played. He is quick and a sure tackler. Just what the doctor ordered IMO.

Archived