Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

MADDEN NFL FOOTBALL 2005 or ESPN FOOTBALL 2K5?

rockANDallstar

MADDEN NFL FOOTBALL 2005 or ESPN FOOTBALL 2K5?

Which do you think will be the best overall?

Also, If you had the choice to get Madden 2005 for XBOX or PS2, which one would you get it for? PS2 for me personally.

If you had the choice to get ESPN 2K5 for XBOX or PS2, which one would you get it for? XBOX for me personally.

I've been solidly in Madden's corner for quite a few years now and for the first time I'm kind of more excited to see what the ESPN game has to offer. It would appear at least that they've addressed some of the gameplay mechanics issues that I've had w/ the game and added a ton of offseason stuff. I'll check out ESPN at the very least this year, who can't for $20. That said I've had the Madden collector's edition pre-ordered for over a month now :D

Why wait. The superior game comes out tomorrow and it's only 20 bucks.

http://reviews.teamxbox.com/xbox/766/ESPN-NFL-2005/p1

The Bottom Line

Price aside, ESPN NFL 2K5 may be the best NFL football game on the market even after Madden is released. I have a feeling that there will still be the die-hard Madden fans who in the back of their mind are wondering what it’s like playing ESPN online, and there will now be a legion of ESPN gamers wondering what Madden is like via Live. To take the sting out of EA’s announcement, ESPN Videogames decided to set the MSRP of ESPN NFL 2K5 at $19.99!!!! Uh, be prepared for the locusts and widespread panic, because the end of the world may be drawing near. I don’t think many gamers are concerned if Sega/ESPN Videogames is using NFL 2K5 as a lost-leader or not, and neither are we. Colin McRae 04 has finally been ousted as my bargain title of the century; with gameplay, graphics, and online functionality this good, and a ludicrous price tag, NFL 2K5 may become the armchair QB’s only choice for Xbox football.

Archived