Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

illegal aliens for Bush!!...

thew

With almost 1 third of all jobs created in the last three months going to illegal aliens and non us citizens.. ( Mcdonalds, Burgerking etc ).... Illegal Aliens are requesting the vote to help their benifactor George Bush retain office.... This president was taylored made for them and they appreciate all his hard work on their behalf.... excuse me while I go puke....

http://www.washingtontimes.com/business/20040617-101116-9084r.htm

The Washington Times

www.washingtontimes.com

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Immigrants help spur U.S. job growth

By Amy Doolittle

THE WASHINGTON TIMES

Published June 18, 2004

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A new report shows that noncitizens -- who cannot vote in the upcoming election -- are taking almost 30 percent of the new jobs created in the United States, a trend that threatens to blunt President Bush's efforts to trumpet economic growth during his push for reelection.

When government statistics showed a first quarter increase of 1.3 million jobs , the Bush administration heralded it as a sign of economic recovery. With about 30 percent of those jobs going to non-voters, however, the possible impact of that growth is not as great.

The report was issued Wednesday by the Pew Hispanic Center, a nonpartisan research organization based in Washington.

"I think that it maybe helps explain why the recent polls don't show that the president is getting as much of a bounce from the turnaround in the labor market as so many people expected," said Roberto Sero, director of the Pew Hispanic Center.

The main problem that this potentially creates for the Bush campaign is found in the 18 "battleground states," including Florida, New Hampshire, Maine, Michigan and West Virginia. These states, considered crucial to the November election by both parties, hold most of the nation's recent job gains: a whopping 75 percent of the increase between 2003 and 2004, according to the study.

Data gathered for the report shows that in these 18 states, noncitizens took one out of every five new jobs. Although this was less than the percentage nationwide, the importance of these states to the presidential election heightens the impact of these findings.

"The notion is that more people getting jobs will produce a greater sense of economic well-being and that will favor the president. You have to discount that by the fact that a large number of jobs are going to people who aren't voting and who aren't even eligible to vote," Mr. Sero said.

The data also show that while the immigrant populace only increased 14.3 percent from the first quarter of 2003 to the first quarter of 2004, their employment rate almost doubled, reaching 28.5 percent during the same period.

"In other words," the report said, "Employment for noncitizens grew twice as quickly as their population growth nationwide."

The reasons for this employment growth among noncitizens are found in the mobility and availability of immigrants as a work force.

"They are getting a disproportionate share of the new jobs because they are meeting the demand that is being created," Mr. Sero said. "As the economy is expanding, a large share of the new jobs are of the sort that immigrants, particularly recently arrived ones, are most likely to fill."

The study does not distinguish between documented and undocumented immigrants, leaving the possibility that a large number of these jobs could be taken by people who are in the country illegally.

An estimated 8 million to 12 million illegal immigrants live in the United States.

The report, titled "Latino Labor Report, First Quarter 2004: Wage Growth Lags Gains in Employment," also examines Hispanic employment rates, real weekly earnings levels, and Latinos' positions in the labor market.

Talk about partisan slander Thew. This does NOT say nearly a thrid went to ILLEGAL immigrants; it says almost a third are being taken by immigrants. Yes, it does say the survey does not distinguish between documented (legal) and illegals - but for you to make the sweeping supposition that they must all be illegal is patently false.

Finally, if immigrants want to work at McD's or Burger King, fine by me. Unless you want to spend $10 for a burger, accept it as a fact of life. No citizens want to be flipping burgers and such. Whom do you know who has lost a job to an illegal immigrant?

And lest you forget, Reagan, whom you claim to idolize, naturalized more ILLEGALS than any President in history.

Legalized more ILLEGALS than any President in history.

Untrue. Reagan had an amnesty, but so did Bush and so did Clinton. Reagan legalized more than any president up to his time maybe.. I'll have to reasearch that.

Rule #1:

In order to vote, you have to be a legal US citizen. I don't care if a million illegals wanted to vote for even Kerry, because if you aren't legal, you aren't voting. There's no way the government can allow that rule to even be bent, let alone broken.

Get your citizenship, then you can vote. If you don't like it, go home. Bush is a perpetual liar from what I've seen with my own two eyes and heard with my own two ears. People need to wake up and stop taking cold blooded advantage of everything all the time.

I dont' trust the administration in power right now worth anything. And I don't believe for one second that I'm the only one the feels this way.

what was that you said Renegade

Lets see: Give your Mexican id at the DMV

Get your drivers license

Use your drivers license to fill out the http://www.fec.gov voter registration form...

If you do not provide identification with this application, you will be asked for identification the first time you vote. If you do not provide proof of identification, you may cast a provisional ballot.The following forms of identification are acceptable:• a COPY of a current and valid photo identification• a COPY of a current utility bill, bank statement, government check, paycheck, or government document that shows the name and address of the voter

Its way too easy

i'm going to be sick....

They just had to throw out a case because an illegal immigrant was in the jury.... NOW thats going to cost us another trial....

Originally posted by Thiebear

what was that you said Renegade

Lets see: Give your Mexican id at the DMV

Get your drivers license

Use your drivers license to fill out the http://www.fec.gov voter registration form...

If you do not provide identification with this application, you will be asked for identification the first time you vote. If you do not provide proof of identification, you may cast a provisional ballot.The following forms of identification are acceptable:• a COPY of a current and valid photo identification• a COPY of a current utility bill, bank statement, government check, paycheck, or government document that shows the name and address of the voter

Its way too easy

i'm going to be sick....

They just had to throw out a case because an illegal immigrant was in the jury.... NOW thats going to cost us another trial....

Oh my God. If there was ever a situation that I needed someone to tell me and make me believe that this world was going to be better in time, now would be the time. I can't take this anymore. :( I love this nation and what it stands for, but its been overrun and infected by manipulation. Home is home, but it ain't sweet. Its become rotten.

You guys weren't aware that a driver's license, given to many illegal immigrants for obvious highway safety/insurance reasons, is being used to register and vote? Why do you think California has swung open the gate and left lunch bags for all illegal aliens that reach their border?

The illegal immigration problem must be addressed by the federal govt., and the first step is to force candidates to declare their opinion of illegal immigration and hold them accountable when the legislation comes up for vote.

And we wonder why the legislatures continue to ignore the voters and spend wildly and inact ridiculous legislation. More and more voters have no vested interest in this country and could care less about it's future and direction.... which gives Congress free reign to do as they please.

Immigration Alone would make me Vote for Kerry IF he would fix it. Well that and letting Kennedy do the Education Bill, AND the perscription Drug Program...

OMG, the pain......

Kerry wants to raise minimum wage... and raise taxes again on the 200k+, and and and and

Then theres Nader....

someone hold me.....

Archived