Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Ogelvy Yet again...

Dead Money

(Palm Beach Post...06/22/04

Dolphins aren't ready to trade Ogunleye

"Noteworthy: A Dolphins source said the team appreciates interest in restricted free agent Ogunleye expressed by clubs but added, "Why would we trade him now?" The Dolphins and agent Drew Rosenhaus will continue to work on a long-term contract...."

http://www.palmbeachpost.com/sports/content/auto/epaper/editions/tuesday/sports_047d7a7b63a0025400b8.html

Originally posted by Griff

Don't the Redskins have a good relationship with Drew Rosenhaus?

Synder and Rosenhaus have a great working relationship. It is a little bit of a shame that Taylor fired Rosenhaus.

Of course, the Dolphins are going to say this. But if it seems like he will hold out and they see him flying the coup, they will trade him.

This is similar to why Bailey was traded. It was obvious that he didn't want to be here and rather than losing him for nothing, we get Portis.

Originally posted by skinsfan93

Synder and Rosenhaus have a great working relationship. It is a little bit of a shame that Taylor fired Rosenhaus.

Of course, the Dolphins are going to say this. But if it seems like he will hold out and they see him flying the coup, they will trade him.

This is similar to why Bailey was traded. It was obvious that he didn't want to be here and rather than losing him for nothing, we get Portis.

That is an interesting angle to look at...

it's called negotiations people, do you really think miami is just going to say, "hey that deal sounds great where do we sign?"

come on people, they let the rumor out that they might trade him, they got some offers, now they are gonna push the envelope a little steeper to see what else they can get since they've seen some interest.

Originally posted by nace14

it's called negotiations people, do you really think miami is just going to say, "hey that deal sounds great where do we sign?"

come on people, they let the rumor out that they might trade him, they got some offers, now they are gonna push the envelope a little steeper to see what else they can get since they've seen some interest.

Nace, Who said anything about "it's called negotiations people, do you really think miami is just going to say, "hey that deal sounds great where do we sign?"????

It doesn't matter what kind of relationship the Skins have with Rosenhaus. Ogunleye isn't a free agent anymore. He has to sign with the Dolphins or the Dolphins have to trade him. It's not like Snyder can just call up Rosenhaus and offer a contract. A deal has to be worked out with Miami.

Originally posted by Griff

Nace, Who said anything about "it's called negotiations people, do you really think miami is just going to say, "hey that deal sounds great where do we sign?"????

well griff, technically, i said that.

the reason i said it is that everyone starts to jump around all nimbly and bimbly when the rumor starts and then everyone get's all defensive about it when miami comes out and says something about it. i'm just saying none of this is a big deal right now. as fans we just have to take these press releases for what they are worth, negotiation propaganda. and that is all they are.

no need to get all high on one side or the other at every little news break, nothing is ever a done deal in the nfl unless you are talking about the past or the immediate present. these rumors are far from over and right now as fans we just can only explore the possibilities and await the outcome. there is no reason for us to ever assume the outcome is ever over.

Originally posted by Chachie

Who the hell is Ogelvy?

"Adewele Ogunleye."

The man has a name. I know you ALL can spell it.

(Message not ONLY directed at this thread.)

Hate to break it to you ya bud, its "Adewale" not "Adewele," so apparently you can't spell it either.

Originally posted by nace14

well griff, technically, i said that.

the reason i said it is that everyone starts to jump around all nimbly and bimbly when the rumor starts and then everyone get's all defensive about it when miami comes out and says something about it. i'm just saying none of this is a big deal right now. as fans we just have to take these press releases for what they are worth, negotiation propaganda. and that is all they are.

no need to get all high on one side or the other at every little news break, nothing is ever a done deal in the nfl unless you are talking about the past or the immediate present. these rumors are far from over and right now as fans we just can only explore the possibilities and await the outcome. there is no reason for us to ever assume the outcome is ever over.

Nace, it is the off-season this is a message board to discuss the Redskins, so when a rumor comes about, that is what we do here, we get all "nimbly and bimbly" and discuss the possibilities, that is all this thread was. I didn't need you to fill me in on the fact that this is just a rumor, we all know it's not a big deal, or even close to a near deal, but this is the off-season and it gives us something to talk about. You need to relax a bit brother, and enjoy the conversation, not come in and blow up the topic like we have not a clue about the workings of the NFL.

Archived