Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

David Aldridge gone from ESPN

Skinned

I liked David Aldridge, but Steven Smith exploded this year as far as time on the TV. I believe Ric Bucher writes for ESPN magazine and shows up sometimes on ESPN. Steven Smith is real hot right now. They both have totally different styles but provide the same info.

Typical ESPN, feeding the hype machine. Screamin' A is hot right now, but behind all of his screaming is not much substance. Aldridge is a fantastic writer. Maybe he'll come back to the post.

Is ESPN any better than MTV these days?

I liked Aldridge, but I can't say I'm gonna miss him.

And, how can you not like Steven A. Smith. As far as entertainment goes, he is the best basketball analyst on TV, except for Charles Barkley of course. How can you not love his cracks on Rasho Nesterovic, and Michael Olowakandi, among others?

I hate to break it to all of you but Steven A. didn't replace Aldrige. There was a rumor saying DA wanted to go back to writing in newspapers. I think it was his decision more then ESPN, and he was one of the best writers ESPN has as well. Steven A doesn't write for ESPN just talks :laugh:

Originally posted by jbooma

I hate to break it to all of you but Steven A. didn't replace Aldrige. There was a rumor saying DA wanted to go back to writing in newspapers. I think it was his decision more then ESPN, and he was one of the best writers ESPN has as well. Steven A doesn't write for ESPN just talks :laugh:

Then why is he rumored to possibly be joining TNT's NBA coverage? Is it just media speculation?

Archived