Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

I just got Directv

Dallsux

I just got Dtv yesterday & I'm so happy. I can watch football year round now...well, kinda. I watched the Dallas Cowpukes @ NYGiants last night (November 4, 2001). What a good game. The Giants came back from a 17 point deficit & won in OT 27-24 after Stoerner threw 3 INT's in a row. I didn't even care that it was these 2 teams playing, just that I could watch football in the middle of the Dead Zone. That was nice. Total access has been nothing but Herman Edwards & John Lynch since. They are showing the Beagles @ the Goats NFCC game from 2001 Thursday @ 9pm (my money is on the Goats) & The 49ers vs... someone tonight (I missed who their opponent was...not like I care at this point). God, I can't wait til football season. But at least now I have something to bide my time...somewhat.

:wewantd: :dallasuck :dallasuck :dallasuck :wewantd: :dallasuck :dallasuck :dallasuck :wewantd:

Man, I wish Dish Network would get in-gear. Does DirecTV have some sort of agreement with the NFL where only they provide the channel? If that's the case, I may have to consider switching. I don't use the Superchannels (Turner) at all and have no real reason to stay with Dish, other than the stuff I have recorded on my PVR.

Nick

Only DirectTV has The Ticket... access to all the NFL games during the season. I believe they have exclusive access with a negotiated contract for the next several years... In other words, you won't be seeing NFL on Dish anytime soon, if ever.

I have no idea if the DirecTV has a deal with the NFL or not. All I know is that I love life right now.

:wewantd: :dallasuck :dallasuck :dallasuck :wewantd: :dallasuck :dallasuck :dallasuck :wewantd: :dallasuck :dallasuck :dallasuck :wewantd:

Originally posted by CowboyzSuckAzz

I just got Dtv yesterday & I'm so happy. I can watch football year round now...well, kinda. I watched the Dallas Cowpukes @ NYGiants last night (November 4, 2001). What a good game. The Giants came back from a 17 point deficit & won in OT 27-24 after Stoerner threw 3 INT's in a row. I didn't even care that it was these 2 teams playing, just that I could watch football in the middle of the Dead Zone. That was nice. Total access has been nothing but Herman Edwards & John Lynch since. They are showing the Beagles @ the Goats NFCC game from 2001 Thursday @ 9pm (my money is on the Goats) & The 49ers vs... someone tonight (I missed who their opponent was...not like I care at this point). God, I can't wait til football season. But at least now I have something to bide my time...somewhat.

:wewantd: :dallasuck :dallasuck :dallasuck :wewantd: :dallasuck :dallasuck :dallasuck :wewantd:

are you getting the NFL package or just DTV?

who did you leave comcast or cox?

Originally posted by MikeB

Only DirectTV has The Ticket... access to all the NFL games during the season. I believe they have exclusive access with a negotiated contract for the next several years... In other words, you won't be seeing NFL on Dish anytime soon, if ever.

Ehh... whattya' gonna' do... I may switch, anyway, just for NFL Sunday Ticket. My lady is a Bills fan and the only other outlet for her is to go to Jimmy's in Herndon so she can get her Bills fix. I'd rather stay home... :laugh:

Nick

I have no idea if the DirecTV has a deal with the NFL or not.

They do, and it has several more years to go before it expires and then they will have the right of first refusal. So if you want NFL then you will have to get Directv. The only way this will end is if the NFL decided its losing too much money in lost profits from other carriers, despite all the cash it gets from D*.

We have had NFL Sunday Ticket since 2000

Besides that, sports stations like MSG and Yes have been showing live regular season CFL games from Canada, and that will fill my void until the Redskins come back on

Got DirecTV in 96 so I could watch the Skins. Didn't have to wait for a week to watch each game that my brother would tape for me and send back here in Utah.

Its been worth every penny ever since.

Originally posted by ntotoro

Ehh... whattya' gonna' do... I may switch, anyway, just for NFL Sunday Ticket. My lady is a Bills fan and the only other outlet for her is to go to Jimmy's in Herndon so she can get her Bills fix. I'd rather stay home... :laugh:

Nick

Hey I have been there it is a lot of fun :cheers:

So I guess it is safe to say you will be watching the skins on another TV then :)

Originally posted by jbooma

Hey I have been there it is a lot of fun :cheers:

So I guess it is safe to say you will be watching the skins on another TV then :)

That's a given. I want to get one HD setup, then shove her in the other room with the "normal" TV... ;)

I don't mind Jimmy's at all, except I don't want to go just to watch Buffalo, you know what I mean? I actually go there occasionally on Wednesdays for open mic night. Laura went to UB and I think Jimmy's Father was a Professor there. Actually, she's in the latest alumni newletter in a pic taken there last Fall when Scott Norwood was there.

Just got back from Western New York this weekend... all I heard was Bills this, Buffalo that... :doh:

:logo: :helmet:

There, I feel better now... :cheers:

Nick

Originally posted by ntotoro

That's a given. I want to get one HD setup, then shove her in the other room with the "normal" TV... ;)

I don't mind Jimmy's at all, except I don't want to go just to watch Buffalo, you know what I mean? I actually go there occasionally on Wednesdays for open mic night. Laura went to UB and I think Jimmy's Father was a Professor there. Actually, she's in the latest alumni newletter in a pic taken there last Fall when Scott Norwood was there.

Just got back from Western New York this weekend... all I heard was Bills this, Buffalo that... :doh:

:logo: :helmet:

There, I feel better now... :cheers:

Nick

Just tell her she is in the same division as the Patriots :laugh: I have never been there on a wednesday night, how is it??

Originally posted by jbooma

Just tell her she is in the same division as the Patriots :laugh: I have never been there on a wednesday night, how is it??

It's pretty cool, if you don't mind staying out late and checking out what's there. Some friends and I actually threatened to steal one band's singer because he was pretty good and we ran into him in Falls Church one day... :laugh:

Just be careful if you have had a drink or two and you're out late. The Herndon Police have arrested more than a few people for walking outside drunk from the place. I don't know if there were other circumstances as well, but that was how it appeared on the surface.

Nick

They also are showing the Skins Panthers game from 99 tomorrow (Wed) at 4pm.

Originally posted by wiggyman77

Directv is such a monopoly communist with there football... arg!

What do you mean? I don't see ABC caughing up MNF, or ESPN cauging up SNF. Why would Direct TV (who caughed up the rights to Hockey, Basketball, and Baseball, btw...) want to let go of their cash cow new subscriber draw?

Originally posted by MikeB

What do you mean? I don't see ABC caughing up MNF, or ESPN cauging up SNF. Why would Direct TV (who caughed up the rights to Hockey, Basketball, and Baseball, btw...) want to let go of their cash cow new subscriber draw?

Because the NFL has final say and might want to open it to everyone to make even more money.

CSA,

You think you're having fun now, wait until the season starts. I got Sunday Ticket last year to watch the Skins, but I wound up watching a lot of other games as well. Enjoy!:cheers:

I hope they fix this issue...

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2003/writers/dr_z/11/12/insider/index.html

So for you new Ticket fans, you need to be aware of what games your local affiliates are showing.

I TiVoed the wrong channel on one game while I was gone last year because I was not aware of "Brown Outs". And I missed the beginning of 2 other Redskin games because of long running 1pm games.

Still, the only way for me to see the Skins every week. But it was very frustrating last year when it happened.

Archived