Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

I just got Directv

Dallsux

No, you did not waste your money. I only had that happen one time last year with Direct TV and the Sunday Ticket. Even then, I only missed something like 10 mintes (real time, not game time) of the Skins. I have already reordered for this year.

Last year was excellent. We may have stunk as a team but I got to see it all for the first time since the 84 season (my last at home before leaving for college). With a real coach this year the expense of Sunday Ticket was a drop in the bucket. :)

Originally posted by KBNJ

Wow...I didn't even know that "issue" existed. What a buzz-kill! Did I waste my money?

Definately not a waste...but just make sure you put up a stink with DircTV if you miss any of the games you want to see.

They have the ability to show any game that the local stations have not switched too. It is not ideal to have to switch between channels for one damn game, but it is better than not seeing a 1st quarter of the game you are most interested in.

This is all because of the NFL making local advertisers happy and not caring about the fan.

What worries me this year is because of Gibbs return, we will likely be on local TV more, which means a higher risk of missing some of the games.

It just makes no sense to me why DirecTV would want to remind me everytime that the game I want to see is on local stations. I would just prefer the better feed from Ticket (my locals are really compressed) and not bother with what is on local stations. Now each week I watch a local broadcast, I wonder if I am getting enough out of the price of ticket.

Sorry to be a buzzkill...this just pisses me off.

Originally posted by MikeB

Only DirectTV has The Ticket... access to all the NFL games during the season. I believe they have exclusive access with a negotiated contract for the next several years... In other words, you won't be seeing NFL on Dish anytime soon, if ever.

Unfortunately this is not true. With NFL direct ticket you do not get preseason games or any playoff games. There are blackout rules in effect during the season if you live in an NFL city too. The existing contract runs thru 2007 with DTV & the NFL.

Originally posted by Kilmer

I hope they fix this issue...

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2003/writers/dr_z/11/12/insider/index.html

So for you new Ticket fans, you need to be aware of what games your local affiliates are showing.

I TiVoed the wrong channel on one game while I was gone last year because I was not aware of "Brown Outs". And I missed the beginning of 2 other Redskin games because of long running 1pm games.

Still, the only way for me to see the Skins every week. But it was very frustrating last year when it happened.

They started that last year. If it is shown locally it won't be on the ticket channels. Which kinda sucks. But it is still well worth getting. When you have alot of friends of different teams it gets a little sticky.

Originally posted by ntotoro

Ehh... whattya' gonna' do... I may switch, anyway, just for NFL Sunday Ticket. My lady is a Bills fan and the only other outlet for her is to go to Jimmy's in Herndon so she can get her Bills fix. I'd rather stay home... :laugh:

Nick

The Bills? Ouch!:cheers:

direct tv is awesome. I just bought a house and move in on the 22nd...

the sunday ticket will without a doubt my FIRST home purchase.

probably before i buy food, or anything else. I have had it before, and it is

awesome. I m in NC, and its all carolina here now, used to be skins country,

thank the lord for direct tv, and yes they are EXCLUSIVE nfl carries...

Originally posted by Mittens

DIRECTV is good stuff. I just ordered my Sunday Ticket, now all I gotta do is count the days.

tick...

tock...

tick...

...tock...

...tick...

... ...tock... ...

... ...tick... ...

... ... ...tock... ... ...

:laugh: :laugh: :cool:

Originally posted by Blondie

Direct TV is the only saving grace living here in Boys Land.

Seeing the Tuna EVERY SINGLE DAY during the season is almost more than one person can take.

Blondie

:laugh: :cheers: :laugh:

:wewantd: :dallasuck :dallasuck :dallasuck :wewantd: :dallasuck :dallasuck :dallasuck :wewantd:

That's a given. I want to get one HD setup, then shove her in the other room with the "normal" TV... ;)

I don't mind Jimmy's at all, except I don't want to go just to watch Buffalo, you know what I mean? I actually go there occasionally on Wednesdays for open mic night. Laura went to UB and I think Jimmy's Father was a Professor there. Actually, she's in the latest alumni newletter in a pic taken there last Fall when Scott Norwood was there.

Just got back from Western New York this weekend... all I heard was Bills this, Buffalo that... :doh:

:logo: :helmet:

There, I feel better now... :cheers:

Nick

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

"Unfortunately this is not true. With NFL direct ticket you do not get preseason games or any playoff games."

Every playoff game is televised nationally so it doesn't matter. And if you have the ticket that means you have direct tv which means you have the NFL Network. And the NFL Network, my friends, is televising every preseason game this year.

Just be careful if you have had a drink or two and you're out late. The Herndon Police have arrested more than a few people for walking outside drunk from the place.

Nick

Tell me about it. I was walking down a street once & I got stopped by 5 Herndon cops one night. Of course, I was drunk...at 2am...walking around a neighborhood...aimlessly...with some friends...when I was 16....Ok, bad example. They did actually come to my house one night because they were called about us having a party when there was no one home. We showed up as they were about to leave. We walk up & the cop asks if we were having a party. We were just coming back from the grocery store. What an idiot.

Originally posted by Hooper

"Unfortunately this is not true. With NFL direct ticket you do not get preseason games or any playoff games."

And the NFL Network, my friends, is televising every preseason game this year.

Are you positive about this statement?

Originally posted by Hooper

Every playoff game is televised nationally so it doesn't matter. And if you have the ticket that means you have direct tv which means you have the NFL Network. And the NFL Network, my friends, is televising every preseason game this year.

I believe there will be 54 preseason games televised on 212, not all of them but still better than any previous years.......

http://directvsports.com/Subscriptions/NFLSundayTicket/Enhancements/

The NFL Network airs 24 hours, 7 days a week and includes original news and information shows, weekly game preview shows, coach's shows, press conferences, fantasy football shows, and memorable game replays. And, for the first time ever, NFL SUNDAY TICKETâ„¢ fans will be able to see live pre-season games during the four week pre-season, with 54 pre-season games airing on DIRECTV Channel 212.***

I hope you paid the $49-$99 to get the DirecTV Tivo...

If not, you are really missing out. The ability to pause, instant replay, and slo mo live programming really kicks ass for football.

Some preseason games are on ESPN -- see the ESPN HDTV schedule -- I doubt these will be on the NFL network at the same time, although I haven't looked at their schedule.

DirecTV's Tivo is also the only way to take full advantage of Sunday Ticket. It lets you record two different football games at once to the built-in hard drive, or pause one and switch between 'em.

You can pause one game, watch another game til half time, then fast forward through the game you paused until the other game resumes. It works just like a DVD player with multiple FF/RW speeds -- 4x, 20x, 60x. You can skip forward or back in 15 minute increments too. It also has a 30-sec skip button to bypass commercials. See a demo here.

You buy the DirecTivo from DirecTV for $49-$99 and pay monthly DVR fee of $5/mo. It's a whole house fee, so you only pay $5/mo extra for DVR regardless of whether you have one Tivo or four Tivos in your home. The DVR fee is waived completely if you subscribe to DirecTV's premium programming package.

Yes you NEED TiVo, no point in getting DTV without it since they practically give it to you for free. It will change the way you watch TV.

All preseason games will be shown on NFL Network, but of course not all of them Live. But during the live games they will do special shows switching games for live look-ins and commentary. The rest of the games not shown Live will be shown on tape delay. Which is cool as hell. I have not seen an entire preseason of Redskin Football in 20 years. Now to be able to TiVo it and watch while fast forwarding through the boring parts...just excellent.

http://www.nfl.com/nflnetwork/story/7303265

Preseason games coming to NFL Network

(May 3, 2004) -- NFL Network will televise 54 games during the NFL's four-week preseason this year -- all games other than the 11 televised nationally by the NFL's four network partners (ABC, CBS, ESPN, & FOX).

For the first time, every snap of all 65 NFL preseason games will be available to all fans across the country.

Some NFL Network games will air live and some will be shown on tape delay. Traditional NFL broadcast arrangements for the preseason will remain the same, both locally and nationally.

NFL Network will announce days and times for these games after teams release their preseason schedules.

Three games will be produced live by NFL Network. The games and telecast crew will be selected at a later date.

Outside of the three games produced in-house, NFL Network will use the television feeds of local broadcasters and make use of both announcer crews. For example, if Carolina is playing Washington, NFL Network may use the local announcers from the Panthers for the first half, then switch to the Redskins' local crew for the second half.

In addition to carrying 54 preseason games, NFL Network will present three special NFL Total Access studio shows hosted by Rich Eisen to provide "live look-ins" on Sat., Aug. 14 at 7 p.m. ET, Thurs., Sept. 2 at 8 p.m. ET and Fri., Sept. 3 at 8 p.m. ET. These nights feature several preseason games airing at the same time. NFL Total Access will "whip around" to different games to keep fans up on all the action. Each game from the whip-around shows will later be shown in its entirety on NFL Network.

NFL Network is carried on DIRECTV's basic service that is seen in more than 12.2 million homes on Channel 212, and is also available on Voom's satellite service on Channel 312 as well as on cable via Charter Communications and Insight Communications. To get NFL Network, call 866-NFL-NETWORK.

NFL Network airs seven days a week, 24 hours a day on a year-round basis and is the first television network fully dedicated to the NFL and the sport of football.

Originally posted by WallyG3

I have a question about Tivo-ing games.

Does the game ever go past the scheduled recording time and you don't get the end of the game on your recording?

If so, how do you get around this?

I always set mine to tape an hour longer to be sure. It is an easy change.

Have any of you direct-tivo users had a problem with them changing stations before game-time?

I am rarely home on weekends and usually (if not going to a game) I'm fishing offshore.

I was wondering if I should be worried about setting it up the week before to record and it not working. If you didn't see the previous post excuse me, I just got it set up last week!

Thanks.

KB

Originally posted by KBNJ

Have any of you direct-tivo users had a problem with them changing stations before game-time?

I am rarely home on weekends and usually (if not going to a game) I'm fishing offshore.

I was wondering if I should be worried about setting it up the week before to record and it not working. If you didn't see the previous post excuse me, I just got it set up last week!

Thanks.

KB

You can set up a Season Pass to record all the games. As long as the listing in the program guide is correct, it should record on the right channel.

Wow, I'm so envious of everyone out there in the US who at least has the OPPORTUNITY to see all the Redskins games plus so many others. Over here in the UK, we get two live games Sunday night and no choice as to which games they are - I'd gladly pay a lot of money to be able to watch all the Skins games.

Originally posted by WallyG3

You can set up a Season Pass to record all the games. As long as the listing in the program guide is correct, it should record on the right channel.

I don't think you can set up a season pass on one team, you have to do it as a Wishlist, which will also record a bunch of crap like the 6am and 10am times of "Upcoming Dallas vs. Washington 1pm".

You can still set up the wishlist and manually delete stuff out of your To Do List, this way if you are gone you are at least gaurateed to get the game. Or you can set games up manually two weeks in advance, but you need to be careful about local broadcasts (see earlier post on Brown Outs).

Archived